Simulator discs guide

I've been thinking of getting one together since there isn't a sticky 4 1 yet.

I have not finished doing all of them yet, but I'd be happy 2 post my methods of obtaining gold as and when I do them, and if any1 has any of their own methods for the various missions feel free to add them.

Maybe once we get a decent method for each and every one of the missions posted, we can get it organised and made into a sticky?

I'll start:

Thing: I maxed out Uppercut, and when I got to the unlimited spawn of AIM troopers, I destroyed 3 of the six consoles and farmed the spawns until 10minutes remained. Then during the fight with Rhino (he has an annoying uppercut juggling ability) I would block his two successive uppercuts (these can be spotted when he lowers his head and thrusts it upwards). Straight after the second uppercut I fully charged my uppercut and released. Block the two uppercuts and then uppercut yourself, rinse and repeat and he should go down in no-time.

With gear and outfit, I used thing's gauntlets and didn't upgrade any of his outfits and still managed to obtain gold easily.

Credit goes to KarmaDog214 for this one:

Spider Man:

Spidey Sense--Have 1 skill point for Spidey Sense (this will save energy and more skill points)

Web Warrior--You want to max this out as much as possible for effective damage against Scorpion.

When the fight begins, make sure that you first use Spidey Sense and have enough energy for every time you need to use this (as in right after its effects wear off). Then, start spamming Scorpion with Web Warrior. If you run low on energy, quickly start using melee attacks. For every time he loses 1/5 (or 1/4...Don't remember) of health, a scene will trigger and two buttons will show up on the screen. Make sure you press the two buttons to save Dugan from being crushed. And right after the scene, make sure you activate Spidey Sense, use Web Warrior and repeat, otherwise Dugan is screwed.

Just did Captain America and Wolverine.

Captain America:

Kill everyone you can find, and make sure you disarm all of the bombs as they give u a nice sum of bonus points. When fighting winter soldier, I had shield bash maxed out and just repeatedly spammed that move charged up on him. Once the clock hits 30 seconds, run round to all the consoles and keep hitting them until you have another minute on the clock, and return to killing winter soldier. Rinse and repeat and you should beat this with a gold easily.

Wolverine:

I maxed out Claw slash because when wolverine is enraged (this is like momentum it's the staggered bar within the circle next to wolverine's health. He is enraged when this is flashing), claw slash is deadly to the boss if you can trap him in a corner. Farm the unlimited spawn chamber (taking out as many consoles as you like to make the crowd manageable) until there is around 10minutes left on the clock.

NB!!! Watch out when using Wolverine's extreme attack in the unlimited spawn chamber as you may accidentally destroy all the consoles which would stop the spawning.

For the boss, if you hear a clinking noise when you aren't attacking him, there are AIM troopers attacking the things you're supposed to be defending. Wipe out all of them before continuing to attack the boss as if you lose all 8 of the things (sorry can't remember what they are called), you fail the mission. Once there are no Aim troopers spam the boss with the stun combo and the occasional claw slash, (don't overuse claw slash as it is in your best interest to conserve your energy). One you become enraged, try and get the boss near a wall or corner and spam that claw slash as this does huge amounts of damage. It's hard to control the attack, so that's why it's best to do it up against a corner.

You will inevitably lose a couple those "things" (I lost 6!) but it shouldn't jeapordise your gold as long as you get enough kills in the unlimited spawn area.

• 4 weeks later...

what About storm? the thing i cant beat is the boss..

heres a guide to go through the reg guys and rack up points..go through it and stop at the room with bumper cars and stay in the area right before you enter it and they never stop coming.

the thing i cant beat is the boss pls help. none of powers help to my knowledge..

here i will give another guide. Any character that has murderworld use method mention above. Any Character that has captain America map go to the three rooms then also kill all the guys in the room with the 2nd bomb then go back to the third room and new people will show up kill them then repeat till you get the necessary points. I have not figure out the area for characters the have the Skrull map. Hoping you guys can help here too.

