Was ELITE worth it?

Was ELITE worth it?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Was ELITE worth it?

• NO
    • YES

I personally love Terminal, i play KC & the spawns are near perfect, much better than MW3's claustrophobic maps, maybe their diff in diff game types but for me in KC their near perfect apart from the odd bad spawn but no where near as frequently bad as MW3's maps.

To each his own. But some games I will pull a 10.0 and call in a 2 Ass Clappers. Other games I can't leave the damn security area because the shitty spawns won't flip.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a good investment... idea.

it saved money than if you'd bought dlc as soon as it was released, and you got early access to maps.

the content however wasnt all good quality. i would have prefered less spec ops and more maps. face off ones were a nice idea, but 3 months of 1v1 maps was overkill.

Definately worth it, because basically I've got a free premium elite membership.

Before u say it's not true, here is how my situation was:

In Italy (where I live) a brand new game always costs 70€(standard edition), so before MW3 came out I pre-ordered it from amazon.uk and I paid it 55.78£.

When I bought it, I saw the price in pounds, then in Euros and it was something like this:

55.78£=69.56€

so yes I paid the Hardened edition almost the same price as the standard one in Italy.

Definately worth it, because basically I've got a free premium elite membership.

Before u say it's not true, here is how my situation was:

In Italy (where I live) a brand new game always costs 70€(standard edition), so before MW3 came out I pre-ordered it from amazon.uk and I paid it 55.78£.

When I bought it, I saw the price in pounds, then in Euros and it was something like this:

55.78£=69.56€

so yes I paid the Hardened edition almost the same price as the standard one in Italy.

ok but, assuming you paid standard price for CoD ELITE, would you say yes or no, i paid £15 less than the £80 (£65) assuming i paid £40 for call of duty elite it was not worth it, even paying £65 for hardened edition wasnt worth it

I feel ELITE was worth my $50

I use it for everything it has. If you study and play this game to keep improving as the months go on YES.

I would go on the maps section and see where on maps are the hot spots.

Just studying that alone would help like during clan ops as well as overall playing. Playing in a clan allows you to look up a players stats that are possible recruits. You can go in to their recent games and see their statistics and can even catch and weed out boosters and cheaters. Elite had alot to offer than just the DLC content. I personally try the new maps out a few times than disable them on the lobby before playing. Alot of things on there to help improve your game. It just depends on how much time you wanna put into using and studying it. Yes it lacks some of the BO playercard stats but this is not BO it is MW3. i felt it was worth my money well spent and so do all my clanmates. We were the 3rd clan to reach Level 50 months back, and all of us used ELITE religiously.

Playing in a clan allows you to look up a players stats that are possible recruits. You can go in to their recent games and see their statistics and can even catch and weed out boosters and cheaters.

Can't you look up other people's stats even if you didn't pay for Elite premium? I thought you could. (Sorry, I don't care enough to go on Elite right now and check myself.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think it was a waste of money. But it should have been problem free and not as frustrating as it was since it was a paid subscription. It felt like a beta test. Obviously Elite understands this since it will now be free. I got an email today saying my subscription will go until March 2013. I guess to make up for the Clan op problems. Free or not, Activision will find a way into our wallets since the dlc will make up for the free Elite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did not purchase elite separately. I purchased the hardened edition of the game which came with a subscription to ELITE.

So I only ended up paying $40 for ELITE instead of $50 - regardless, I stopped playing MW3 around April or May of this year and never even got the full supply of DLC.

My answer - NO

thank God they changed it up for BLops 2

• 4 weeks later...