bitching thread

general Minecraft Rage thread, so you can bitch about all the mistakes you make lol

i hate when i have a full inventory of all sorts of cool stuff, and then accidentally tunnel into the side of a lava pit on the way OUT of the mine. >.<

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After I discovered my first diamonds, a creeper almost killed me. I still had a bit of health left, but it apparently blew up the blocks above and a stream of lava poured on me. Unfortunately I couldn't find my way back to where I died, so I lost them :(

I dont mind too much when a monster kills me, as I can retrace my steps and pick up my goodies, but when I fall into lava... thats a sod 'cos all my goodies are lost forever!!!

How do people 'path find' in this game? ive lost several houses Ive built simply because ive gone for a wander, and then cant work out where i'd built the house in the first place lol

I dont mind too much when a monster kills me, as I can retrace my steps and pick up my goodies, but when I fall into lava... thats a sod 'cos all my goodies are lost forever!!!

How do people 'path find' in this game? ive lost several houses Ive built simply because ive gone for a wander, and then cant work out where i'd built the house in the first place lol

Dig arrows in the ground pointing towards your house, use your map and remember the general location, or build statues that point in the direction of your home :)

the game has maps and compasses built in, a map shows you the entire world on this version and a compass points to your spawn point

Just jump and plant a block underneath yourself, repeat till you have a very tall tower, then stick torches all around the top, jump off (into water or die - wont matter its near your home/bed) you can then see this for miles!

I made my home too large and enemies spawn in there during night time when i'm trying to sleep. I haven't found a way to prevent this aside from destroying it and building a smaller home.

No not due to size,, to solve the issue do not put your bed right next to any walls.

The fact that I have no idea how the powered rails, powered minecarts, redstone torches, redstone wires, etc work at all...

well redstone dust is wire and redstone torches are batteries so the basic way to power things with them is connect a redstone torch to the item from any distance with redstone wire

instead of the torch you can use switches and buttons etc to power the redstone, this will let you turn things on and off which is useful for powering doors and things

powerd rail is just track with redstone in it which you can power with a torch or a switch and it increases the speed of a minecart running over it

powered minecarts are just a minecart with a furnace in them, you click on them with coal in your hand and they move, they are pretty much usless though because they are slow and eat coal

the best thing to do to learn about redstone is play with it, try building simple circuits and working your way up, people do all sorts with it in the end theres even a guy that programmed minecraft using redstone in the game so you could play minecraft in minecraft :p

I hate it when the game freezes when you've gone 10 hours without saving because you thought this game followed the normal 'Autosave' ideal but it turned out it actually doesn't mean anything.

I also hate it when there's no disk to snap or throw out of my window.