The Gold Standard

L e d

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hella annoying.

I have gold in every single challenge, apart from the last two Hard Survivals (which I haven't attempted yet, should be easy enough), Normal Time Attack 14 and Normal Survival 19. I have silver in both of them, and I just simply can't get close to golding it. I'm sure i'll get it eventually, I just need a cheaper tactic than playing Ken and Ryu properly. Just the lack of specials is such a pain...

This is hella annoying.

I have gold in every single challenge, apart from the last two Hard Survivals (which I haven't attempted yet, should be easy enough), Normal Time Attack 14 and Normal Survival 19. I have silver in both of them, and I just simply can't get close to golding it. I'm sure i'll get it eventually, I just need a cheaper tactic than playing Ken and Ryu properly. Just the lack of specials is such a pain...

For Normal Survival 19 I threw like an SOB. If they tech blocked it, then I dodged/blocked and threw when the chance came.

Sup guys, im haing trouble with Time attack normal 11, i tried the zangief technique and the best i got was 148... still only got silver, the people that give me the most trouble are blanka and guile.

they both duck for every double lariat and destory me, it really sucks, done this like 9 times already, i have all gold except this one! :wtf

Please post below to make gold requirements more accurate.

Thanks Zuld, TJDoc85, Smailmeister, le b3nz0r, Jayjay McGraw, Ageha, jello, b mi1d, II TRUMP, cwilliams, iBEAST 83.

SURVIVAL HARD

1. Gold: 40
  2. Gold: 40
  3. Gold: 40
  4. Gold: 40
  5. Gold: 40

Um do you mean to say that I need to do 40 fights per hard trial??? 200 total??? if so that just sucks ass :ass

Yea, 200 minimum. Try not to fail in the 30s.

Try not to be too close to them and use the lariat a few feet away from them. Ideally, it will counter their focus attack over and over.

I'm starting to get really pissed. I had full health, they were dizzy, I do my ultra to finish them off when they are right in front of me and somehow it doesn't grab them.

Make sure that if you're jumping to buffer the 720 input for the Ultra that you don't land too early. If you land and execute the Ultra even a split second before they're all-the-way standing in the dizzy, you'll whiff.

A similar situation is blocking M. Bison's Ultra and trying to counter the blocked Psycho Crusher with an Ultra. Always whiffs -_-

I've got 3 gold medals with crappier times:

13-113

15-74

19-126

Can we get a sticky already?

My 2 cents for the 2 challenges without special moves: Pick Blanka and jump in with a heavy kick and combo with a crouched heavy kick. Back up a little, and do his crouch-forward slide heavy punch twice in a row. The slide punch works like Zangief's spinning lariat: the AI usually tries a focus attack and whiffs, then he/she takes the second hit and all the damage. Repeat.

Edited by BurningLipSore

Thanks - this information made slogging through these maybe not less painful, but at least more directed. I kept getting bored in the Survival Mode and exiting out before the 40 wins stage. Thanks to you, I finally just sucked it up and am done with it all. :)

Only two more Hard Survivals to go! (#2 and #3), I'm totally psyched that I'm finally close to getting this achievement :) I got #4 and 5 out of the way today, it really is amazing how easy it is once you know how to handle each character seperately with Gief.

Only two more Hard Survivals to go! (#2 and #3), I'm totally psyched that I'm finally close to getting this achievement :) I got #4 and 5 out of the way today, it really is amazing how easy it is once you know how to handle each character seperately with Gief.

DONE!

Wow, I got up pretty early today to make sure I could get this, and on my first run on Hard Survival 3 I got killed by Abel (round 36). I was swearing so hard, methinks I even made up a few words.

After that I did number 2 on my first try and then I did number 3. Wow, that took way too damn long, I'm so happy right now :)

Did about half of the Hard Trials now, so when I finish those up, the 1000 GS are in reach, captain ^^

I'll compare my times to the ones you guys found when I'm on later.

Edited by Dennoman