Update?

Kracker254

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is Dead to me... Games like this demand dlc for any replay value. They missed the boat not to mention the dollars dlc would have got them. And yeah, the thing needed an update since day 1. It was cool while it lasted...

I have this game on steam and they have implemented so far a good bit of changes and tweaks to assets and such. They also added a new mission, which I know isn't much but you have to think, why would they want to push dlc out quickly without trying to fix the game? The patch is coming the team has addressed but they said when they know, we will know. I'm sure you know how much more difficult it is to publish a patch on console rather than pc and they are tweaking pc so much while they can before they put forward an update to be reviewed by microsoft.

To anyone that thinks the game is hard now just wait till the big patch does came, it's gonna be a game changer to put it lightly.

I mentioned this in another update thread here - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=532354

They did exactly the same thing with payday 1 on the ps3, pc got load of updates (masks etc) and the ps3 version got 2 updates. One for some masks and the other for the dlc. So don't get your hopes up as we will prob be waiting a very long time, they will keep fixing pc issues as they seem to be releasing updates alot but think about it this way are they really going to release a console update knowing that they will release a newer version on pc within a week? Its a pain but they need to take console games into consideration instead of giving excuses that they are working on it... But they prob arent, they are prob fixing pc stuff.

I personally think they have no excuse. Microsoft no longer charges for updates so there should've been a patch or two out already...

Thats for xbox live arcade games only, they still charge developers that are not microsoft associates for updates. Which is shit!

Edited by wild dog

Makes me really dissapointed, playing Payday 2 then finding out how much stuff was lacking on console.

Why not, ya know don't release another pc update in a week and update console? I don't think pc needs 13 updates(I think?) before consoles get any?

Fun game but feels incomplete and buggy, I don't see how it was even released as is.

I feel like they have forgotten the console versions of this. We have gotten no word from them in quite some time about anything.

This will be the place to see any news -

He even answers you if you ask a quest worth answering..

But yeah, I feel the same way. They just added patch 13.1 on Oct 8th, I feel we're being ignored too at this point.

Edited by Hyperion

They will prob release a massive update when the dlc comes out (whenever that is) just to avoid cost. But the annoying thing is the game is now becoming soooo boring, i love this game but playing the same missions over and over, and all you can do is go for masks when you have everythin else. I hope they announce dlc or something soon.

There was an update put out yesterday, but I have no clue what it actually updated.

@locust9

apparently there was a minor update for the 360 yesterday, but I can't figure out what it actually updated...

David Goldfarb doesn't know either. It was only 700-800mb so prolly nothing noticable. However there is this:

David Goldfarb@locust9

@kak2sjak we think we now have a solution and are implementing the first part. And then we need to run it through MS. And then.. fingers xed

Sorry for the dysfunctional text.

lets face it. they dont give a shit about the 360 version, and the chance are the updates will be half arsed attempts that don't really add much.

Thats for xbox live arcade games only, they still charge developers that are not microsoft associates for updates. Which is shit!

i was under the impression that it was across the board due to the uproar over 4J doing free updates; that, combined with the fact that when the One launches devs will be able to patch as much as they want without it costing a penny

Well Payday is celebrating it's 2 year birthday - http://overkillsoftware.com/birthday/

But anything game related is for PC only, of course.

I hate to bitch and complain, I've never done it for a game ever in my 31 years of gaming (Except the disaster that is Prototype 2) but this is really pissing me off and completely unfair. The whole no update situation.

Anyone notice the day 2 celebrations? Pc players will get a free bear mask if the join the steam group and play the game. I bet consoles never get it! and i can also guarantee that if pc gets a halloween update, we wont get that either. Its really sad to think about it. :(

If they ever release another game for the consoles, i hope it does horrible in sales. Hahah

Funny thing is Payday 1 was released on ps3 before pc and it still got harldy anything. They said before release that Payday 2 console and pc versions would be in sync with updates, looks like they have just said that to push sales.