Bitching Thread

Nevander

EDIT: Now that I have relaxed, I cleaned up the language. I just had to get it out but don't like to leave it here. At least I have a conscious.

EDIT 2: This is a follow up to let you all know, I finally managed to get the achievement. As soon as I tried landing on the little platform going backwards, I nailed it. Just lol...

---

Cannot believe this whole time no bitching thread was made. Well, the Riders of Doom DLC made me create it.

Not really here to bitch about the game itself, not even the tracks or something in the actual game. I'm here to bitch about the achievements and how they design them.

The golden wheel achievement. It's simple. Hit a bunch of ropes with a sparking wheel to light them, GOT IT. Go to try it, IT'S NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU THINK!

Where to begin.

The sparks are at least a foot or so wide, so why the hell can't the sparks reach the rope from a foot away? Why must the sparks be RIGHT above the ropes? Speaking particularly about the third rope where your back tire has to hit it.

Why the hell can't you light your front wheel as well? Would be much nicer to be able to hit that third one with the front wheel. Too easy you say? Who cares?

Now on to the last one. Why in hell does the last one have A HOLE THERE? Where even after hitting all of them, you can screw it all by crashing into a hole that they decided JUST HAD TO BE THERE!?! The hole isn't enough. They also put a board facing towards you there so if you hit the board below correctly, but bounce too high, you smack your face on it. That got me just now. Out of all the attempts, this NEVER happened until now. Are. You. Kidding. Me?

Now the way the checkpoints work. This 'do the thing without faulting' is dumb. Why must I not fault? To make it harder? Seems like the only reason. Since in the editor, you can set things to not reset in checkpoint restarts, which means the sparks on the wheel, the other ropes being ignited, and the fact that you crashed, can all be ignored by one simple setting in the track making process. Why do they not do that? Why do they make them reset? I dunno, to make it HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE MAYBE!?!?!?

Going out of my mind here trying to do this. Sick of the way the Trials achievements are, and I'm sick of RedLynx's designs.

Shove the platinums up your ass since those are completely out of my league.

This DLC has made me HATE this game. Before when I had the 500, I loved it. Now it can burn in hell. Trials HD too, with that stupid Marathon achievement. Somehow I did the Donkey Challenge. How can I do that but not light 6 stupid fuses on a medium track? Only RedLynx logic...

/end rant

Edited by Nevander

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL nice thread. To be honest the platinum one is gonna bug me, some of them are okay, but to do all of them is gonna take a lot of practice.

It is nice to see some tougher achievements as the original 400 were really simple, so anyone with the full 600 will have to have a lot of skill.

Also, to help with the red font in the OP, Fuck!

You're doing the last rope a harder way. That's why you're having trouble. Go to Maka's guide to see how I suggested you to do it and see it you have any better luck.

All of these achievements are obtainable if you play Trials often enough. One thing I don't get though is why they make it a point you don't need Plat. on and Extreme's but then add the achievement for NeverEnding Trials. Plat. is 12 rounds yet you have to go 15.

One thing I don't get though is why they make it a point you don't need Plat. on and Extreme's but then add the achievement for NeverEnding Trials. Plat. is 12 rounds yet you have to go 15.

That's what I'm talking about, messed up logic. They say to pass ONE extreme track, "you can do it!" And yet, you have to get platinum on ALL tracks except the extremes which is tons harder. Only RedLynx logic...

Edited by Nevander

I know one thing, this guarantees that I will get a lot more play out of Evolution. After I got the original 400 I barely touched it to be honest, after playing HD for over 300 days going for Marathon Man(according to 360voice). I reckon that will now be beaten by Evo with the Platinum achievement.

I love the game, but the achievements are the reason I didn't buy any of the dlc.

Are you serious? If you really "LOVE" the game, then go buy that DLC because it's a hell of a lot of fun. Fuck those achievements, man. Not playing a game because of it's achievements seems a bit dumb to me.

I can't even finish 1 extreme track, so dlc would be a waste

Each dlc has 3 - 4 extreme tracks, majority are easy to hard. From someone who struggles just to finish an extreme track both dlc's have given me hours of enjoyment. Quit making excuses.

I can't even finish 1 extreme track, so dlc would be a waste

Eh, I bought Origin of Pain DLC during a recent sale, even though I probably won't get many achievements from the list, the maps are kinda fun. I like the bike you get aswell.

Anyways, speaking of extremes, I hate that fucking second to last checkpoint on the wreck. 3 times I've gotten there and I still fail it. I can't even find a good guide for how to do it. All's I see is replay's of it done and expecting us to know how to do it from that..

