Trial Guide

Kyai

Olrox - Finish the level after keeping the focus meter at its maximum value for 60 seconds.

Can anybody tell good strategy to achieve this, so far I have reached only 42 seconds?

Remember, you don't have to hit him constantly. Your focus meter starts to drain after about 8.6 seconds (we'll say 8 for simplicity sake) so once you get to 52 seconds, just evade and never hit him again, and you'll clear it.

Don't block, just roll. The only thing that sucks is when he tries to bite you, that's when he gets me. I got to 56 seconds and he decided he wanted to bite me, and that was it so I tried again.

Basically, make it a hit and run thing. Hit, roll roll roll. Hit, roll roll roll. When he likes to throw his swords at you, that chews up about 5 seconds, he's easy to hit and easy to evade so that helps drive up your meter.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I just cleared the 2nd titan trial with 00:00 time remaining. That was a close call.

Yeah, the titan trials are rough. I dread doing the Dracolich, because I didn't enjoy it at all. In fact, Chapter 11 I hated period. Sigh. But tomorrow, he goes down...again.

I believe I'll be able to finish this guide tomorrow. I really hope this helps someone.

Chapter 9

Bones Forest - Finish the level after killing 10 Headless Corpses, without being grabbed by them a single time

Use holy water, kills all the skulls and makes all the corpses pop up out of the ground dazed for you to grab them. You can get 1 or 2 (possibly 3?) each time. There are 6 corpses the first time, then you seriph jump the gap to get the gem and there are enough to give you the 10. just roll around and use holy water, got it first try.

Chapter 5

Castle Sewers - Finish the level after killing 3 Skeleton Warriors without destroying their shields

I found an easy way to complete this trial. Just use the Landslide Punch by holding LT & charge X while in the air. You can make the skeletons crumble & destroy the pile of bones using the same attack over & over. I never destroyed the shields using this method.

Edited by Weasel13

Yeah, the titan trials are rough. I dread doing the Dracolich, because I didn't enjoy it at all. In fact, Chapter 11 I hated period. Sigh. But tomorrow, he goes down...again.

I believe I'll be able to finish this guide tomorrow. I really hope this helps someone.

The music made the fights pretty cool though, especially when they play part of the primary theme and you're being shaken off of the beast. I never played Shadow of the Colossus either so it was all new to me.

Yeah so I'm working on the "Abbey Tower" Trial which is to destroy 100 destructable objects within 20 seconds.

I always get to about 90 objects destroyed before I reach the part where I have to use the stake to crank a cranker thing to lift the gate. Are there some destructables I could be missing? or do you just have to crank the cranker and destroy more destructables?

That one is very annoying. You CAN hold block, but it rarely happens. If you get webbed, a lycan will hit you. I found it was best to just run directly into the face of the spider and take any hit it gives you. I didn't hit him, just ran into his face. If he jumps away, run into his face again.

If you get close (touching,or almost touching it with your body) & attack a spider directly in its face, it will almost always block & then follow up with an unblockable attack. Just keep attacking until it blocks & don't stop until it hits you with its unblockable which will poison you.

For Chapter 5's Trial with Brauner (throw his blade back four times in a row), it's important to note you cannot get hit by any throws or simply miss them, as it will reset the counter. The timing on it seems screwy at first, but it's actually quite simple. Please note that I did this on Paladin, so he may be less aggressive on lower difficulties.

Dodge two attacks from him (separate attacks, not just swings), and then stand your ground. He will back away from you and taunt you about catching his blade. Do not move at all and right when it's about to hit you, hit RT. Imagine Gabriel's normal grab if nothing is around and you have a good idea about the range. Now just repeat three more times and you're golden.

Yeah so I'm working on the "Abbey Tower" Trial which is to destroy 100 destructable objects within 20 seconds.

I always get to about 90 objects destroyed before I reach the part where I have to use the stake to crank a cranker thing to lift the gate. Are there some destructables I could be missing? or do you just have to crank the cranker and destroy more destructables?

To the right of the gate along the wall, you can double jump over to the other side

Remember, you don't have to hit him constantly. Your focus meter starts to drain after about 8.6 seconds (we'll say 8 for simplicity sake) so once you get to 52 seconds, just evade and never hit him again, and you'll clear it.

Don't block, just roll. The only thing that sucks is when he tries to bite you, that's when he gets me. I got to 56 seconds and he decided he wanted to bite me, and that was it so I tried again.

Basically, make it a hit and run thing. Hit, roll roll roll. Hit, roll roll roll. When he likes to throw his swords at you, that chews up about 5 seconds, he's easy to hit and easy to evade so that helps drive up your meter.

Thanks finally got it, but that bite really sucked had to try it 8 times because of that.

I did it on easy so yes it is possible. I think on paladin it'd be near impossible. I'm not sure how often she poisons on higher difficulties.

Alright, I'll look into it again, on higher difficulties getting poisened is a lot more likely but above Warrior you should obviously avoid it at all costs.

I'll try Squire, better it takes long to get poisoned but once it happens it won't be difficult to kill 10 lycans.

