If you're wondering why you didn't get an event ribbon...

lifeexpectancy

Poor programming? Or developer lazyness  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Poor programming? Or developer lazyness

• Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements.
    • Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they are doing 12 days of x-mas so we will see if a new ribbon turns up then...not going to get my hopes up though...

I think I missed an event day during this christmas one hopefully i get one more that i need. Do you remember how many ribbons were given out during the 12 days of christmas?

OP updated. I THINK based on replies here there were two more event changes since the Nov 30th one soI edited it based on that. I probably wont update the OP here much longer as I imagine there arent many players left from the pre "fix" group amd new players should pop socialite their very first match...the lucky bastards lol.

The event changed on Monday to "Can you dig it" and I got a Judgment ribbon for it, but I did not get a ribbon for "Hardcore Weekend." I started playing Gears 3 around April, so I know I couldn't have gotten the ribbon before.

Can anybody out there confirm that there was an event ribbon given for "Hardcore Weekend?"

-M

I've updated it with as many events as I know for sure were confirmed to be true event updates and not just playlist changes. In other words, I haven't seen anyone confirm that Boom Snipes was a different event I.D. than the previous one, but someone HAS confirmed that the new one "This is My Rifle" is a different event than the one that started on Dec 17th because he got credit toward War Supporter today and hasn't gotten any credit toward it the past few days. He finally popped his Socialite so I'm glad for him.

I'm probably going to stop updating the OP here after the holidays. From the looks of it the last few people that were stuck as part of the original group where they were only missing an event or two are probably going to be S.O.L. soon unless Petenub changes it again to just put you at 30/30 automatically instead of 29/30. The folks stuck at 29/30 that can't get credit for any of these brief events that have beeing going up the past week or two.... I feel for you guys I really do, but your numbers are diminishing rapidly and at this point 99% of the players will be "new" players that will just get it their very first match so there won't be much need for this thread moving forward.

I actually played three rounds of "Boooooom Snipes" last night (12/20/12) and I am pretty sure that the event was from the 19th to the 20th. I did not, however, get a ribbon for it (just like the previous "Hardcore Weekend".

Again, I started to play Gears 3 back in late May, so there is no way I could have had the ribbon from before. So even though I didn't get a ribbon, I can absolutely confirm that "Boooooom Snipes" was up on Thursday (12/20/12)

-M

Edit: I just finished playing "This is my Rifle" and I got another Judgment ribbon. I did not get one for "Boooooom Snipes" (on Thursday) or "Hardcore Weekend," but I did get one for the others. Weird. Maybe ... uh, nah, I got nothing. I have no idea why some of the Gearsmas events are giving me ribbons and some are not.

Edited by Silicon Iceman

Anyone know if there's any New Years' Eve/Day/Week events going on? I wish there was some GoW3 Event Calendar to be found on Epic's website, or ANY OTHER website for that matter. It would be nice to know if I could pick up the FINAL event I need for my 30 events achievement, especially considering I've owned the game since release day - I'm married and don't have too much time to play gorey, action-based modes for very long without catching too much shit from my wife!!

I've been playing One Shot, one kill a few times today and have yet to get it to count. I've never played this match type before because I'm not that good with the sniper. The event ends today according to the website. I've also tried just regular matches. Any ideas?

It looks like they still haven't updated the event. I've been checking every other day or so. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...