Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 4 months later...
Hopefully this game will be fun but dont know if it will be worth $60. Does look like it has SOME easy achievements so I may check it out.

Its only going to run $39.99. Got the following info from the Gamestop website:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75878

"Jurassic the hunted is an epic, story-drive first person shooter set on a dark mysterious island that connects the modern world with the age of dinosaurs. You will take on the role of Craig Dylan, a weapons and survival expert, hired to protect a research team sent to study the strange temporal energy of the island and recover whatever is left of the expedition lost on the island 25 years ago."

• 12 levels
  • 13 weapons
  • 13 dinosaur & creature types
  • 40+ achievement/collectables
  • Unique Adrenaline Burst - unique cinematic features that allows to visualize and then target an opponent's weak points in slow motions.
  • Sci-fi Story Mode - Pulled back in time through the Bermuda Triangle you are lost in the brutal age of dinosaurs
  • Combat encounters
    • Arena combat
    • Boss fights
    • Fortification battles

As some have mentioned...think I'll wait for the demo on this one.

Edited by Tieg
Adding link

Its only going to run $39.99. Got the following info from the Gamestop website:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75878

"Jurassic the hunted is an epic, story-drive first person shooter set on a dark mysterious island that connects the modern world with the age of dinosaurs. You will take on the role of Craig Dylan, a weapons and survival expert, hired to protect a research team sent to study the strange temporal energy of the island and recover whatever is left of the expedition lost on the island 25 years ago."

• 12 levels
  • 13 weapons
  • 13 dinosaur & creature types
  • 40+ achievement/collectables
  • Unique Adrenaline Burst - unique cinematic features that allows to visualize and then target an opponent's weak points in slow motions.
  • Sci-fi Story Mode - Pulled back in time through the Bermuda Triangle you are lost in the brutal age of dinosaurs
  • Combat encounters
    • Arena combat
    • Boss fights
    • Fortification battles

As some have mentioned...think I'll wait for the demo on this one.

Seems strange that they wouldn't even release any screenshots. That's not goodnews for a game, I'll definitely look into it, who doesn't like dinosaurs?:woop:

I like dinosaurs, I played Turok enjoyed it and fully acheived it, I saw this game posted here today but what I want to know is if it is coming to the UK.

Looks like you and I both buy dinosaur avatars from the Marketplace, haha. :)

I got paid from my job the day I heard about this game, so I had $40 to spare and decided to reserve it full price at GameStop based on the box art and title alone. I feel like I'm 7 years old again buying things because they look pretty. :p

I'm excited. Today I pick up Lips: #1 Hits and next week Jurassic. :3

No mention of multiplayer? That's unfortunate. Not that multiplayer is out for sure or anything, but it will be disappointing if there isn't any sort of co-op or versus mode. I played Turok for about 6-8 months because of the multiplayer features. If this is single-player only, I'll be finished with this in a flash.

I certainly hope there's an online co-op feature. It would rock to run around blasting dinos away with a friend.

@Brianzilla2004: Looks like there may be some sort of Co-Op called "Fortification Mode". I'm guessing that it'll be like Nazi Zombies somewhat where you gotta team up to protect a base or area from Dino Intruders.

I'm looking forward to this game though, I liked Turok but never got it. However for $40, this'll hopefully be pretty cool.

@Brianzilla2004: Looks like there may be some sort of Co-Op called "Fortification Mode". I'm guessing that it'll be like Nazi Zombies somewhat where you gotta team up to protect a base or area from Dino Intruders.

I'm looking forward to this game though, I liked Turok but never got it. However for $40, this'll hopefully be pretty cool.

Unfortunately I don't believe you're correct on that one: I watched some gameplay footage from a user on Youtube, and there was a certain part in a story level where he was fortified behind a wooden fence with a mounted machine gun.

This game at least looks like it will be above mediocre and provide some enjoyment, but the achievements are just too simple and too easy for my tastes, and make me feel there won't be much replay value throughout the entire game.

If it has any kind of co-op, at least, I might buy it. But man, I have too many new games I have yet to beat, and there are much better titles coming in under a month.

Edited by Jaden Arbiter

Unfortunately I don't believe you're correct on that one: I watched some gameplay footage from a user on Youtube, and there was a certain part in a story level where he was fortified behind a wooden fence with a mounted machine gun.

I can confirm this. As for co-op, Survival mode is co-op. It plays just like Gears of War's hoard mode.

Guys game is really short,took me 3 hours 1st time and you have play it through twice to get finish on hard as beating last level wont do it

Acievements unlock just as you play it

I think this game is rather enjoyable. Even though its like toruk. Its always fun to head shot dinos.. You mean to tell me williepicket, you wont buy the game because you have to complete the game twice. Wow!!! Thats really, really shallow if you ask me