Being Human

MADasaHatter

So the American version premiered last night and I have to say that I enjoyed it. I've never seen the British version but I can see some good stuff coming out of this new version (which promises to deviate from the British show greatly as it rolls along).

The only thing I hope is that both the wolf and the ghost (I have no idea of names so far) don't sit and brood all day. The "Oh woe is me" thing is fine to give characters a starting point, but I hope it doesn't last long.

Did anyone else see it? What do you think? How does it stack up to the Brit version?

Never seen the British version but I love the American version so far. I've always liked Sam Huntingon.

Is that the kid from Jungle 2 Jungle?

Anyways, I was planning on watching the new series to see if his acting improved over the years and if I could get hooked into the show but I was too busy playing Halo: Reach.

I guess I'll search for reruns.

Being from England I feel I must comment. I watched the UK version in it's entirety and happened to catch the premiere of the US version...might I just say the US version wins completely hands down. Definitely seems like less of a sitcom and more of a drama. I guess money does buy you a better product.

And just to retort from my statement here...this formula doesn't always work.

I'm looking at you...The Office...Skins...Shameless.

Being from England I feel I must comment. I watched the UK version in it's entirety and happened to catch the premiere of the US version...might I just say the US version wins completely hands down. Definitely seems like less of a sitcom and more of a drama. I guess money does buy you a better product.

And just to retort from my statement here...this formula doesn't always work.

I'm looking at you...The Office...Skins...Shameless.

There's a great article on yahoo about the shows that were hits/bombs coming over from across the pond. A lot of shows I didn't even know were originally British (like Three's Company and All In the Family, two shows that are now iconic Americana). The amount of shows that failed outweigh the winners of course.

I looked into the Brit Being Human and imo, this cast is at least better looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw this and was hoping it was the British version which I must say I love, now the US version...I wanted to die, the Werewolf (George in UK) was never broody and the Ghost (Annie in UK) was trying to find her reason for still remaining as a Ghost.

The final ep of the UK was amazing, it really showed how a TV Series can connect you emotionally to characters.

(SPOILER) R.I.P Mitchell (Aidan in US)

I have to report that I'm the same as pretty much everyone here. I watched the Being Human premiere & thought it was really good.

Then I got Curious about the Original British Version (I'm a Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes Fanatic. So i had an inkling that the US Being Human wasn't gonna be as good as the original UK show)

I Really Think the UK Being Human is Brilliant, The US one needs to find its own Rhythm and go its own way as long as the way it goes isn't Twilight-ish

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I caught this series on Netflix a couple years back, was curious about it especially when I recognized Aidan. He was in Season 1 of DEXTER as Neil Perry, though the role only lasted a few episodes. Seeing him in this show compared to that...he really matured ._. he was a scrawny nothing before now he's got some muscle.

I watched part of Season 2, but I got distracted by other stuff so I went elsewhere. I still have this, True Blood Season 5 and Supernatural Season 8 in my backlog...along with the remainder of the first half of Walking Dead Season 3 (and I think it's started up again hasn't it? so the rest of the season as well).

I caught this series on Netflix a couple years back, was curious about it especially when I recognized Aidan. He was in Season 1 of DEXTER as Neil Perry, though the role only lasted a few episodes. Seeing him in this show compared to that...he really matured ._. he was a scrawny nothing before now he's got some muscle.

I watched part of Season 2, but I got distracted by other stuff so I went elsewhere. I still have this, True Blood Season 5 and Supernatural Season 8 in my backlog...along with the remainder of the first half of Walking Dead Season 3 (and I think it's started up again hasn't it? so the rest of the season as well).

He was also Doomsday in Smallville and Starkiller in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed games. Seems like a pretty cool dude.

And yea, Walking dead is back up and almost over again. Newest season of Supernatural (8 or 9?) should almost be done by now too.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, Sam Witwer is one of my favorite actors, as the other lad above said, he was Starkiller.

He was also in The Mist. He's a great actor that I feel needs to break into some more big movies. and hey, with Star Wars being launched into more movies by Disney, maybe he'll get his chance!