Also for the Chapter V, Part 5(Abbey Tower) Trial, any advice for destroying the 100 objects in time?After a couple of tries I simply can't find enough objects before the climb up the tower begins, I just got around 92.

Alright, I'll look into it again, on higher difficulties getting poisened is a lot more likely but above Warrior you should obviously avoid it at all costs.

I'll try Squire, better it takes long to get poisoned but once it happens it won't be difficult to kill 10 lycans.

Also for the Chapter V, Part 5(Abbey Tower) Trial, any advice for destroying the 100 objects in time?After a couple of tries I simply can't find enough objects before the climb up the tower begins, I just got around 92.

I just did it. Carts, crates, and barrels can all be destroyed. There's a cart and crate to the left as soon as you start, then go right as normal. Destroy all objects in that corridor. Come out, destroy objects in the open before you jump. Pull down the bridge, I think there's a couple in that room. Go right and double jump over the ledge and go down the stairs, which will lead you behind the gate and there's objects in there.

Thanks finally got it, but that bite really sucked had to try it 8 times because of that.

Don't I know it. It took me around 5 tries. Unfortunately, that falls down to luck if he will do it or not.

Anyone have checkpoint time markers for the Abbey library? i'm going to try again since i have a full shadow bar

The only checkpoint I consciously noted was I had 1:33 left after the first 2 statues.

Edited by Kyai

I finally got the Poison Trial, a sure way to get poisoned (even on easy) is to let the spider pin you down without trying to get up, the following attack always does the trick.

Then just kill the lycans, get to a checkpoint and repeat, thanks for that tip.

And for the Abbey Tower trial, one thing that should help is running into the hallway to the right immediately to trigger a checkpoint, then restart and all the enemies should be gone but all objects still there and the timer at 20 seconds or maybe a bit less.

You'll have to go back out and get all the objects at the start before moving on but that should still be faster than killing all the enemies.

Edit : Got that one as well, didn't know that you could avoid cranking open the gate after the drawbridge, that's exactly the time saver you need.In the end I had 7 seconds to spare.

Edit 2 : Thanks to Weasel13 for his tip on the Chaper V, Part 6 (Castle Sewers) Trial, worked like a charm, just use nothing but the Landslide Punch to bring the skeletons down.Though the normal punch(on the ground ) seemed to spare the shields or at least damage them very little as well.

Edited by BullZeye

Chapter 5

Castle Sewers - Finish the level after killing 3 Skeleton Warriors without destroying their shields

A few methods work for this. Landslide Punch (Jump, Hold LT + X) and holy water are especially effective. You can also charge your dark gauntlet for this. When they crumple to bones, kill them so you don't have to fight them a second time. If you hold X (Direct Heavy Combo), that will kill them in one hit or you can kill them with Landslide Punch. Holy water and Ultimate Light will also destroy them while they're down.

You can also simply parry every attack - LT when they attack then X,X,X combo. Never touch their shields. :)

The guide is very helpful btw.

I've now reached 110% in the first 6 Chapters, but now Chapter VII, I just don't get the Trial for the Electric Laboratory, I need to defeat the Mechanical Monstrosity "using only the tesla coil in the lab after it is activated".

Maybe I just don't remember the boss fight correctly but don't you always use the Tesla Coil AFTER it is activated (since that's when the creature tries to heal itself) by pressing the floor button and in doing so stop the boss from regaining health?

Edit : Even after just playing the level, I don't understand, after the first time the boss healed itself(which I think cannot be prevented) the trial failed.Do I need to lure him under the tesla coil before the boss activates it himself?

Edited by BullZeye

I've now reached 110% in the first 6 Chapters, but now Chapter VII, I just don't get the Trial for the Electric Laboratory, I need to defeat the Mechanical Monstrosity "using only the tesla coil in the lab after it is activated".

Maybe I just don't remember the boss fight correctly but don't you always use the Tesla Coil AFTER it is activated (since that's when the creature tries to heal itself) by pressing the floor button and in doing so stop the boss from regaining health?

Edit : Even after just playing the level, I don't understand, after the first time the boss healed itself(which I think cannot be prevented) the trial failed.Do I need to lure him under the tesla coil before the boss activates it himself?

run around and get him to use the lightning which stalls him from chasing after you for a second. When he is in the spot he heels hit the trigger on the floor and the red light will hit him, dealing damage. just do this a couple times to drain his energy.

run around and get him to use the lightning which stalls him from chasing after you for a second. When he is in the spot he heels hit the trigger on the floor and the red light will hit him, dealing damage. just do this a couple times to drain his energy.

So I need to activate the tesla coil myself instead of waiting for the boss to it?

Ok but then do I still need to hit him until close to the heal or will activating the tesla coil 3 times kill him regardless of how much damage I have dealed myself?

And one little thing Kyai, not really important for gaining achievements, but still :

In Chapter XI, Part 1 (Necromancer's Abyss) you don't fight Death yet, just 2 of his Necromancers.

Edited by BullZeye

Kyai, for the Brauner trial, it absolutely will reset the counter if he throws it and it misses you. Also, I posted the exact timing in a post a little farther up the page. Feel free to pick parts of my probably overly long post out if you want, but it's a bit more clear than what you have (no offense meant, naturally).