Battle Trophy Discussion

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are classified as Grigori on the Monster List but that wasn't what I was talking about.

I was saying if the BT is 5 instead of 55 since there was the same thing going on with Myuria spending 10 hours in battle instead on 100 :p. I already have 4 Grigori kills with Faize so 1 more and I can confirm if it is or isn't.

I doubt the Spawns are considered Grigori, as Bacchus has a battle trophy titled:

070: Defeat 100 Kokabiel Spawn

I've personally gotten this one and that's what it reads in game as well, so I doubt the game would reference the same units under two different BT's like that.

Bacchus having that has no bearing on Faize's BTs whatsoever... it's like saying Metal Scumbags don't count as scumbags because Lymle has to defeat 99 Metal Scumbags and Arumat has to defeat 999 scumbags.

I'm not saying they're definitely Grigori, I'm saying that that's not a reason that they're not.

And thanks to stupid Sarah I keep trying to type Grogiri.

They are classified as Grigori on the Monster List but that wasn't what I was talking about.

I was saying if the BT is 5 instead of 55 since there was the same thing going on with Myuria spending 10 hours in battle instead on 100 :p. I already have 4 Grigori kills with Faize so 1 more and I can confirm if it is or isn't.

I think you might be right. I mean there are only 5 grigori that you can kill with faize in your party, so it seems reasonable.

Well it definitely is not 5 Grigori.

I killed Armaros, Barachiel, Sahariel, Armaros Manifest, and Kokabiel with Faize alone.

So it is most likely 55 Grigori. Since I did not receive it after killing the Kokabiel. Considering that I killed over "100" Kokabiel Spawn so I know they don't count but if you look in your Monster book after the battle only 4 count as killed.

So all things considering I killed atleast 5 Grigori and at most 9 with Faize and still have no trophy unlocked. So I guess I am going to have to do a few Sataniel runs when I get there since I should be getting 5 or 6 Grigori per run.

I should also point out that using two items that add up to 100% (Fresh Sage/Bigberries) does NOT work, I'm guessing a spell has to be involved. I'd also make sure whoever needs this targets themselves, it'd probably work on others but just to be safe.

How about using a Fresh Sage then a greater heal (the name evades me at the moment...) as that's rated for a 70% of total health heal?

Homakruz:

If you're using Faize against that boss then you're on your 2nd playthrough? And it says 4 spawn killed? That's what mine says now and I'm in my 1st playthrough's endgame... so does the count stop there?

Yes, I am on my second playthrough and no it continues, it is up to 8 now.

I just went through the Final bosses in the Palace of Creation and thus hopefully have 6 more Grigori. (Not sure since the only 2 that count on the monster catalouge are the Apostle of Creation and Sataniel.)

So Now I have 11 Grigori kills with Faize( + 8 if you count the 4 Kobakiel Spawn ). I will stop counting the Kobakiel when I get to 55 Grigori :S.

Takes about an hour per run though. Not counting the ending's since you can't skip them.

How about using a Fresh Sage then a greater heal (the name evades me at the moment...) as that's rated for a 70% of total health heal?

Well, the two people who have the trophy are Edge and Myuria, neither of them have a 70% spell but I tried experimenting since I don't have Myuria's yet... I killed Myuria, used Fresh Sage on her for 30%, used Ripe Berries on her for another 30%, and then used her Healing lv 10 spell which does 40%. It didn't work ultimately, it's healing for 99 too many points. I think there's a problem when it rounds the numbers for the percentages and it just doesn't add up.

Also, I'm not sure if they can heal anyone to capacity or it has to be them. It's probably anyone but when I did Edge I had him heal himself and if that's the case item usage is further complicated by his Appetite skill which increases the effect of HP recovery items by an undisclosed amount. I'm sure you could figure the % of that out but anything higher than Blueberries was healing him completely so there's not much point in figuring it for him. Like I said you can probably heal anyone but I was being cautious since it seems so complicated.