Anyways, speaking of extremes, I hate that fucking second to last checkpoint on the wreck. 3 times I've gotten there and I still fail it. I can't even find a good guide for how to do it. All's I see is replay's of it done and expecting us to know how to do it from that..

You mean [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biVvkYlyT5Y]this one?[/ame]

Or [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq89Mubv2oE]that one?[/ame]

I agree with the original post. I like(d) the game but hate the dlc achievements with a passion - they are way too skewed towards the top few percent of players. Why couldn't the dlc achievement difficulty spread match that of the main game?

Sometimes achievements in games (dlc or otherwise) are so badly thought out that they just end up making me hate the game. They actually patched the difficulty of the Marathon achievement in Trials HD, though it was still pretty tough, but it made me think that they'd learnt something from it... I guess not. Think I'll pass on their next game.

Each dlc has 3 - 4 extreme tracks, majority are easy to hard. From someone who struggles just to finish an extreme track both dlc's have given me hours of enjoyment. Quit making excuses.

I'm not making excuses, since I can't even finish one extreme track, an I got bronze an silver on the hard tracks, there would be No point in me buying the dlc just to get frustrated with it.. pointless.. I'll just stick with the main game

Although after a few months of not playing I seem to have lost all skill and do agree that the achievements for the DLCs have been a bit rough I don't care that I haven't achieved them as the game is just so much fun. I think the 2nd DLC they really stepped up the difficulty but that's just my opinion.

Although after a few months of not playing I seem to have lost all skill and do agree that the achievements for the DLCs have been a bit rough I don't care that I haven't achieved them as the game is just so much fun. I think the 2nd DLC they really stepped up the difficulty but that's just my opinion.

That's why I didn't buy any of the dlc. I just now completed my first extreme track lol.. so the dlc would be a waste. I buy games to enjoy them, not get frustrated with them lol..

Personally, I'm glad that they made the achievements this hard... While trying to get to round 15 of Neverending trials I did some deep thinking, mostly asking myself, will the satisfaction of getting this achievement be worth all the frustration and learning required to get it? All that thinking made me realize I have a bad addiction to achievements in the first place, and this achievement didn't come out of nowhere, I had a really bad WoW addiction 4 years ago and all I really did to get out of that was to replace it with Xbox....

Now I have a Gaming PC and I'm effy about playing any of the games I bought of the steam sale because they have no achievements.. I'm realizing how stupid that is.. I should play a game for fun, not achievements. But this addiction won't simply go away, I have games on xbox that I bought but haven't played yet.. so my plan is to play the games I got and if I enjoy the game that much to the point where I want to get all the achievements then I should go for it, but if I see an achievement thats more trouble than its worth to skip it.

We should play games for fun, not achievements, yes some achievements are fun, but really, once you went down that road to play a game such as Hannah Montanna to get an easy 1000 you should feel ashamed of yourself. (I am guilty of 1000gs Avatar)

I remember when I was really young, I made my own achievements for games I truly loved. For example Zelda, I loved Ocarina of Time so not only have I completed it 6 times I got all the collectibles, (Heart Pieces, Items, etc.) Just having all of that done made me feel proud and accomplished of myself. I didn't need a score to tell me I was awesome.

Anyways, thanks to this DLCs achievements which led to my thinking I can proudly tell you that after I finish this batch of games I own I will be buying all my games on PC now. I have a GTX 670, I7-3770k rig, it would be a shame to pick xbox over it.

The only exception to this above rule is that I will still keep my xbox around for console exclusives or even maybe for some games like GTA 5 where it will come to consoles first :)

Edited by jdawg529

Took 4 hours to get this. When I started, I couldn't get the 2nd bunny hopping rope a single time even after watching a video. Then things suddenly clicked and was able to find a method that was 80% completion rate. My last jump I was only 20% success. So after that, it was just waiting for everything to align. Still frustrating as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

No offence to anyone intended here, but why is ittat people seem to want achievements handed to them, some people seem like they are entitled to them straight away...........

Trials is and has been about trial and error, repetitiveness and persistence just go with it you will get better if you learn from your mistakes trust me... I was rubbish when I first started Trials HD and now I've got times inside the 50... Practice, practice, practice

1.ACHIEVEMENT :

something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed.

It doesn't say ACHIEVEMENT :

Given to someone because they think they deserve it

And @kyboy if you enjoy the game so much don't let a handful of tracks put you off getting the dlc mate there are many awesome tracks (as well as user made tracks) that you are missing out on. If your having fun with the game get more of it, it's worth it!!!!

Edited by tugboatman