Poll: Would GTAO been 'better' with out micro transactions?

Dirty130

Would GTAO been a better experience without micro transactions?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would GTAO been a better experience without micro transactions?

• Would have been a better experience WITH micro transactions
    • Would have been a better experience WITHOUT micro transactions

It's genuinely just the one you voted for. Try signing out and looking at the poll options. ;)
No doubt, I voted 'with out'. :)

Without.

At least GTA hides them a bit. I'm playing AC4 MP and microtransactions are everywhere! No matter where I look; Character clothing, abilities, etc, there they are.

Really? I think Ass Creed 4 was going to be my next One game. So it's full of micro transactions too, huh? Great :rolleyes:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even ACIII was riddled with the possibility to pay for everything the with credit-thingies.

You're next game should be Thief on 28th Feb. I know it's mine!

Yeah, Ass Creed isn't really my thing, but wanted to try Black Flag on One. Thief on the other hand is pre-ordered!

Yeah, Ass Creed isn't really my thing, but wanted to try Black Flag on One. Thief on the other hand is pre-ordered!

Top Man!

And back on topic; the poll now has 2 votes that GTAO would be BETTER with MCTs. I know some people believe that they dont affect it either way, but how can a game ever be better for them? Would one of the two who voted like to explain?

Top Man!

And back on topic; the poll now has 2 votes that GTAO would be BETTER with MCTs. I know some people believe that they dont affect it either way, but how can a game ever be better for them? Would one of the two who voted like to explain?

I didn't vote b/c I don't see their direct "result" on the game so far. Being it's optional and has no official bearing on "Skill", it's like McDonalds now selling Tofu Burgers on the side. Everyone would start looking at it as a "push" to phase out the bad (tasty) stuff.

I honestly would have NO official knowledge of MT's in GTA if they weren't bashed so much on forums. Given all the glitchers, how would you be able to tell an MT buyer from a glitcher?

I didn't vote b/c I don't see their direct "result" on the game so far. Being it's optional and has no official bearing on "Skill", it's like McDonalds now selling Tofu Burgers on the side. Everyone would start looking at it as a "push" to phase out the bad (tasty) stuff.

I honestly would have NO official knowledge of MT's in GTA if they weren't bashed so much on forums. Given all the glitchers, how would you be able to tell an MT buyer from a glitcher?

I must admit that the one thing GTA does have over others, is that cash-walls are not included on every virtual payment screen.

As far as i'm concerned, the only people who complain about them are the people that can't afford them and need to ask mummy to borrow her credit card lol.

That's a shortsighted way of looking at it... IMO microtransactions are an ugly phenomenon, that of course directs game developers to weigh the in-game rewards more and more to a point where it would be tempting to pay up. To say "if you don't want 'em, just don't buy 'em" is immensely ignorant. It's not a question of not having the cash - I wouldn't even notice those few euros missing from my bank account. But I simply refuse to pay, out of general principle.

IMO microtransactions are an ugly phenomenon,

/

I wouldn't even notice those few euros missing from my bank account. But I simply refuse to pay, out of general principle.

Of course, you've already paid for the game. Why should you pay for extra content? My question to you though is; If it's a F2P game like Happy Wars, how do you feel about the micro transactions?

But even if it IS there right in your face - Do you feel compelled at all to even WANT to buy them?

I'm not interested in buying them, the same way I'm not interested in buying them in GTA Online. I don't believe they belong in $60 titles. That's that.

Are you serious? Haven't played AC:BF yet but seem to remember them having some MT's in AC3? Might be confused though.

Yup. You can buy "Erudito Credits" that cost anywhere from $5-$100. Those points can buy "Abstergo Points" that increase you XP for a bit or you can unlock Abilities (Poison, Guns, etc) or outfits for your characters.

Of course, you've already paid for the game. Why should you pay for extra content? My question to you though is; If it's a F2P game like Happy Wars, how do you feel about the micro transactions?

I think I've only played one single F2P game in my life, but nonetheless.. yeah I would accept micro transactions more easily in those games. It's a whole different outset, since you didn't initially pay anything. By spending money at that point you're basically saying the game is worth something. But overall I don't feel like F2P is my thing, and I try my best not to support them.

