Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran

kormac

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Oke completed the game (exept crossing the rhine). The game is very easy.

If you know wich way you have to take it is no problem. Oke I don't say I ve never been killed but it is is deffinitly not hard.

I agree. I just recently beat it and I can only think of two missions which I would classify as hard, but beatable. 'The Tiger' and 'Pointe Du Hoc (D-Day)' were the only missions that I actually had to experiment with tactics and try several times to get through. Not that I didn't die a lot, just I knew what I had to do 95% of the time. GREAT 1000gps though; I recommend it to anyone.

6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly! :)

that whole level and the last part of D-Day other than that it was pretty easy

Rommel's Last Stand. Right after the jeep crash, you shoot all the guys on the roof, thats the easy part. Once you go under the archway, and have to hide behind those crates, thats where it all goes to hell. The Silo never even came close to giving me as much trouble as I had trying to do everything just right to advance through that area.

I think my favorite part of holding the Hill at the very end of the game is when you think you're super clever and go run into the bunker hallway and think, ah look, I'll be safe here. Until about 10 potato mashers come flying into the hallway at you out of nowhere and you have to head straight back out and you catch a bullet in your skull upon leaving. :woop:

So far The Silo is the hardest. I haven't tryed Hill 400 or Crossing the Rhine yet. But everything up to this wasn't too hard, but The Silo straight kicked my ass everytime I got on to play it. Finally was able to sit back, take a few deep breaths and on first try in over a week went through it like it was nothing but damn. It kept kicking my ass all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...

The game is tough until you figure how to prevent your enemies from respawning. I didn't know that the nazis were mastering the dark art of Das Respawningung, but hey, maybe they managed to steal the Lost Ark and the Holy Grail after all... So much for a "realistic WW2 experience".

Hardest part on Veteran: I'd say the sniping section on top of the Silo, because of the stuppidest checkpoint ever.

I did'nt find Veteran that tough, most of it was just learning where they spawned and where to make my runs from. Having said that the moments I remember:

1) The German HQ in 'The Silo', it took me atleast 40 minutes to capture it, got killed by the last German on the 2nd floor first time I got in...

2) At the beginning of 'The Tiger' level after you kill the first mortar team, took me a while to get through all the buildings to the next checkpoint.

3) The final builing in the Battle for Caen, think it was another German Hq. Eventually figured out I was using the wrong flank <.<

4) Just after the beach part in D-Day, when you first enter the housing area, it seemed like Germans were spawning on three sides and none of my allies came to help me.

Strangly I did'nt find Hill 400 and the majority of D-Day very hard, only a few specific buildings and spots stick out to me.

Definitely taking the buildings for the Silo mission and the assault on the German HQ took the longest for me. I was also puzzled for a bit during the ambush during the British mission. After you get off the truck and get pelted by 50 bullets I was like "WTF, where am I supposed to go... they're everywhere"

Hardest parts for me

1. Without a doubt, taking the 3rd artillery team down on the last level. I had to restart the level to get more smokes and even then it was rock hard. Its the one where you have to go up the road and back down to get to them. It took me at least fifty goes and in the end I think I actually got a bit lucky. Maybe I played it wrong but it seemed far too difficult.

2. Building F, silo. I couldnt go from A to B. it was too hard. So I went A to F and it was evil for far too long. The rest of the level was much easier. The sniping at the end was a doddle.

3. Holding Hill 400. Bloody hell. That was ROCK. Getting there was no joke either.

4. The ambush. Your truck gets crashed into and you end up in an ambush. HORRIBLE! and i had to do it twice cos of a glitched checkpoint at the end of the level.

5. Fixing the telephone wire. Yep right near the beginning. Bloody hell... that was really hard.

6. D-Day. Once you get up the cliff, the next checkpoint is miles away. I was ready to quit on this bit.

7. The tank on the russian levels in the square. Everywhere you went it ran away from you. that took some real doing.

Hardest parts for me

1. Without a doubt, taking the 3rd artillery team down on the last level. I had to restart the level to get more smokes and even then it was rock hard. Its the one where you have to go up the road and back down to get to them. It took me at least fifty goes and in the end I think I actually got a bit lucky. Maybe I played it wrong but it seemed far too difficult.

No doubt, there's just too much open space to hide effectively. They get me every time.

• 1 month later...
I think all those parts were quite hard but I think that securing the German headquaters on The Battle For Caen was by far the hardest part, I spent about 2 hours on it.

took me about 1hr 15m to do this bloody part!!!

i'm pretty damn sure enemies kept respawning and charging out the front of the house :p

• 3 months later...
this part was quite easy to be honest

run round to the last flak , the first tank appears

so quickly run back to the corner where the second tank appears crouch on the corner as the tank comes round and activate the explosive,

then run to the flak gun and use the flak gun to bomb the first tank

Job Done :)

Thant man.helped a

lot.

nice thread. I would say the

silo.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't find really that much of this game that hard.. but if I had to choose the parts that really pissed me off it would be

1) D-day, when you have to snipe the mortar teams. That was complete hell because half of the time my teammate just stood there staring at me and I was like WTF MATE!!!!

2) I can't remember which mission but it was at night and you had to flank the german HQ.. that was pretty hard but once you get the strat down it's quite easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hardest part for me in this game was some part I guess in the second half of the game where you're in France or Germany with all the giant trees everywhere and the really steep hills, I think it's Hill 400 or whatever the crap it's called I can't remember. Hardest part in the game for me was the end of that level where you have to hold off an invasion of German troops from every angle and the only cover you have is this little tiny trench part near the bunker you're at. I hope that explains enough but anyway I died so many times there...