Delisted?

JuCaMo

So I finally decide to pick this game up a few days ago and when I go to look for it in the marketplace, it's missing. Tried adding it to my download que from xbox.com, but no luck. I don't recall any news articles mentioning they were bringing it down so I'm hoping it's all a goof and they'll put it back up at some point. Afterall, it was on their arcade hits list and is considered by many to be a classic, so it makes no sense to delist it.

Is/was there any word out on this or is it simply gone for good?

I'm in the same boat as you- just finished Wolfenstein, was going to move on to Doom. As you say, there wasn't any announcement that it was going to be removed, so I think it might be a rights issue. Doom was published by Activision, but now ZeniMax/Bethesda have the rights to id's games. That said, Wolf 3D was also published by Activision and is still available- for now, anyway. I've tried e-mailing the companies involved, to no avail.

Seems weird that they'd remove it now, considering that Doom II's only been out a few months and probably helped to increase sales of the original- not to mention, the original was always in the list of top sellers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is lame, I bought a new console and did the license transfer, now I can't redownload it :(

it's in my download history but it just says "this title is no longer available"

hopefully it'll be back up soon!

Is it not possible to put DOOM on a memory card and transfer it to your new 360 that way? Or do you no longer have your old Xbox?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yea I just bought a new console today, noticed this as well..

On my old XBox, I have the DOOM and MK3:Ultimate...

Sucks I cannot get it...

Is their a way to get from my old XB, without buying the Transfer data stick thing?

You could use a USB drive if your old console has had recent firmware updates

Same here man, I went to go download it about a week back and it was gone. What's really bizarre is that Doom II is still there. Hopefully this won't turn into another Double Dragon incident :(.

anyone know about the 'double dragon' incident he/she is refering to? I was just talking about dd with a friend on live and was hoping to pick it up, its gonna suck if its gone :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
anyone know about the 'double dragon' incident he/she is refering to? I was just talking about dd with a friend on live and was hoping to pick it up, its gonna suck if its gone :(

http://www.oxm.co.uk/11690/news/double-dragon-and-speedball-2-removed-from-xbla/

Double Dragon, among other titles, were delisted back in 2009 when Empire Interactive was closed under administration. As far as I know, D.D. and the other Empire games haven't been relisted, so it's unlikely we'll see D.D. back on the Marketplace anytime soon.