Anybody feel this game was too easy?

MidgetsInactive

I finally got the 1000, and I just found the entire game to be a easier than all of the other games.

The fact that you only need to S rank Nephilim, and you only have to do a minimum of five playthroughs with some mop up and grinding, just made it seem too easy.

I've done all of the games now, and I was just really disappointed with the difficulty of this game. For a Devil May Cry game, this should have been a lot harder.

I love this game, but do agree. Especially the boss battles, those are a joke.

My assumptions of what made this game easy:

-RB dodge is godlike

-Enemy telegraphing or move prompts are HUGE

-Enemy movesets are too limited (most only have one attack)

-I love the grapple mechanic, but you're pretty much invincible in the air

I've also only played Devil Hunter through, thus far, but the enemies die way too fast. Ground chain->Air chain will kill pretty much everything, without even finishing the air chain.

Great game but way too easy I maxed out on items before DMD thinking the shit was gonna hit the fan then completed it without dying and only used about 10 items. I just started the HD collection and already died more times on normal than I did thoughout all my playthroughs on this.

I also don't like the fact that there are only six bosses as well. In the earlier games, there was a boss almost every other level Also, the fact that you have to hit the bosses in a certain spot, or weaken them first is really stupid. In the old games, all you had to do was whack away at them (well, except for Nightmare).

Overall, this game's difficulty was just a huge letdown, when I was expecting harder. The only part I found hard was the last boss on Hell or Hell mode. Even then, it only took me 20 minutes to get down a strategy and beat him. I'm just disappointed.

My only hope is that the next DMC game (hopefully the real DMC 5) is actually going to be a challenge.

Gateway back to DMC4?

I'm sorry, but DMC4 is miles away from this game. With the much higher difficulty and completely different control scheme, getting used to this game then switching to something which is nearly the opposite of it isn't going to be fun.

If you want a gateway to 4, play 3. DMC3 is miles better than this game, and is similar to 4 as well.

Gateway back to DMC4?

I'm sorry, but DMC4 is miles away from this game. With the much higher difficulty and completely different control scheme, getting used to this game then switching to something which is nearly the opposite of it isn't going to be fun.

If you want a gateway to 4, play 3. DMC3 is miles better than this game, and is similar to 4 as well.

Given that I started the original DMC during the weekend I'd have to disagree.

I think the difficulties fine, it could have been a little harder but you have to keep in mind.. youve played all the DMCs, of course they are going to seem easier the more you play them.. kinda common sense sorry. For example, after I beat one of the most renowned hard games ever (Dark souls) twice, I was able to complete a third playthrough in not only a fraction of the time but without dying.

In other words, take your skill into mind. (tho there will always be that guy thats like "this was easy" even tho hes probably full of it.)

I think the difficulties fine, it could have been a little harder but you have to keep in mind.. youve played all the DMCs, of course they are going to seem easier the more you play them.. kinda common sense sorry. For example, after I beat one of the most renowned hard games ever (Dark souls) twice, I was able to complete a third playthrough in not only a fraction of the time but without dying.

In other words, take your skill into mind. (tho there will always be that guy thats like "this was easy" even tho hes probably full of it.)

No this is the easiest DMC people that have never played a DMC before have completed it 100% and have stated it wasn't very hard. DMC 3 on normal is harder than DMD on this.

too easy. I got 1000/1000 in 45 hours and this game somewhat disappointed me for its less challenging difficulty than old DMCs. it's easy to beat but harder to score high though. guess the developer wants people to be more stylish rather than beating the game. can't wait for bloody palace and Vergil's downfall, they better create something more interesting to inspire me.

what you have to remember is that not every gamer is good at the devil may cry games, im pretty average but im enjoying the game and it's been hard enough for me and i have just got the SSS ranks done on Nephilim difficulty, i can understand the hardcore gamers think it's easy but then other players who are going to struggle are then losing out on such a great game.

this is the first devil may cry game i have ever played and i think it's been excellent, there is no way i could ever dream of completing something like devil may cry 4 though as that is way out of my league, i'll leave that to the hardcore players.

This is my 1st DMC game ever and i know it's been said that it's the easiest one compared to the others, but i have to say it was MUCH easier than i thought it would be. I beat DMD, HOH and HAH difficulties in one sitting lol. Having Super Dante for HAH makes the difficulty a push over. Too bad they didnt have achievements for beating the last 4 difficulties with SSS ranking or beating HAH mode without Super Dante, continues and checkpoints lol. Now that would make the chieves more challenging and rewarding. Nonetheless, i enjoyed this game very much and its a good start to the reboot IMO. Looking forward to Vergils downfall dlc and hopefully a sequel. Maybe i will work on climbing up the leader board to keep me busy :)

Buy the HD collection. Difficulty issues sorted. I was pretty terrible at this genre, of all the games that got me good at them it was probably Bayonetta. I loved that game to bits and tried my hardest to platinum rank everything. Then i took on ninja blade which was pretty great. Just beat the DMC HD collection. Roll on DMC 4.

Buy the HD collection. Difficulty issues sorted. I was pretty terrible at this genre, of all the games that got me good at them it was probably Bayonetta. I loved that game to bits and tried my hardest to platinum rank everything. Then i took on ninja blade which was pretty great. Just beat the DMC HD collection. Roll on DMC 4.

i loved bayonetta, especially the lock on ability, i wish it was in DMC to make it easier when trying to hit those flying creatures with the shields, i also miss the crazy power ups, i used to love the devil dog one.

i think i will get the hd collection and DMC4 as well but im not going to try to complete them, it is bad enough trying to do DMC at the moment, i have just completed SOS mode, next it's DMD for me.

Never played the original games but I've played the 4th one and I must say the newest installment is way more accessible.

Cant say I didnt enjoy the 4th one but I found it was way too overloaded with features and that perma style switching was too much for me, plus that Nero guy was one loser of a protagonist imho.

Really liking the new DmC and I absolutely agree with all the positive press feedback that I've read so far, its an amazing game to me.

The only concern I have is that the Arbiter might be a bit too powerful and thus its very tempting to rely solely on it, but thats pretty much it - but then again I may not be hardcore enough to give a valid statement (yes, I found the community feedback pretty awkward.)