Day One Purchase For Me

DiasdeGalvan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I wished 4A Games would come out with a special limited "Collectors Edition." A statue (perhaps made in resin cast?), lithographs, soundtrack, making of the game booklet, etc. Anyways, I have the regular copy pre-ordered at GameStop.

But, why? To be perfectly honest I'm getting tired of Limited/Collector's editions. It's just an excuse for publishers to squeeze more cash from gamers.

Don't get me wrong. I really want this game, and am definitely looking forward to it. But, while some LE/CEs can be cool others are just crap and a waste of money.

Stick to the vanilla game and let me enjoy that experience.

Know what I mean?

But, why? To be perfectly honest I'm getting tired of Limited/Collector's editions. It's just an excuse for publishers to squeeze more cash from gamers.

To each his/her own. I like collecting CE's statues for games I like playing. I have a bunch (some in cases, some not) on my shelf. If there made nicely. Then take my money. As long as they aren't ridiculously expensive and stay within the $99-150 range. Example: Bioshock Infinite Songbird Edition.

Don't get me wrong. I really want this game, and am definitely looking forward to it. But, while some LE/CEs can be cool others are just crap and a waste of money.

I have never owned a crap CE. Although, I have wasted money on some regular copy games bought at full price/pre-ordered. Then after release and few days playing. When attempting to resell on ebay. The value drops $20. Example: Brink, Dishonored, Aliens Colonial Marines.

Stick to the vanilla game and let me enjoy that experience.

Know what I mean?

How is me wanting a CE, effecting your experience by wanting a regular copy?

Edited by gravelandx88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Actually preordered it but never played 2033.

Have you read the book?

Now is a good time to go grab the first game cheap and get caught upon the story. :woop:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

What I'm saying is that almost every game seems to have a LE/CE. I remember a time in gaming when LE/CE actually special and rare. It just doesn't seem like they are anymore.

And let's not forget Two Worlds 2's swanky GOTY edition... after having never won a GOTY from anyone.... anywhere. Ever. :p

• 2 weeks later...
I'm the same as you. Maybe not day 1, but definitely within a month of its release. The trailers so far have impressed me, hoping they can back it up with the real thing.

It is a different FPS and one that can teach other developers about how to do a proper FPS. Since my last post, I have completed the game. Just need to jump on the DLC. :(

I'd peek into the small stores about 3-5 days before actual release date... you may get lucky.

Speaking of small stores, you work in one, don't you? You always seem to have the latest released game played on your profile. Instead of telling others which stores to try, why not advertise your own so people can go to your store and get it early?

Edited by iBuzz7S