Halo 4 Daily/Weekly/Monthly Challenges Thread

Ensign Hugh Man

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that's a good call. If he did this on the Reach forums for a yhear I wonder how many of his 1000+ posts are double posts.

Who gives a shit? He was one of the only people actually posting anything useful on that forum. I doubt anyone else would have done the thankless job of updating that thread with useful info for each challenge almost every day like he did.

Figured since we do have challenges in this game thought it would be best to start this up again. Hope I can bring a little bit of help to everyone and make this useful for those that want to know what they are and some good ways that the community take care of them.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

I really can't believe you guys can't get over the way he decided to make this thread. What about we discuss about those challenges. Btw you gotta be a real idiot to think he's doing this for the amount of posts, though I'm not really surprised the Halo community always had many children.

I believe he himself in his very first post asked for suggestions, thus I gave mine.

By the way no one is crying them selves to sleep over his post count a simple observation of it is pretty much double posting and is a huge post which keeps interrupting the conversation people are having about the challenges. It would be easy to have it all in the first post and keep the rest of it for people wanting to talk about them.

And calling people children and idiots is a very childish thing to do.

I believe he himself in his very first post asked for suggestions, thus I gave mine.

By the way no one is crying them selves to sleep over his post count a simple observation of it is pretty much double posting and is a huge post which keeps interrupting the conversation people are having about the challenges. It would be easy to have it all in the first post and keep the rest of it for people wanting to talk about them.

And calling people children and idiots is a very childish thing to do.

Sorry I didn't mean to say it was out of topic to suggest to update the op, however I think he got the point now and we can just get back on the reason this post exists : the challenges. I said something about the daily and montly challenges but it got smothered just to read someone saying ''he's doing this to get more posts''...that's childish to me, thinking people really give importance to the amount of post.

Regicide is bad enough for replacing vanilla FFA Slayer, but the fact that these challenges essentially reward mediocrity along with how a less talented player can win just because they lucked out and killed the king a few times make it a pretty bad gametype. I'm not going for 10 regicides in one match, let alone 18; I'm not bad enough at the game for that to be even remotely viable.

The Deposed! challenge for the weekly one involving 18 Regicides in a single match seems to have... Completed itself for me... I never even got 18 in a single match and I have it done, never even noticed until recently.

While I'm relieved that challenge is done I'm just a little curious... Maybe 343 realized it was a bs challenge and are now giving to people who are just playing that gametype? Beats me... Thank god I don't have to do it xD The other challenges are pretty easy though, I'm only missing Kingslayer, need to kill 28 more kings, and Harvesting Hunters, need to kill 4 more hunters...

Is the challenge achievement glitched? I have 26 challenges complete and no achievement :\

Same thing for me. Read that some people had to earn 27 to get it :/ Also some people, me included, didn't get it when finished with a spartan ops challenges. So I'm going to try a campaign challenges and see if that works.

Since the daily challenges haven't been posted yet, I figured I would help out and post them.

Daily Challenges 11/17/2012 - Total 3750XP

I Predict A Riot- 2400XP

Earn 4 killing spree medals in a single match.

Your Majesty - 1350XP

Win 3 Matchmaking Regicide matches.

Since the daily challenges haven't been posted yet, I figured I would help out and post them.

Daily Challenges 11/17/2012 - Total 3750XP

I Predict A Riot- 2400XP

Earn 4 killing spree medals in a single match.

Your Majesty - 1350XP

Win 3 Matchmaking Regicide matches.

Yeah, I thought the reason for the last page was to keep the discussion of he challenges, new the descriptions. Better timeline.

I can see both views. And today I could find it on the last page. But it is almost always there. So I don't really mind either way OP.

I'm going to ask this here since I hate creating new threads for small topics and this does have to do with the challenges in a way......

I went 25-0 earlier today on Ragnarok and the highest medal I got was a running riot (also giving me only 3 total medals towards the challenge). Does anyone know why that is? I should have at least got a rampage and whatever other medal you get for 25, right? Also, shouldn't I have received a perfection? Not to mention that with those additional 2 medals, I would have cleared the challenge. And yes, this was a legit match.....I never boost.

This is a link to my service record:

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/#Halo4/ColdSpider72/wargames

Edited by ColdSpider72

I'm going to ask this here since I hate creating new threads for small topics and this does have to do with the challenges in a way......

I went 25-0 earlier today on Ragnarok and the highest medal I got was a running riot (also giving me only 3 total medals towards the challenge). Does anyone know why that is? I should have at least got a rampage and whatever other medal you get for 25, right? Also, shouldn't I have received a perfection? Not to mention that with those additional 2 medals, I would have cleared the challenge. And yes, this was a legit match.....I never boost.

This is a link to my service record:

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/#Halo4/ColdSpider72/wargames

First of all, congrats on the amazing game! Second, you are absolutely right. You should have gotten the commendation completed and receive the other two killing spree medals for the challenge. Was there any kind of lag at all during the latter part of the match? The only thing I'm thinking of is a server error due to lag. If that is not it, I have no clue.

Edited by Fechdog

First of all, congrats on the amazing game! Second, you are absolutely right. You should have gotten the commendation completed and receive the other two killing spree medals for the challenge. Was there any kind of lag at all during the latter part of the match? The only thing I'm thinking of is a server error due to lag. If that is not it, I have no clue.

At the very beginning of the match, a few people that were apparently split screened dropped out....but that was the only thing I saw happen. No lag, no host swapping.....I did notice that my medal count seemed to start late....for instance, I got a running riot when I was probably closer to 20 kills at that time. Someone told me on the waypoint forums about the perfection medal being gone, so that clears that up, however, still don't have a clue as to why I didn't get a rampage on top of whatever medal you get for 25.

Someone told me on the waypoint forums about the perfection medal being gone...

The medal may be gone, but it still should've kept track in the Perfectionist commendation. Maybe the people quitting had an effect on your medal count and screwing up medals received. What I'm thinking of is the challenges are being tracked by certain variables, like medals, so maybe that's why you didn't get the challenge completed.

And my first actual gripe with this game. I completed the monthly challenge, got the XP from it at the end of the winning game, then stopped playing. When I turn the game back on a few hours later, the XP is gone and I'm back where I was before it applied. But the challenge is still complete so I can't do it again.

And my first actual gripe with this game. I completed the monthly challenge, got the XP from it at the end of the winning game, then stopped playing. When I turn the game back on a few hours later, the XP is gone and I'm back where I was before it applied. But the challenge is still complete so I can't do it again.

That sucks. I just saw that it happened to another gamer, that one hell of a challenge to have glitch :mad: