How many of you can actually finish Shock and Awe (Extreme)?

HamKet

I got this one quite lucky as i killed the last guy in the 4th round just as the floor was flashing really fast and the time clock was on zero for at least 3 seconds. I just got the rumble in the jungle one left then 1000gs for me

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CURSE ALL OF YOU! i've been at this game non stop for two weeks and still cant do Sewer Bat Extreme. I'm so screwed.

This one was the hardest one for me too. I always got shot when I was doing the Y,B takedown. It took me about 10 tries for Sewer Bat Extreme, 3 or 4 tries for Rumble in the Jungle Extreme, and I got Shock and Awe Extreme on my first try.

The way I got Shock and Awe Extreme was just start the combo then Y,B takedown every third strike. I finished the last 3 rounds with no time left but I still finished. I think I also only had like 31,000 points.

• 3 weeks later...

Lord in heaven almighty I literally just finished this god forsaken challenge! Literally hours a day would go into this thing.

I would recommend something no one has really said here, I think.

Get all your points in the first 3 rounds, I was under the category of plenty of points but not enough time. During the fourth round just spam the hell out of the batclaw for the first 10 seconds, try to ground pound some guys in there. And if you happen to be near the edge keep doing it and hopefully guys will get thrown over. After a year of this level I was able to finish it twice with this method.

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed this on both GOTY & std versions on 360 (also did it on GFWL for both versions).

Its much easier on GFWL as FPS is smoother/higher less chance of getting stopped out of a combo as you get slightly more time to react. Loading times are much quicker on an SSD so less frustration when you have to reload the maps to start again.

I would also say on 360 the GOTY is slightly harder on these maps as the newer game engine supporting 3D is not as smooth so I found it much harder to do these on GOTY than the std version the timing is slightly different.

Just keep practising they are not that hard with a bit of practice. Try to get A+X then throw someone over the ledge for an extra bonus when you have a high combo of 10+. Also I found on all versions if you can get 20000 or close to it by round 4 you will usually get 10-12K on round 4 as more enemies & higher combos to earn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought this was easy (after tons of practice on other challenges). For whatever reason I can't score enough points on regular shock and awe. I need the high score in sewer bat (extreme) and that and then I'm on to finish the GotY edition.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played Batman AA for a long time now. But since i've played Batman AC, i became better at the combat challenges. Still need to complete them on AC, but they are getting way better then on AA.

So with that in mind, i returned to AA. I had 4 challenges remaining: Shock & Awe (both normal and extreme), Sewer Bat (Extreme) en Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme).

I nailed the normal Shock & Awe in my 1st attempt. Sewer Bat took me about 5 tries and Rumble in the Jungle about 10. But i unable to complete Shock & Awe (Extreme). I managed to finish it once, but that was only 22k points. Had many times i was way above the 30k points, but ran out of time.

But i must nail this last one and will keep trying! Hopefully i will succeed some day........

HELL YEAH!!!! I nailed it!! 32k points!

My hart was pumping like crazy when going into round 4. I already had 29k points at that time. So i used the explosive gel trick on the right platform to clear the ranks. After the explosion, i did like 4 ground take downs. Many of the tugs were just blown out of the ring. Won the round with 15 seconds to spare!

This was by far the hardest achievement i've ever down. Shock & Awe took my look 20+ hours! But i managed to get it in the end! What a sweet 1000 GS!!!

Picked this game back up again after finishing Batman:AC. Managed to get through most of the other challenges but this one was very tough. Spent a few nights constantly trying this level and finally got it last night. My timer hit zero and I still had three or four guys left to take down. A couple went out with critical hits/ring out, but then the floor started buzzing and the screen went black, just as I hit the final guy. Was convinced Joker's face was about to greet me when the score page came up. 42k or something like that. Happy days. Now, on to RITJ(extreme) to complete the challenge.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It took me a while to complete this one, wasn't even close to beating the timer on the 4th round. Until i started to use (a)+(x) combo to throw them out of the ring. I finished with 10 sec to spare. So my suggestion is to throw the knife guys out of the ring asap. Once those are gone its just a mater of evade jumping over them (don't bother with countering, its to risky unless you need 1 for the variation bonus) and hit once or if you can multiple times until you can use a combo again and repeat.

Can certainly repeat the challenge using this technique.

To beat the score i suggest trying to get as high possible score in the first and second round using each ability once and then getting as much ground takedown in as possible so your not pressured on the last 2 rounds. That way you can just focus on clearing the floor as fast as possible to beat the timer.

Edited by lolrogi

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Having completed the game twice (once on the 360 and once on GFWL) I'm now on my third run through and I'm not sure what problem people really have with this, best way to rack up points is in the early rounds so you can just beat the timer in the final round. As always variety helps so start the fight off with a batarang and then the bat claw then work gadgets in as you see fit. For the first two rounds try to avoid using takedowns unless you are about to get hit as when you are going through the takedown animation you can't get hit, just try and build up a combo and get points through hitting enemies and hopping around the arena. It's not that hard once you get the idea, the toughest bit is the final round and trying to beat it within the time limit, for this just go takedown crazy and don't worry if you lose your combo because you're escaping away from the shock floor.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm now on my third run through and I'm not sure what problem people really have with this, best way to rack up points is in the early rounds so you can just beat the timer in the final round.

I couldn't agree with you more!

It seemed the only way I was able to finish the Combat challenges was to finish the first two rounds perfectly.

In the first two rounds or even the third if you can, go for these goals.

Variation bonus 5000 - Use all of Batmans combos in one flow

Flawless Freeflow bonus 1000 - Beat a round in one flowing combo

Dark Knight bonus 500 - Beat a round without taking damage

Perfect Knight bonus 5000 - Beat an entire challenge without taking damage

On top of that, go for large combos as that is a super easy way to rack up the points.

• 4 months later...