Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently replaying Bioshock to get tonic collector and historian. I'm playing it on easy so i can rip through it. But its taking forever... I have been playing about 1 and a half hours and i am just now finishing the Medical Pavilion (Just need to take out that big daddy). Was it slow like this for everyone else?

Currently replaying Bioshock to get tonic collector and historian. I'm playing it on easy so i can rip through it. But its taking forever... I have been playing about 1 and a half hours and i am just now finishing the Medical Pavilion (Just need to take out that big daddy). Was it slow like this for everyone else?

Yeah it was pretty slow for me too. Looking for those diaries really made it take forever. So don't worry, it's expected.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I wasn't in the mood to play through BioShock 3 times, I combined my Historian, Seriously Good at This, and Brass Balls altogether into one playthrough. It worked well, until halfway through Hephaestus, when the Vita-Chambers miraculously started to work again. I checked the options, and the option to disable Vita-Chambers was gone altogether. I thought nothing of it, continued without using them, and no achievement, even when they disabled themselves for the final battle with Fontaine. Anyone else have this problem?

• 1 month later...

It took me about 50 minutes to pass Medical Pavilion collecting everything. I'm going to take this game slow and do 1 level in each sitting (1-2 sittings per week, or whenever I feel like it) use walkthroughs and guides as much as possible. Read into where exactly where to find every Diary don't just look at a map. Directions are a great help!

• 9 months later...
So yeah i just bought bioshock,looked up the achievements online,and made my goals to get "brass balls" "seriously good at this" and a couple of others.

Well that was about 4 days ago. Today I finally beat the game on the first try on HARD without using any vitachambers(If I had died or was about to die I would either return to the dashboard or go and load back up my last save)

beat atlas get the "defeated atlas" achievement.......2 achievemnts for 140g!

"Oh I wonder what those were"

"seriously good at this" and "little sister savior" and "WHAT?!" no brass balls achievement?! WTF WHAT THE FLYING DUCK DID I DO WRONG?!

do you have the free DLC downloaded?

• 4 months later...

it really bummed me out that in Bioshock 2 we didn't had to find every single recording to get the achievement. They could have done the same on the first game since I've only missed like 2 of them on the original Bioshock and really don't think I'll be able to play it all over again just for that...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question as im quite confused about this and have looked around for a while, is the xbox 360 achievement list and the PC version list different for Bioshock? Like the Fallout 3 version, where they have two different lists?

Or, I may be wrong and the PC version doesn't have achievements but I've been told they have?

Any help on this guys?

Thanks,

TRG.

• 6 months later...

Well, I just finished this game today and I guess I left out a video diary because the achievement didn't unlock, and it's the last one I need. Lol, I am pretty upset with myself right now. :(

Edit: I missed 2. One was in a trunk, and the other was in plain sight at a bar.

Edited by Rums

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm just posting something to unlock my account. Fingers crossed. :) p.s. Bioshock is a great game. Storys and quirks with games like this and Prey are what keep me coming back to FPS games (I'm all about RPG's...)