For Storm, in order to get gold, you farm your points in the room with the bumper car (as with any character for Murderworld), which is the room before the boss fight. Get on the bumper car by pressing x and hit the clowns by using your left joystick to bump into them so that they take damage. In order to make your way to this room without taking too much damage, upgrade your Whirlwind by 1 point and keep the baddies raised in mid-air. Now to beat the boss, max your Lightning Bolt as much as possible (Optional: equip Asgard Armor/Thor's Hammer on Storm), stand right in the corner next to Wolverine's tank behind the little birdie thing (You can also do this next to Iceman's tank), and spam Huassar with Lightning Bolt from this corner. This is an exploit where Huassar can't touch you with her whip or any physical attacks. As for the moment where you have to save both Wolverine and Iceman, just hit the two buttons shown on the screen and head back to the corner. Keep doing this until Huassar is KO'd. Hope this helps and good luck.

Edited by KarmaDog214

Ok, one from me for all the help I got here: ICEMAN

This was one of the hardest for me:

Get Polar Explosion + frigid aura for him. Frigid aura makes Iceman immune to the jump of the little creatures. Just head for Mephisto's pets and let others do suicide on frigid aura.

If you see the zombie type enemy, just throw them from a ledge, they take too much time to kill.

When you see the first fire giant, hit "x" and do the quicktime event to get his sword. Kill some enemies.

Ok, now the important part: When you come to the area of the 2nd giant, just take your time to kill the enemies from afar, don't aggro the giant. When they are killed, get the sword, kill the giant and get in. Now you have a sword that is still good to kill 25% of the hp of the enemy.

Tactics on boss:

The boss can really only do some dmg with melee, his casting abilities are weak. So run around and when you are far away from him (his teleport thingy is a good time to get some space between you and him), start casting. Now wait till he is very close and shoot him with a fully charged polar explosion. You have to wait or you are going to miss him. When he stops to cast, try to get a shot in. But always use fully charged PE's or you run low on energy and you don't want to melee him.

If you have still questions, feel free to ask.

I have done gold on all missions on normal and between levels 35 and 45 btw.

Ok, one from me for all the help I got here: ICEMAN

This was one of the hardest for me:

Get Polar Explosion + frigid aura for him. Frigid aura makes Iceman immune to the jump of the little creatures. Just head for Mephisto's pets and let others do suicide on frigid aura.

If you see the zombie type enemy, just throw them from a ledge, they take too much time to kill.

When you see the first fire giant, hit "x" and do the quicktime event to get his sword. Kill some enemies.

Ok, now the important part: When you come to the area of the 2nd giant, just take your time to kill the enemies from afar, don't aggro the giant. When they are killed, get the sword, kill the giant and get in. Now you have a sword that is still good to kill 25% of the hp of the enemy.

Tactics on boss:

The boss can really only do some dmg with melee, his casting abilities are weak. So run around and when you are far away from him (his teleport thingy is a good time to get some space between you and him), start casting. Now wait till he is very close and shoot him with a fully charged polar explosion. You have to wait or you are going to miss him. When he stops to cast, try to get a shot in. But always use fully charged PE's or you run low on energy and you don't want to melee him.

If you have still questions, feel free to ask.

I have done gold on all missions on normal and between levels 35 and 45 btw.

i do not think levels matter because the enemies get stronger when you do. What about the bird things i have a hard time killing them quick the two other things i usually throw them off the edge sept for the ones first in the level which are also take time to do. Is there any areas like captain America level you can go back to the previous room then enter back to the room and more characters show up?

Also another hint for storm I find it quicker but more dangerous to stand right next to the stairs and wait for enemies and use whirled wind bumper car thing kill them in three shot but you usually have to run away a lot to avoid being kill where waiting right to the stairs you can kill all three at once.

For Skrull Planet, the key is to throw unarmed enemies off the ledge, grab the axes off the big guys to take them out fast, and to take out as many enemies as there are on the map. Note that enemy spawns are fixed and that there are areas where enemies spawn more than once, so make sure you do not miss any. Time and Enemy Kills are are essential in obtaining gold on Skrull Planet. Defeating bosses vary depending on the character you are using:

During the boss fight for the Human Torch, I just kept my distance, maxed out Inferno as much as possible, and spammed Paibok with max charged Inferno. The attack is 100% accurate and may cause burn damage over periods of time. You'll take him out in a matter of seconds. Optional: Have Starbolt's Flame equipped.

