Diamond Pickaxe

Diamond Pickaxes indeed retain the same durablility we've all come to know and love... and if you enchant them with Efficiency V and, Unbreaking III, you not only have a far longer lasting Pickaxe, but one that rampages through blocks like a mo-fo.

I'm just sad they couldn't patch it forward for 1.8.2x Beta on the 360.

Diamond tools are still good as ever. I can't use Iron tools now as I rip threw them like a knife through warm butter. Terra, I agree, enchanted items would be beast. Just have to wait for the next update I guess.
I had the same experience... I used to rely on Iron tools almost exclusively... but found that I was having to carry around nine Shovels (for underwater harvesting), or five Pickaxes... now I only need two Diamond Shovels, and one Diamond Pickaxe for the same tasks.

And with how easy it is to find Diamonds, there's no reason to waste the Iron on tools... save it for other uses.

As for Enchanting... thankfully, while we wait for it to come to the 360, players have time to harvest tons of Sugar Cane, Leather, and Wood, to make all the Bookcases they'll need for a full-powered "Level 30" Enchanting Table. I wonder... will they give us the original "Level 50", or the current "Level 30"... hmmm.

As for Enchanting... thankfully, while we wait for it to come to the 360, players have time to harvest tons of Sugar Cane, Leather, and Wood, to make all the Bookcases they'll need for a full-powered "Level 30" Enchanting Table. I wonder... will they give us the original "Level 50", or the current "Level 30"... hmmm.

bookshelves were a lot cheaper in that version since the leather thing is new to go with us being able to write in the books onpc

I had the same experience... I used to rely on Iron tools almost exclusively... but found that I was having to carry around nine Shovels (for underwater harvesting), or five Pickaxes... now I only need two Diamond Shovels, and one Diamond Pickaxe for the same tasks.

And with how easy it is to find Diamonds , there's no reason to waste the Iron on tools... save it for other uses.

Reveal your secret! Now lol

bookshelves were a lot cheaper in that version since the leather thing is new to go with us being able to write in the books onpc
That's even better, then.

Reveal your secret! Now lol
My secret? I don't really have a secret... just "common knowledge" and patience. Since Diamonds are most commonly found at Layer 12, that's where I look.

I just dig "straight down" until I'm standing on "Layer 10" (the map will show Y: 12). I then dig a straight-forward tunnel going in any direction (it honestly doesn't matter which way you head), and just dig a two tall, by one wide tunnel, until I get lucky. If I find nothing, going in that direction, I'll head back to where I started off, and go the other way, doing the same thing. Eventually you'll hit caverns, and open caves... and Diamonds.

And with how easy it is to find Diamonds, there's no reason to waste the Iron on tools... save it for other uses.

My girlfriend takes 5 diamond pickaxes and 5 diamond shovels, and after she goes mining, comes out with 1 pickaxe. The most relentless miner ever. Always around 20 diamonds, and a shit ton of other ores. She can find diamonds on a new world in around 5 minutes.

I hope we get level 50 enchantments, it just sounds better than 30 haha.

Im pretty sure they made the diamond pickaxe weaker in one of the updates. Anyone agree?

Weaker as in durability or mining time? Because if you compare the PC to the xbox version then there's a difference because they changed the mining time on some blocks in an update.

And if it's durability... You sure you're not using it on the wrong blocks?

Either way I don't notice anything different.