How to beat the Freeze bug

GenericNPC

This is for people who have encountered loading screen freezes while attempting to go through their game while getting every collectible (I made it through fine by doing this)

FOR STARTERS:

Make sure that when you go through each level the first time you get every collectible

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169820

The Video guide is super helpful for this

DO NOT REPLAY ANY LEVEL

1. Start the game and get everything there is to in Train Station

2. Once in Midtown ignore EVERY collectible

3. Continue onto Digsite making sure that you get everything on your first playthrough

4. Do this same method with Church, Farm, Hospital, and Cannery

5. Once these are complete move on to the side missions making sure to complete them fully the first time, these include:

Warehouse, Officer's House, SS Headquarters, Paranormal Base

Note: Outside of the Paranormal base there is a gold bar underneath the stairs where you exit, make sure to get it before jumping off the roof or you will have to replay the mission

6. Upon exiting the final side mission go and collect EVERYTHING in midtown starting in Midtown East and then moving to West

7. Move to Downtown ignoring all collectibles just like Midtown

8. Complete Castle making sure to get everything

9. Next complete the Radio Tower side quest

10. Before going to Airfield collect EVERYTHING in Downtown

11. Finally Complete Airfield and Zepplin while gathering everything

HUZZAH! you have beaten the freeze glitch

Edited by GenericNPC

just a quick question b4 I start, What did you use for the Downtown collectables? I checked the threads but i missed it somewhere ... can you link me to it?
well for midtown and downtown I used the strategy guide I'm not sure what is online for that sort of thing

That seems to be the case, yeah. The problem is for those of us that didn't collect everything the first time through. There's no beating the bug for us. We're either going to have to start over, or wait for an almost certain patch.

By the way, could you have drawn out your explanation any more? XD All that needs to be said is, "replay game, getting all collectibles along the way." Nonetheless, this should prove helpful for anyone who has yet to play the game, so thumbs up.

well I wanted to be thurough especially since if you get everything in midtown and downtown early it is liable to freeze, I just wanted to clarify what i did is all

Really? I wasn't aware that collecting everything in the hub worlds made the game freeze. Nor did I realize that they had to be collected in a certain order. Nonetheless, once again, good job. Hopefully Raven will release a patch soon so no one has to deal with this issue.

you might be able to get away with replaying one mission(i believe the OP replayed train station for conservationist), but any more and the game will likely freeze. Remember, it tends to freeze at around 80%, so if you replay missions and think your safe because it hasn't froze yet, you won't freeze until 80.

Three posts into the 'freezing' thread, I could have told you replaying chapters was the problem. That being said, I'm pretty sure you don't have to do the levels in any specific order, just complete them as they come. I say this because I collected everything in midtown very early on in the game without a problem. Also, I didn't even complete the side missions until later in the game.

And waiting on a patch isnt an option for those who rent it

If you have the time to replay the game, that is. I know I don't. I'll have to be returning the game pretty soon, and I don't even have the time to replay on easy for the 12 hour achievement. Thankfully I got the collectibles on my first run through, but depending entirely on when Raven offers up a patch, waiting and hoping is the only option for some.

you might be able to get away with replaying one mission(i believe the OP replayed train station for conservationist), but any more and the game will likely freeze.

Actually, my brother told me he replayed most of the games missions before it started freezing on him. It seems to be different for everyone.

Edited by zombiechips

hmm i realy want to play this game but now i think i will wait for a patch and get batman A A on friday instead as batman also has a much better review its a shame realy cuz i realy like the wolfenstein games and i dont want to spoil it by having to worry about worming around the freeze probs

thanks for the tips thow as i might still use if a patch dose not come out cheers

there is a huge bug,i have done all first/secondary missions.i have picked up all collectables for midtown east,which went fine,then started on midtown west,im 3/4 way through the pickups and i have to get down to the sewers behind the house with the nazi mg nest.i can get down the sewers no problems,but there is a door there which i cannot open because it says i have to complete the cannery mission.i have done all the missions.and iv put in a good 10 hours picking this crap up,not impressed,looks like im not gonna finish it after all

It sounds, Stawman, like you've encountered something entirely different than what we have. If you're talking about the door that leads to downtown, I think you first have to return to the Kreisau circle safe-house and speak to Caroline for the door to officially open. If you've done that and all of the missions as you said, the game may have glitched on you. However, if you are talking about the door leading to downtown, I'm pretty sure there's more than one way to get their.