For Ms. Marvel, I simply used Cosmic Awareness (had 1 point for this skill) to slow down time throughout her whole sim disc. Every time its effect wore off, I simply used Cosmic Awareness again. This saves a lot of time and hopefully your fallen foes drop blue orbs more often. To take care of Super Skrull, just use Cosmic Awareness over and over, and melee the SOB till he drops dead. Assuming you didn't miss an enemy, you'll have enough time left over to get gold on this sim disc.

Now here's something from one of my previous posts on this forum:

For Dr. Strange use:

- Black Magic (most powerful attack, transforms enemies into boxes)--max out as much as possible.

- Levitation (to toss enemies off ledges)--have one skill for this.

Until you reach the bridge, just keep using Black Magic on all enemies. During and after the bridge, use Levitation on Leapers and Zombies to throw them off ledges. Kill off Mephisto's Pets with Black Magic. When you reach Baron Mordo, just spam him with Black Magic (make sure you time each use appropriately) and avoid him freezing you. EDIT: Fly around to avoid his freeze attacks. When you find the chance, preferably after parrying his attacks, use Black Magic to damage him.

For Blade (max both out as much as possible):

- Warriors Blood (Good against enemies/boss)

- Spike of Destruction(Good against any enemy)

First off use Warrior's Blood to boost your strength and use Spike of Destruction on whatever you fight. Use a combination of Spike of Destruction and melee combos to finish everything off except the Fire Giants. Make sure you grab the giant sword off them and use it to wipe out as many as you can. When you reach Dark Spiderman, just use Warrior's Blood and use the melee combo to finish him off (you may have to break open pots in order to recover yourself).

Unbrokensoul, to answer your question, Fire Giants spawn every 1 minute (as in 60 seconds), but from time loss you'll be losing more points than making points. So, I suggest you try to finish the level killing as much as you can within a shortest time possible. Like Skrull Planet, Time and Enemy Kills is essential for obtaining gold.

Also, for Iceman, I'd recommend using Ice Slide (or y and hold y) to reduce the amount of time being taken away from travel.

Edited by KarmaDog214

For Daredevil, I used Hypersense (put one skill point into this). This slows down time and makes it easier to see in the dark. Throughout his whole sim disc, I recommend that you keep using Hypersense after its effect wears off. Using Daredevil is just like using Spiderman and Ms. Marvel. Just keep using Hypersense to slow down time and melee all your enemies to death. I suggest that you farm your points in the room where Captain America disarms the second bomb, though I don't think you need me to tell you that.

Out of curiousity, what do you mean by save game difficulty? I was trying to answer that one earlier, but wasn't sure what you exactly meant by it.

Edited by KarmaDog214

Out of curiousity, what do you mean by save game difficulty? I was trying to answer that one earlier, but wasn't sure what you exactly meant by it.

Sorry, I put it in again thinking you'd missed the question. What I mean is, I have completed the game both on normal and hard, and have a save for both. Will the difficulty of the comic missions be easier on the one I finished on normal?

Sorry, I put it in again thinking you'd missed the question. What I mean is, I have completed the game both on normal and hard, and have a save for both. Will the difficulty of the comic missions be easier on the one I finished on normal?

Im not completely sure if it is easier on normal or hard the general idea would be that it is, but i have played hard too and I really can not tell the difference. Although I realize once I got done with all act one including the comics. the comics I had on normal was not on hard. So i deleted my hard and now i stay on my normal once i beat all the comics.

My biggest problem is storm and i am right now going to try hiding behind the cage and see if that works thank you guys.

If I remember correctly, normal difficulty should be slightly easier, though I'm not too sure about this. I think the idea is that the harder the difficulty the more levels are required to boost your stats and skills. I think if you understand how to beat the sim disc and can identify which skills are more important in a mission, difficulty shouldn't matter as much as your technique. The only reason why harder difficulty may prove to be quite challenging is because enemies have more health and can deal more damage. And so, in order to effectively get gold on the sim discs, you need to be at a higher level in order to deal and endure more damage.

Edited by KarmaDog214

Iceman: Heres what I recommend using to beat it on gold.

Powers: Polar explosion, Freeze beam and Frigid Aura all max out.

Outfit: 3rd costum - Bobby Drake. Max Energy, Cold Mastery and Defense all max out.

