can't seem to get S rank for defend icebreaker stage (normal)

Keith84

i tried diz stage many times only to get A rank..anyone can suggest how to get S rank? i've completed the stage without even letting a single sub fire a missile..but still no S rank..

any help would be much appreciated..

i tried diz stage many times only to get A rank..anyone can suggest how to get S rank? i've completed the stage without even letting a single sub fire a missile..but still no S rank..

You need to pay attention to the mission to find out what requirements there are. There are three basic things:

Amount Of Damage Taken (Less damage taken, more points for you)

Ammunition (Less ammo used, more points for you)

Time (Quicker you finish, more points for you)

All missions use one to all three of those requirements in order to figure out your Rank. At the end of a mission just look to see what requirements are being used for that mission and adjust your gameplay accordingly.

Edit: Apparently the mission you are having trouble with is based on Damage and Time.

16. Icebreaker Defense

N. 12800ap / -ammo / 330s

H. 14800ap / -ammo / 330s

Just edit your mech and weaponry so that you can do quick damage and not sustain a lot of damage. By the way, those numbers above are what you need to obtain Rank S for Normal & Hard difficulties.

You need to pay attention to the mission to find out what requirements there are. There are three basic things:

Amount Of Damage Taken (Less damage taken, more points for you)

Ammunition (Less ammo used, more points for you)

Time (Quicker you finish, more points for you)

All missions use one to all three of those requirements in order to figure out your Rank. At the end of a mission just look to see what requirements are being used for that mission and adjust your gameplay accordingly.

Edit: Apparently the mission you are having trouble with is based on Damage and Time.

Just edit your mech and weaponry so that you can do quick damage and not sustain a lot of damage. By the way, those numbers above are what you need to obtain Rank S for Normal & Hard difficulties.

as a matter of fact for dat mission..i suffered 0AP dmg..i used only lik 20k of ammo and 189secs..all 3 requirements are under the threshold..still no S rank!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if you're playing this mission on NORMAL, then just use the least costly Grenade launchers on your back. It's what I did.

Also, tune your mech to be extremely fast, do not worry about defense/AP. Basically, just make it to where you can overboost a lot, and are very fast. (Turn your KP output all the way up, and then your overboost)

Other than that, memorize where each Sub spawns, and which ones spawn first.

(Hopefully, I have the right mission in mind, I traded this game ages ago once I got all 1000)

I have the same damned problem!

i did the mission with zero damage, zero wepon cost ( i spiked them all, dead in 2 hits while theyre still coming out of the water) and in 183 seconds but apparently thats still just an A, what the hell do you need to do to get an S? i dont think you can physically do it any faster, i have already trimmed my mech to just the 2 blades, nothing else and also the fastest its possible to build. If anybody does have an S rank on this mission can you tell me what your stats were for it.

• 1 month later...

Ah hah! Found it.

You need to get 180 seconds or under for S rank. What I did... is dual grenade launchers on my back, quad precision legs (for sniping), and 2 050ANSR Sniper Rifles. And don't forget the 047AN05 FCS chip. Just try to find a point in the map where you have a clear line of sight to the subs and blow them out of the water. The speed at which you destroy the first 2 waves is unimportant, but destroy the last wave (the one of 4) ASAP!

The 047AN05 FCS chip is definitely the key, I couldn't get an S rank until I used it. Beef up your EN output, lighten your mech as much as possible, tune your boosters to get the most out of them, and with the 047AN05 chip you should get a good radar outlay of the map.

When the last wave of 4 subs surface, they'll make a square on the radar (one at each corner) Try to hover in the middle of this and you shouldn't have to move much to be able to lock on to each with two OGOTOs (or high powered sniper rifles, if you prefer) Just turn to face each one from this position, only move as close as you need to lock on, fire and quickly turn to the next. Firing two OGOTOs at once should be more than enough to sink each sub from this distance, so you don't have to wait until they've hit before attacking the next one.

I finished the mission at 177s this way, I hope it helps :)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

watch the videos for S Rank on youttube just type in AC4 and the name of the mission. It has the guy on Hard so should be same concept on Normal

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hands down the easiest way to get an S rank on that mission is to take the lightest Mech Assembly that can support two Ogoto shoulder-mounted grenade launchers.

One direct hit will take out a sub and, if you're a bit sluggish, a light automatic weapon can help to intercept their missiles. All that matters is that you chase down the enemy radar signatures as soon as they appear.

This should be easy as pie even on Hard.

Edited by Drunken Swede
Typo.