And Homacruz: Are they sadistic enough to make everyone sit through the unskippable endings a minimum of 5 times? Nevermind... don't answer that

Edited by Dexx2328

I'm at a loss for doing Sarah's "Recover exactly 777 HP" BT. I assume I have to manipulate a character so that his max HP is say 2506 with Healing restoring 31%. Problem is, most have more than this amount. Is there a better way to do this one?

edit: I've been thinking about the wording. I guess it could be as simple as say healing Edge when his HP is 9223/10000, effectively healing him for 777 HP. That would be certainly be easier to set up. Or is Sarah supposed to heal herself? Man, these things need to be more specific.

edit 2: Nope that didn't work.

Edited by shenshon

And Homacruz: Are they sadistic enough to make everyone sit through the unskippable endings a minimum of 5 times? Nevermind... don't answer that

I sure as heck hope not. :p But we will see what happens.

I might as well add that apart from Faize, Commander Kenny is one of my favorite characters from this game.

As a sidenote an easy way to get Arumat's 5-1 HP Remaining trophies:

When you first get Arumat keep his auto healing ability at 1.

Create a monster jewel that adds +100 HP and equip it to him.

Go into battle and use the DANGER DO NOT DRINK to reduce his hp to 1 and then equip the auto-healing ability in battle.

Wait 1-4 iterations (2-5 HP Remaining BTs respectively). Unequip auto-heal and win the battle, then unequip the monster jewel that adds +100 hp.

Go into battle and poison him with a poision cider and wait 1-4 iterations and aquaberry him and you will be at the HP needed for the amount of iterations you waited.

Edited by Homakruz

So anyone got any tips on how to defeat an enemy from behind? i keep killing enemies while im standing right behind them and nothing. Anyone got any good tips?

Easiest way I can tell you is to blindside the enemy and attack from behind. If you need to hit it once or twice to lower its health before the blindside.

So anyone got any tips on how to defeat an enemy from behind? i keep killing enemies while im standing right behind them and nothing. Anyone got any good tips?

I'm pretty sure it means that the enemy has to be behind you, I've gotten it with Arumat but not with Meracle yet.

And it could mean something else entirely, but I have a feeling I'm right.

Well, the two people who have the trophy are Edge and Myuria, neither of them have a 70% spell but I tried experimenting since I don't have Myuria's yet... I killed Myuria, used Fresh Sage on her for 30%, used Ripe Berries on her for another 30%, and then used her Healing lv 10 spell which does 40%. It didn't work ultimately, it's healing for 99 too many points. I think there's a problem when it rounds the numbers for the percentages and it just doesn't add up.

If you work out the math, a lvl 10 healing spell actually heals around 41% of your total hp.

You just need to heal, subtract that amount from your max hp, and manipulate your hp down to the amount needed via poison and weak enemies.

Then heal yourself, and you're done.

It can be annoying, but thats how I got them done.

It actually did around 40.0002% or something similar, the spell desrciption claims it's 40% but yes you have to manipulate the damage yourself. I don't like dealing with the weak enemies, I prefer fogging/beserk scarving members of the party and handing them the scumbag slayer, it's much faster than the piddly-ass monsters.

I'm having problems trying to get the recover exactly 777 hp trophy for Sarah as well that was mentioned earlier when I first got her on my team when she was healing other teammates I'm pretty sure she was already healing more than 777 hp.. so how would one obtain it?

Try taking off her gear and maybe look for an item that will dump her INT stat. I'm fairly sure that decreases the power of spells which would cause her to heal for less.

If that doesn't work you can try making monster jewels out of Spriggan, a monster in the Cave of the Seven Stars... it has an ability that will lower the max HP of a character by half. By that point your characters will probably still be too high in levels no matter how many times you synthesize that but for future playthroughs...

Try taking off her gear and maybe look for an item that will dump her INT stat. I'm fairly sure that decreases the power of spells which would cause her to heal for less.

I thought healing spells healed a percentage of HP based on the skill level? I'll have to test that out. Otherwise going the monster jewel route that Dexx mentioned sounds like a good plan.