Gear: I used the one called "spider's Bite" which gives a +20% movement and attack speed. Its all about time in this mission so this helps you move a little faster.

First of all keep your Frigid Aura active at all times, this will help keep the creatures from climbing on your back, it automatically kills them when they do. For the birds stand close to them and freeze them then use your polar explosion on them. Let your PE charge up first though, notice how it will also attack anyone close to the birds aswell. If any creatures are close them you can take them all down at onces. When you get to the first giant use his sword to kill him and any birds nearby. Ignore the remaining creatures just let them follow you to the bridge. Onces all birds are gone throw the creatures off the bridge to kill them faster. While killing the creatures go back to where the first giant appear and kill him again. Go back and kill more creatures. Onces there all dead go back one more time to kill another giant. (use your ice slide y and hold y to move around faster) Now go and kill the remaining creatures using the same tactics. Onces there all dead there should be one last giant, bring him down to about 10% health then take his sword but do not use the sword throw it on the ground and finish killing the giant. Now pick up the sword and head for the boss. When the fights starts use the sword on him to bring him down to almost half his health. (NOTE: do not attack him when his about to teleport because his invinsible for a second when he does that and it will be a waste of the sword) Onces the sword wears out switch from Frigid Aura to Frost Bite. Your not gonna use your frost bite but your polar explosion, stand close to him and just unleashed one PE after another, do not charge them up it takes to much time. You can actually throw two PE faster than it would take to charge one all the way up. Onces your all out of energy then you can use your frost bite while your energy recharges. Try to dodge his attacks and get behind him when his about to use his freeze or poison. Do this fast enough in under 8 or 8 and half minutes and you should beat it for the gold.

Edited by ItachiUchiha

As I've mentioned before, use Ice Slide (or y and hold y) to reduce the amount of time when travelling. NOTE: This uses energy so don't use this for an over-extended period of time.

For the boss, I'd recommend using Frost Bite. You'll do slightly more damage with the sword and melee attacks. Circle around behind him and melee him after his attacks when fighting him. Hopefully you'll finish this sim disc in under 7 minutes.

Edited by KarmaDog214

I've been reading these and they've all been helpful. So I'll add DEADPOOL, since he's my favorite character.

I bought Cyclone power, maxed it, thats all i needed. against dark spidey just use power circling around him when you run out melee a few times to get energy and then repeat. Got gold on first try.

LOL. Yeah, it's practically the same with the Black Panther. I used Stealth and killed enemies as I made my to the bumper car. Then I farmed points with the bumper car. For the boss, I simply used Razor Cyclone to finish him off.

EDIT:

If anyone's having problems with Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman, do the following:

Mr. Fantastic:

Pinball all the way, which also means kill enemies along the way by bumping into them. Press X if you want to exit Pinball mode and save energy. You can also jump in Pinball mode by tapping the Y button. You can also dash with Pinball if you hit the Right Trigger and whatever button you assigned Pinball to. Have one skill point for Pinball. Pinball gives you evasion, speed, and low damage output. Despite the fact that Pinball has low damage output, you can still attack enemies using Pinball even when their downed. When you get to the bumper car, farm. Boss is relatively easy to beat. Pinball him to death and avoid being being grabbed by him.

Invisible Woman:

Use Invisibility, farm your points in the room where Captain America disarms the second bomb (enter, exit the way you came from, and repeat), and defeat Rhino (use Invisibility of course). You can also use Fantastic Shield and Kinetic Snare. Fantastic Shield makes her nearly invulnerable to any incoming projectile outside the bubble. Kinetic Snare is a way to prevent enemies nearby from attacking you at close range. Combine Kinetic Snare with melee attacks and you'll do some serious damage to enemies with Invisible Woman. I actually preferred using Fantastic Shield and Kinetic Snare over Invisibility when farming for points. There's also no wrong if you go for using Invisibility and Kinetic Snare. Had one skill point for Kinetic Snare; though, this doesn't necessarily mean you can't add more skill points to Kinetic Snare.

Here's more:

Luke Cage:

Got one word...Well, two...Two words for you: Street Smarts. Farm your points in the room where 6 AIM troopers spawn (have four or five spawns destroyed) and use Street Smarts to melee the crap out of the boss. This'll add Strike and Health to Luke, which means more punching and less worrying about dying too quick.