It's ironic how "free to play" is actually the complete opposite of what the name implies, and especially mobile game developers are now coming to the conclusion that F2P is really the best way to make money.

I'm not interested in buying them, the same way I'm not interested in buying them in GTA Online. I don't believe they belong in $60 titles. That's that.

There's ppl that like to argue that DLC should already be on disc which is a slightly diff debate. I'm with you in that "I" have no use for them. I didn't believe some games should have MP but the there are a few surprises.

I simply just avoid it and get MY $60 worth. As should everyone instead of nagging over something they're not gonna buy an isn't gonna affect them directly. It's moot.

You can buy "Erudito Credits" that cost anywhere from $5-$100. Those points can buy "Abstergo Points" that increase you XP for a bit or you can unlock Abilities (Poison, Guns, etc)

*Puke

Sorry, but that's terrible! So that gun I saw in my dabble with the multiplayer is purchasable with micro transactions? Really? Fuck..

I don't feel like F2P is my thing, and I try my best not to support them.

/

especially mobile game developers are now coming to the conclusion that F2P is really the best way to make money.

I don't want to support them either, but F2P games have an addictiveness to them I don't really find in many other games. Shoot Many Robots and Happy Wars are my examples. Mobile game developers have some shitty ideas..

I think Shoot Many Robots is a good example of this.

Exactly right.

I think I've only played one single F2P game in my life, but nonetheless.. yeah I would accept micro transactions more easily in those games. It's a whole different outset, since you didn't initially pay anything. By spending money at that point you're basically saying the game is worth something. But overall I don't feel like F2P is my thing, and I try my best not to support them.

It's ironic how "free to play" is actually the complete opposite of what the name implies, and especially mobile game developers are now coming to the conclusion that F2P is really the best way to make money.

While microtransactions on consoles are fairly reasonable, when it comes to mobile devices, some developers really take the piss. It's like one game I heard about (and there's a video of it, but I can't find it right now) it's free to download, but you only have one level and one character. Each additional character costs money (a lot of money), as does each level. And the thing is that it's a really shitty game which was essentially a clone of another game. Some kid ran up a huge bill in the thousands over that.

Exactly right.

While microtransactions on consoles are fairly reasonable, when it comes to mobile devices, some developers really take the piss. It's like one game I heard about (and there's a video of it, but I can't find it right now) it's free to download, but you only have one level and one character. Each additional character costs money (a lot of money), as does each level. And the thing is that it's a really shitty game which was essentially a clone of another game. Some kid ran up a huge bill in the thousands over that.

The problem with F2P is that it's "The Bare Minimum" or Basic stuff. I mean, in the age of Free, we should all know by now that nothing is truly free and if it is, the quality is more than likely less than quality ;)

Very far and few developers will support free or cheap like Ubisoft, Valve and others. Valve has given away more than I might have even paid full prices for.

As long as you're looking at F2P as something to jam on when there's nothing ELSE to do, they serve a purpose. Otherwise, if you want longevity + quality and more options without pinching pennies? Retail standards are your best bet. You take the good with the bad. It just depends on the person gauging it.

So it's been 5 days now. I really didn't expect the poll to be so one sided. It's not like 1000s of people voted, but it's pretty obvious how the general public feel about micro transactions being included in GTAV and other games for that matter. Thanks for the input everyone! :)

Pretty lame, if R* hadn't cut in half money rewards for completed missions with patch 1.04, perhaps the money gift cheater party wouldn't have happened. When a game costs 60$, I don't mind paying for real playable DLCs, not stupid micro transactions.

And this poll shows a lot of people agree with you. Hackers would have done the money hacks regardless I'm sure Though I can't help to think they pushed it as hard as they did due to R* nerfing payouts just like you said.

The problem with F2P is that it's "The Bare Minimum" or Basic stuff. I mean, in the age of Free, we should all know by now that nothing is truly free and if it is, the quality is more than likely less than quality ;)

Very far and few developers will support free or cheap like Ubisoft, Valve and others. Valve has given away more than I might have even paid full prices for.

As long as you're looking at F2P as something to jam on when there's nothing ELSE to do, they serve a purpose. Otherwise, if you want longevity + quality and more options without pinching pennies? Retail standards are your best bet. You take the good with the bad. It just depends on the person gauging it.

Hence why I hate free to play games :rolleyes: