Achievement Discussion

The_Iceman2288

When will you make an achievement guide? I can't look over these achievements as they reveal spoilers in the game, but I would like to know how to plan my playthrough with ME3 (i.e. I don't want to be forces to replay the game a third time because I forgot to go over something, collect something, or talk to someone).

only way to be certain is by the offical guide or wait a week for someone to sort it out. alot of effort goes into guides just gotta give people the time to work without hassle and it'll appear.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will you make an achievement guide? I can't look over these achievements as they reveal spoilers in the game, but I would like to know how to plan my playthrough with ME3 (i.e. I don't want to be forces to replay the game a third time because I forgot to go over something, collect something, or talk to someone).

Im going to go out on a limb and say the achievement list isn't much of a spoiler at all. I didn't want to be spoiled either, so I can skimmed through the list first with one eye open before really looking at it. Just my opinion.

And after looking at the achievement list, it doesn't look like anything can really be missed by playing in a certain order. Definitely not like it was in ME1!

Anyway - I'm pretty happy with the achievements, particularly the option for gaining some either through MP or SP. It would be nice to have some more challenging ones, but they kept a fair amount of grinding chievos in there and from the looks of it there are at least a couple of toughies. Pretty similar to ME2 in a lot of ways.

I changed my difficulty in the options menu as soon as I had control of Sheperd. I didn't change it in the menu... Is this going to mess up my chance of getting the achievement or am I still ok. By the way, I know this is probably a stupid question to ask sense the game just came out, but I really don't want to have to start all over... Thanks in advance!

I changed my difficulty in the options menu as soon as I had control of Sheperd. I didn't change it in the menu... Is this going to mess up my chance of getting the achievement or am I still ok. By the way, I know this is probably a stupid question to ask sense the game just came out, but I really don't want to have to start all over... Thanks in advance!

You have until you leave Earth in the beginning. Since you only start off with a pistol and hardly any ammo, they decided to let us play on any difficulty until that part is over.

I guess there's no point in playing as a non-biotic in this game, achievement-wise; there are no weapon specific achievements or anything, just a bunch of biotic-specific ones.

How come the day one DLC only has 50G though? I thought they were allowed to put 200G in all paid DLC and 0G in free ones, no middle ground?

I'm going to un-confirm this statement. I started a new game on story mode and right when I could I checked the options. It allowed me to throw it back on the other difficulties.

True, you can change the difficulty after the game starts, however, it also puts you back on standard mode when you do that. I think he meant that you can't change to insanity and also stay on story mode at the same time.

Does anyone here know how to get the achievements for the "From Ashes" DLC? I don't want to accidentally miss them when doing the quest.

One of them is story related and unmissable. The other only requires reading a few data pads that are in the modular housing areas. They are VERY easy to spot. Just make sure you look around all of the units before leaving the planet.

does anyone know if the Overload x shields has to be done by shepard or can it be by one of the crew members you control?

Has to be done by YOU.

If you don't want to use a class with this power in SP, simply go to MP choose one from there and you will have the 100 overloads in no time. Took me 2-3h max. ;)

Does anyone have any info on what you have to do to unlock the Master and Commander achievement? I went to the final battle with 100% galactic readiness and completed the game, but the achievement didn't unlock.

I'm only a portion of the way through the game, so this is speculation, but if you go to the war room and check the computer, it shows your total battle value or whatever they call it. It then gives you a portion of your battle value based on your % galactic readiness. So I think there are 2 parts to this. You want your readiness as high as you can, but you also want to do the quests to get your value up as far as possible.

Hope that's helpful

'Master and Commander' has no defined number yet (why it's not in the achievement description itself is beyond me), but it is based on the Effective Military Strength (total x readiness). The number seems to be somewhere around 3500-4000, and the achievement will unlock when you press A to land at the Illusive Man's base. I ended with 3328 after doing every mission and planet scan and didn't get it. There is one report of someone getting it without playing any MP (thus a readiness of 50%) and that was only with never making any 'kill' decisions/actions throughout all 3 games, including DLC for all 3 games as well (for example, not killing the villain from the ME1 'Bring Down the Sky' DLC is the only way to get the Batarian fleet as a war asset in ME3, and you have to save the Rachni queen in ME1 to get their full war asset as well)

'Master and Commander' has no defined number yet (why it's not in the achievement description itself is beyond me), but it is based on the Effective Military Strength (total x readiness). The number seems to be somewhere around 3500-4000, and the achievement will unlock when you press A to land at the Illusive Man's base. I ended with 3328 after doing every mission and planet scan and didn't get it. There is one report of someone getting it without playing any MP (thus a readiness of 50%) and that was only with never making any 'kill' decisions/actions throughout all 3 games, including DLC for all 3 games as well (for example, not killing the villain from the ME1 'Bring Down the Sky' DLC is the only way to get the Batarian fleet as a war asset in ME3, and you have to save the Rachni queen in ME1 to get their full war asset as well)

Strangely, if you don't play BDtS, you can still get the Batarian fleet.

Still, I haven't seen people with more than ~3500 EMS at the end of the game. I had 3503 and didn't get the achievement until I played some multiplayer.

Does anyone know what missions you have to complete for the Unwavering achievement? Is it just the main story missions and the N7 missions, or do you have to do all those pointless sidequests too?

Anyone know whats the quickest way of getting the 'Veteran' achievement for killing 5,000 enemies?

Multiplayer.

Anyone know whats the quickest way of getting the 'Veteran' achievement for killing 5,000 enemies?

Yeah I'd also say MP is the fastet way so far. After my first run (Normal) and now on my second run (Insanity - half way through) I managed to get 4200 Kills.

Does anyone know what missions you have to complete for the Unwavering achievement? Is it just the main story missions and the N7 missions, or do you have to do all those pointless sidequests too?

Here you go:

--> Unwavering Thread (Click for link!)

Ps.: Your GT is just epic! :biglaugh

Yeah I'd also say MP is the fastet way so far. After my first run (Normal) and now on my second run (Insanity - half way through) I managed to get 4200 Kills.

Here you go:

--> Unwavering Thread (Click for link!)

Ps.: Your GT is just epic! :biglaugh

Thanks! The list will come in handy, I just started my Insanity playthrough today.