Elektra:

Farm points in the room with 6 AIM trooper spawns. Use Inner Calm and melee the crap out of Bullseye.

Ghost Rider:

-Damnation--The idea behind using this is that when you burn leapers using this and they grab you, they instantly die, which will allow you to focus your efforts in killing Mephisto's Pets and throwing enemies off ledge.

-Ravaging Flames--Upgrade this skill as much as you can. Here's an eploit: When you're fightning the boss, go inside a circle of fire (Ghost Rider is 100% immune to environmental fire) and spam him with max-charged Ravaging Flames. Like the Human Torch's Inferno, this baby is 100% accurate and can cause burn damage. Though, you have to make sure he's well within range when using Ravaging Flames. He has the tendency to go out of range and remain stationary someplace safe when you're at the center of the flame circle. As long as you're within the circle and he's close to you, he has the tendency to use his radial freeze attack. You have nothing to fear when you're within the flame circle because the ice will melt off and you can carry on with your attack.

As for getting through the level, you know the drill.

Iron Man:

Farm in the room where Captain America disarms the second bomb. As you're making your way to the boss fight, a way for you to beat enemies easily might be to use AAB melee combo, Rocket Uppercut, and Nano Assault. As for beating the boss, simply get close to him, which will force him to stomp on you. Get around behind the boss by running underneath the leg he's about to stomp with and for every time you dodge his stomp attack, either melee him or use max charged Rocket Uppercut (up to 2 times) and repeat. The more you practice, the more you should be able to feel for the rythm of his attack.

Spider Woman:

Farm in the room where Captain America disarms the second bomb. For the boss fight, simply fly (he can't touch you) and use max charged Venom Blast. If you ever run out of energy, get to a safe distance and land to refill your energy. Once you have enough energy get back in the air and keep blasting him.

Thor:

-Hammer Toss (put skill points into this)--Hammer Toss has the ability to stun minor enemies who're hit by the hammer. Use it to stun and melee enemies.

-Thor's Rage--When you're fightning the boss, hit him with the hammer (I'm not talking Thor's hammer), fly (he won't be able to touch you), and use Thor's Rage. Rinse and repeat.

I believe that's just about covered everything.

Edited by KarmaDog214

LOL. Yeah, I know the bumper car method takes too long, but I find it the safest way to farm. This requires a lot patience as you have to cycle around and smash them once every 2-3 seconds. In the end, using the bumper car method is very worthwhile and rewarding. :)

How about moving all the tips for each character into the first post, or make a new thread with them all in it because scrolling through here is a bit confusing. It would just be more efficient and logical to have them all in the first post/posts rather than spread out and mixed with all the posts saying "How do I do this? I'm stuck" etc.

Would have more chance of being stickied as well this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone who posted here, those are some fantastic ideas, and I can proudly say I just unlocked both the Silver Surfer and the Golden Age of Comics. Thanks!

I also have a few tips for anyone who might be struggling to go quickly enough on Murderworld:

Mr Fantastic: He is the easiest character on this stage. His boost, Fantastic Fists, is one of the best in the game. Max it out if possible, then pair it with Rubberband Recoil. This charge attack will kill in one hit if executed properly, allowing you to get to the bumper cars with around 9000 points, in just a few minutes. Farm for a little but. For the boss, use the boost with a move called Elastic Crush (again, maxed if possible). I took him out in about a minute.

Black Panther: The tips here will get you through, I personally just melee'd the boss. I also recommend killing everything in your path before the re-spawn point.

Storm: Seems like she would be the hardest, but really you need Lightning Strike and to keep your distance. She is devastating when paired with the Asgard Armor. And here was an interesting tip I discovered, instead of getting on the bumper cars, hang out just to the side of the entrance. There is a corner there, and the two enemies will simply run at you and you can hit them both with the Lightning Strike. Killing them both this way is far faster than the bumper cars.

Deadpool: The advice for him will also get you through, but again, I recommend trying to kill as many people on your way as you can.

One last note on the bumper cars: it is actually to your benefit to not destroy the car at the top, until you are satisfied with you score. The reason being that as long as that remains, three enemies will re-spawn instead of just two. Also, take out the Murder Bot(s) quickly, as it will blow up before too long, getting you 0 points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...