Whom should I add in my team ?

Who else do you know? I'm assuming right now you're playing vergil on point and saving Doom for level 3 X factor because he is absolutely ignorant to stop in third or even in general. Who else do you know? I generally suggest a character as an assist [ haggar lariat which is punishable more now] net's an easy 750k combo according to SRK/ Didi's research of Tim's team. Um Vergil could probably get a good bit of help from haggar. The trade off is that haggar is very awkward to use in match when he's on point.

Other than that I generally say use a character that you know how to break through with, since you have two fairly technical character's I would suggest something a bit easier in terms of the BnB. I use hulk as my point character because he has some extremly easy combo's off front of back throws, an easy 700k non x factor combo, and some various other simplicities that make him an easy way to start off the match. Then I switch in my wolvie [ or spencer] and I round out with Akuma [ lvl 3 akuma is still beast mode]

So as far as the whole us telling you it isnt a great idea because we dont know how you play. If you are more of a reaction player [ ala SF styled guys] pick a good covering assist [ like the haggar lariat] if you prefer using assists to extend combos [ though you dont need it at all because Doom is a one man show] either use wesker for an easy OTG or Ryu[akuma] Tatsu because they're 3/5 hits that cover front and back and don't affect scaling nearly as much as people think [ akuma's is better because it neutralizes projectiles as in it will go through and connect as long as his foot is glowing and forward moving.]

If you need another character that you can actually use to get damage pushed out find someone you're comfortable with, you have good in close and ranged capabilities with both vergil and doom so if you wanted to go for a pure rush down char that would mesh well; but truthfully it comes down to exactly what you want and how you feel about your character's and teams.

To me hulk is a throw away character, I'm only out to build meter and punish with him but the damage I'm not always worried about but I can generally build a solid 3-4 meters and the bulk of my damage will come from Wolvie BnB or Akuma rush BnB. So it will all depend on how you view the game and your team.

The only other question is what level are you trying to compete at? Local tournament level, online, higher end tournament's etc. Those will also affect because online it truthfully doesnt matter who you play as long as you know how to use them in some basic way.

Eh, fuck Haggar in this game- the assist isn't good enough anymore to use him purely for that in my opinion, he's more a point character that you have to build a team around.

Pick up Spencer and play with the order Spencer/Virgil/Doom, you'll be doing touch of death combos all day- I play a similar team of Doom/Spencer/Wesker (with Spencer being a secret point char, Doom's there for infuriation in chip) and get 900k+ for one bar of meter, 1.1mil for two. There's actually a combo vid of Spencer using Doom and Virgil doing essentially the same combos I use, you can view it here (

). All three characters are really strong as well, so that helps. Edited by Didi Mau

I'm assuming right now you're playing vergil on point and saving Doom for level 3 X factor

Yep, that's about right :woop:

what level are you trying to compete at

nothing too serious, online level I guess.

Who else do you know?

I've tried Strider, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Wesker, but no luck with them. =(

Thnx for the answers guys, I'll try Hulk and Spencer

Damn didi tell us how you really feel :D yea I never used the haggar assist but I have noticed he gets mangled a bit more but after watching that bid I want to learn Spencer and Vergil lol. And to OP keep us updated about you explorations of team building I personally enjoy finding new team ideas from these forums.

I haven't tried her OTG assists to see if I can still use the Spencer combos with her actually, I should try that out. I wasn't having fun with the Felicia/Frank/Iron Man or Felicia/Magneto/Frank teams so I went back to my Vanilla team that I loved playing, Doom and Spencer. They were dropped in Ultimate because Haggar was the third member and I can't stand the new version, so I just picked Wesker and said fuck it :p I was thinking of replacing him for C. Viper but she's not as good an anchor/as fun to play as Felicia in my opinion, so I'll check out how sand splash/cat spike flows into grapple (shouldn't be a problem to have it work to be honest, thanks for the motivation!).

Edit: Well, I can still do my standard touch of death with sand splash assist, but I lose the ability to do 1mil unblockables off c.L or on snapped in opponents- I can't find a way of landing the touch of death combos using her low hitting rolling buckler assist, so Wesker ends up being the best character out of the two for this team as I don't need to pick between the two high damage options.

Edited by Didi Mau

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...