Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got any playstyles yet but have gotten to rank 75 in amateur and the opponents are getting better - i can still win every game though.

I'm pretty sure you can get the statistic achievements using a second controller as i got the under arm serve with it, just win a game using groundstrokes and see your stats in my VT.

This game is awesome , but indeed it's a virtua tennis 3 clone.

Well i'm now a pro and i have lost all my friends , i won the tournament when i was number 6 or so.

Well got an invite and now im pro.

Well .. wtf i won the tournament and got the 4th place on amateur , so when i went to pro i realize that i cant go back anymore , and with this the achievment of go number 1 on amateur is lost forever .. well only if i create a new and play with him all over again !! ( nahhh ).

Lost 30g i'm already at 500 GS but because of this i will not get a 1000 retail on this one.

So pay attention everyone ;) before u accept to go pro , reach amateur number 1 !

you have to stay pretty close to the sidelines of the court and a successful cross is pretty much sideline to sideline.

I found that it was easiest to do one of these shots from a serve. Stand to the far side of where you will recieve the serve i.e the edge of the court; then return across as far as you can. If you don't get it, don't return the next ball, so that there is another service.

I've gotten to world amateur #1 and played one tournament since then and the only tournament left to play this year is the 8-1 in Paris which i think i'll turn pro when i win, but i haven't had the amateur number 1 achievement yet. Could this be because i have not played a singles tournament since becoming #1.

I had to turn autosave off and go into next year without turning pro, waiting till i had been moved back to #2 then win the next tournament and finally achievement unlocked.

Edited by CLB Left 4 Dead

This may be a silly question but I'm wondering if different colours of the same item (in Tennis shop on World Tour) count as different items or the same? This is for the 100 items achievement.

It's not a silly question at all.

I wondered the exact same, but thought that i should buy them all just incase. And it turned out that they do count as different items, in the process of getting thw 100 items. So just find the cheapest things, buy all the colours, and the achievement should be yours in no time.

yes u can just buy for example the right wristband but all colours and each one counts as a single item, so if theres 12 colours then that's 12 items.

my question - i only need 1 gold medal on the academy training, i have to do 2 dropshots in a row, i keep doing dropshots but it doesn't seem to be working even after doing about 4-5 in a row, is there something im doing wrong?

my question - i only need 1 gold medal on the academy training, i have to do 2 dropshots in a row, i keep doing dropshots but it doesn't seem to be working even after doing about 4-5 in a row, is there something im doing wrong?

This can be annoying as the computer does'nt always produce drop shots if you press the buttons too late, to do the drop shots as soon as the ball flies off the opponents racket hold pull the analog down & hold x till contact with the ball which should produce a drop shot, also this might help try using down on the directional pad if you have trouble keeping the analog down. Hope this helps.

This can be annoying as the computer does'nt always produce drop shots if you press the buttons too late, to do the drop shots as soon as the ball flies off the opponents racket hold pull the analog down & hold x till contact with the ball which should produce a drop shot, also this might help try using down on the directional pad if you have trouble keeping the analog down. Hope this helps.

worked a treat, cheers.

has anyone got the basic playstyles acheivement? how many do u have to unlock? i just seem to get the bars constantly past the top on each of the 3 areas, do u just keep going? is there other things u have to complete as well as the academy missions, i have done all those on gold now plus played about 15 players on practice matches, im not sure what i need to do to unlock the achievement.

worked a treat, cheers.

has anyone got the basic playstyles acheivement? how many do u have to unlock? i just seem to get the bars constantly past the top on each of the 3 areas, do u just keep going? is there other things u have to complete as well as the academy missions, i have done all those on gold now plus played about 15 players on practice matches, im not sure what i need to do to unlock the achievement.

Yeah i've got that chievo, to see how far along you are go to the academy & into playstyles & in their should 3 catergories, you should see at the bottom the allround playstyle that is the only playstyle that is not related to any catergorie but is needed for the chievo. To get that availble you have to unlock each playstyle then fill the 3 bars up once more (i think its just once) & you should unlock allround playstyle & the chievo.

Yeah i've got that chievo, to see how far along you are go to the academy & into playstyles & in their should 3 catergories, you should see at the bottom the allround playstyle that is the only playstyle that is not related to any catergorie but is needed for the chievo. To get that availble you have to unlock each playstyle then fill the 3 bars up once more (i think its just once) & you should unlock allround playstyle & the chievo.

lol, cheers, i never realised u could select below training, i also didn't know u could change your style, i have been playing pro still on rookie.

have u got all the gold medals yet, not the academy ones, the ones u can check on where it says 'my medals'

i looked on the other thread but i don't think they have clarified what is a gold medal or not.

lol, cheers, i never realised u could select below training, i also didn't know u could change your style, i have been playing pro still on rookie.

have u got all the gold medals yet, not the academy ones, the ones u can check on where it says 'my medals'

i looked on the other thread but i don't think they have clarified what is a gold medal or not.

No & i don't think i'll bother either with that chievo because of the win 75 tournaments medal, i mean i don't play online that much as it is so am not going to waste half my life for this one chievo.

im the same, can't be bothered with that either.

do u know how the mini-games unlock in world tour, i only have about 4 games i can play.

Even though i have them all unlocked i can't be certain but i think once you pass a mini game at either level 6 or 8 then another of the same type becomes availble, say for instance block buster is a serve & volley mini game type once that you've passed level 6-8 ( once again can't remember) another serve & volley mini game becomes availbe.

When I was Rank 8/100 Amateur I accepted the offer to go pro, then afterwards realized there was an achievement for being number 1 amateur...

Am i stuffed now? Or is there a way to go back?