Tip For Beating Giant Fire Warthog on Brave Difficulty

Amazon XD

Okay, this is by far the most annoying portion of the game.

You get all the way to the last tiered battle, only to be stopped by the second boss; the giant fire pig. Be sure your ice arrow and shit is fully upgraded, as well as health potions.

Now, instead of running around him in circles like the guide states, stick your ass to the bottom edge of the map. What you do is lead him around the bottom rim of the map, shooting ice arrows at him while you backpedal the entire time. He wont be able to charge because he's too big to form a fast straight line when you're that close to the edge.

When I say close to the edge, I mean CLOSE. Eventually he will be able to shoot a straight line at you. When that happens, try to turn around and go the other way, but turn TOWARDS the bottom edge. If you fall off, you lose barely any health and you're where you want to be. Otherwise, you'll get hit by him and lose half of your health.

Seriously, this all you have to do. If the little fire pigs come at you, just kill them with one charged ice arrow. You should be moving quick enough that the spear guys won't be able to hit you.

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone else has any additional tips for this boss, I'd love the feedback.

I've been trying to beat this bastard since 2pm and it's nearly 6:30 now. I've got my potions fully upgraded (( not that it helps since NONE ever drop )) and my Ice arrows as well.

I've tried both the run around strat from the guide and the hug bottom edge and nothing is working for me. Is co-op a viable option to beat this thing? Cause' at this point I can't see any other way for me to pull this off. Nothing I do works. =(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I did was, run around the edge of the arena. The fire pig would not be able to charge at me because I was constantly moving and there was no space. At some points the fire pig would sneak a charge attack at me so I would dodge it or jump of the arena. As for the smaller pigs, I would hit them with a charged ice attack which kills them in 1-hit. The spear enemies were the least of my worries as I was moving to quickly for them to hit me. It took me 3 deaths to kill the fire pig. All other bosses were cake.

If it helps I also did this in co op. I had my brother constantly shooting ice arrows at the enemies causing a distraction. Using co op for the last level bosses really help out. Doing it in co op does not void any achievements.

• 2 weeks later...

Just here to reiterate what everyone says...

* Play on co-op if you can. Get your partner to concentrate on the big boss

* Concentrate ONLY on the big boss - The others keep spawning.... Don't waste your time unless you need a health potion and they are right beside you (but use your sword).

* Stick to the edge and fall off if you are trapped by the boars charge - it loses you way less health

* USE YOUR SWORD - This kills the small boars and big boar far faster. Yes you can die quickly too, but it's a hell of a lot easier than running around dodging boars and jumping over fire trails. If you are bashing the big boar and little boars come close, bash them as you might get a health potion out of it.

* Upgrade your stuff.. If you are really having difficulty, it might be worth leaving and replaying some other levels to upgrade your stuff before coming back to it. Make sure you at least have all collectibles as they make a huge difference.

I stopped trying to dodge and just mashed sword at the bottom edge of the map and I got it within 10 deaths. I know this sounds bad, but it's a hell of a lot less frustrating because each death is quick. If you dodge and try to pick off the smaller guys first, it will take ages and be a hell of a lot more annoying because of the effort taken to do it. When mashing sword, just make sure you don't get hit by the big boar's charge. Fall off instead... it takes a lot less health off. One charge takes off a huge chunk.

Good Luck... I spent an hour on the fire boss alone.

• 3 months later...
Finally got the warthog. I did double roll first (left trigger twice) to keep my distance and charged bow shots as I made my way around the perimeter. Tough battle!

ended up doing the same thing because the ledge trick was getting me killed I would get stuck in a loop of falling off the ledge until I died. I just charged the bow and shot the big guy and dodged the little ones best as I could took almost all of my health but it's done.

oh and for those having trouble with the harpy or the rock boss just focus on the little guys as they do eventually stop spawning.

not a lot of places to hide for the harpy so charged earth shots are best.

same goes for the rock boss. stay at the bottom where you spawned and just hug the wall and charge the earth bows. when you shoot the bow the minions should spawn on top of the ledge and you should only have the birds to worry about. it takes a few minutes before they stop spawning but they do stop. When they do stop spawning don't go all the way up to the top just far enough so you can shoot the rock boss, he shouldn't move or throw things at you if he is you are to close.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Is it weird that the fire warthog is the only final boss I didn't die on at all? :p

Haha, I read this thread before attempting the final boss, and I expected to die on the earthog, but he ended up being the only boss that I didn't die on either. I used a clockwise charged shot strategy on all of the bosses and it helped a lot. Thanks for all of the tips everyone.