Achievement Guide

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following achvs are pretty tough:

Get to the chopper is the hardest. I would give that an 8/10 its so easy to die on wave 4 as they flood you quickly with a lot of enemies from multiple directions so you need 3 crack human Co-Op players who are all alert!

Veteran + Lifer will take a long time to get you cannot easily boost XP even on the last mission (which takes around an hour) it would still take playing that a good 20-30 times which would take well over a day solid so for those 2 alone I would give them 8/10 as the XP required to upgrade all squad members is huge! Most players will take around a week of solid day to day play to get these maybe slightly longer as the game becomes a grind after a while.........

Getting gold on all SP + Co-Op missions will take a while as well.

All other achvs are a 2/10 if that most are ridiculously easy you can get 650GS just by completing the game on your own once with no effort maybe 670GS if you get luckly on some rule #'s !!

More like 50-75 hours for all 1000GS as well IMO.

I'm glad someone has posted a more accurate time for this. A few friends said well over 50 and more like 65-75 hours to me so I was wondering why the guide said 10-20 hours. Don't get me wrong, this is a really good guide SirDracu. It just seems people always massively under estimate the completion times and this is an such important factor for lots of gamers especially on this website when deciding on a game.

Let me say again I am really not bitching as I know these guides take some serious effort and I for one really appreciate them but I think I do speak for others when I say we would like to see more accurate times.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

what are the 2 online cheeves?

Florence Nightingale Award 2.0 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

You healed a development team member or someone who already has this achievement

and

With A Little Help 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

You played Red River with three other friends

I also modified the amount of time needed for 1000 to a more realistic number, sorry for that. Like i edited in the 1st post, i got my offline achieves in under 25 hours (finished the campaign 3 times in about 19 hours, and 3-4 hours raised my last class to the max level in fte modes)

Edited by SirDracu

need to inform ppl that "get to the chopper" is worded incorrectly, it actually should read " survive wave 4 of round 4 and escape alive, ,

imagine how pissed i am wen got to round 4 ,4 and went yup im buggin out, after them damn helis apc heavy tanks and all . friggin bad wording!

so u actually have to make it to round 5 guys

Edited by nemec8

Looks promising :)

"Dont know if they are glitched; although they seem pretty easy to get, i've red "

Just fix that into Read :p Finally you cleared out the secret ones, i hate when they are obvious but you still dont get them. I burstfired for like 3 missions without it popping :)

I thought you had to kill 4 or 5 enemies with burst without reloading. It popped with me on the first sweep mission

Great guide, but any chance you could rearange the achievements in to group orders? e.g putting the Thunder Run and Protector achievements together and maybe the story mode achievements in the order you do them. Not trying to be picky it just saves going up and dow the list to match up things like FTE achievements. Thanks

I thought that too but SirDracu just kept the "original" order, he didn't put cheevos randomly :) .

I thought you had to kill 4 or 5 enemies with burst without reloading. It popped with me on the first sweep mission

Well i didnt before i saw this guide, he say "short controller burts" ive played trough the campaign 1 time as a sniper. So when i got to the next class i just burstfired and nothing popped.

Got all the secret ones out of the way now without much hassle

Mission 9 is a good source of XP! but only once you use the perk which gives you 20% XP bonus. Then I found I can get 55,000+ XP per game which take around 40 mins. This will reduce the time needed to get all 4 soldier classes to lvl 20 so now I guess it takes around 20-25 hours to boost all 4 to lvl20.

Mission 6 is another good source of XP which you earn very quickly at the start within 3-5 mins you have over 10K XP already!

Obviously you need to complete all mission & optional objectives as well but if you fail 1 or 2 carry on as the XP will still be quite large just don't get killed that will really ruin your score in a big way!!

Mission 9 is a good source of XP! but only once you use the perk which gives you 20% XP bonus. Then I found I can get 55,000+ XP per game which take around 40 mins. This will reduce the time needed to get all 4 soldier classes to lvl 20 so now I guess it takes around 20-25 hours to boost all 4 to lvl20.

Mission 6 is another good source of XP which you earn very quickly at the start within 3-5 mins you have over 10K XP already!

Obviously you need to complete all mission & optional objectives as well but if you fail 1 or 2 carry on as the XP will still be quite large just don't get killed that will really ruin your score in a big way!!

We already stated that the quickest way to gain exp is doing Clean Sweep FTE missions. <10 minutes for 30'000-35'000 exp. Here's the thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=307209

does anyone know if u can get ur useless a.i to lay ther claymores/mines?,

sure wld b handy, idiots got al this gear they dont even use

and do u only get the 1 air strike in last stand fte?

Edited by nemec8

does anyone know if u can get ur useless a.i to lay ther claymores/mines?,

sure wld b handy, idiots got al this gear they dont even use

and do u only get the 1 air strike in last stand fte?

As far as I know there's not an order you can give to you AI team to put mines. For hand grenades and 40mm grenades, if I'm not wrong, it's up to the AI when they want to throw grenades (in Dragon Rising they throw hand grenades sometimes, in Red River I saw once my grenadier throw a 40mm to an enemy vehicle). I agree with you, this would be really handy if you are not playing in coop with some friend, otherwise their equipment (or better their "role") is totally useless.

Air strike can be called in some campaign missions, you can't miss it because in some moments you must call it (it's a primary objective).

yea just tryin to do the last stand trophy, whoops achievment, its all i need, but cant co-op it as cant go online til our stoopid system gets ther crap together . . lol

givin away im with the opostion ther . . lol

As far as I know there's not an order you can give to you AI team to put mines. For hand grenades and 40mm grenades, if I'm not wrong, it's up to the AI when they want to throw grenades (in Dragon Rising they throw hand grenades sometimes, in Red River I saw once my grenadier throw a 40mm to an enemy vehicle). I agree with you, this would be really handy if you are not playing in coop with some friend, otherwise their equipment (or better their "role") is totally useless.

Air strike can be called in some campaign missions, you can't miss it because in some moments you must call it (it's a primary objective).

I haven't seen them lay mines or clasymores.. I wish they would:uzi:

AS mentioned, They do use 40mm very well sometimes and grenades I have yet to see them do anything worthwhile:drunk