The Official Skyrim Bitching Thread.

Iceman9482

love the game so far, the only thing that drives me nuts is getting over encumbered all the time and have to travel back to town 2-3 times in a dungeon for most dungeons. then getting tired of selling things every 5 minutes so i put all the stuff i wanted to sell in a barrel, then one time i go back randomly having everything gone, cool i read in a loading screen you might be missing stuff if you store it in a place that you dont own but id like to see the thief carrying over 2000 pounds of crap i had in that barrel lol (i didnt own a house at the time because i didnt do main quest was just walking around clearing out places. better believe i own a house now)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having to unlock perks you don't want to unlock the perks you do want further down the line. Don't see why we can't just pick and choose as long as they keep the level requirement there...

At first, I actually thought that we could unlock whichever perks we wanted, but as I progress in leveling up, it seems that we can't just pick and choose.

I would like to be able to make Dragon Armor without having to spend all my perks on the rest in the list. I'd really like to invest my perks on things that give me advantage, like increase weapon damage, armor protection, and sneak kill bonuses.

My only gripe is the American accents, no offense intended to any americans but it would of been better with Nordic/Scandinavian accents, i half expect a character to say "sup dude, there's a douche over in lake yorgrim who's been dissing my sister, i want you to get over there and kick his butt" ;)

And I chuckled

I really hate how most of the chests in dungeons and such aren't locked. I like lockpicking in this game. Much better system than in Oblivion. But, I never get to use it! I'm not a thief type so I don't tend to break into people's houses. Even if I'm looting a house where I've had to kill everyone in it during a quest, they never bothered to lock their chests and I can just open them right up, no problem. It's kind of disappointing.

awsome game or so i thought ive gotten quite far into the main story line and decide to take a break to complete the theives guild quest line (as stealing, lockpicking and generally sneaking around is sweet in elder scrolls games) i get 3 quests in and i belive it has glitched on me, i didnt get the next quest even though i got told i need to speak to some one and that some one isn't were they are ment to be.

its not quite game breaking beacause of the vast amounts of other stuff to do in the game, but it's super annoying that i cant finish one of the main parts of the game.

if anyone knows of a walkaround and or a fix for this bug please let me know.

and i dont want to go back to a previous saved game because i have done loads of the side missions for the theives guild.

and so others dont get caught out i found out that i happens after the 3rd quest for the theives guild and you need to go through all the dialouge with the quest giver (make sure you do a save before speaking with him) and if it dosent pop up in the top left corner of the screen that you have a new quest load an old save and try again

awsome game or so i thought ive gotten quite far into the main story line and decide to take a break to complete the theives guild quest line (as stealing, lockpicking and generally sneaking around is sweet in elder scrolls games) i get 3 quests in and i belive it has glitched on me, i didnt get the next quest even though i got told i need to speak to some one and that some one isn't were they are ment to be.

its not quite game breaking beacause of the vast amounts of other stuff to do in the game, but it's super annoying that i cant finish one of the main parts of the game.

if anyone knows of a walkaround and or a fix for this bug please let me know.

and i dont want to go back to a previous saved game because i have done loads of the side missions for the theives guild.

and so others dont get caught out i found out that i happens after the 3rd quest for the theives guild and you need to go through all the dialouge with the quest giver (make sure you do a save before speaking with him) and if it dosent pop up in the top left corner of the screen that you have a new quest load an old save and try again

You're not the only one with glitched quests. I can't do Waking Nightmare, as Erandur has vanished inside the chapel, leaving the hidden door closed behind him.

well i am not that far along in the game, just got the quest for "the golden claw." i made it all the way to that puzzle with the symbols, and it says i need the claw.. :(

then i realized it was burried in that guys dead body, the one who fleed right after you cut him out of those webs. i would have to go all the way back and if i remember correct he was lying right next to a booby trap. lol, facepalm. i was trying to spin that puzzle for like 30m before i thought of wtf the "golden claw" actually was.

• 1 month later...

Can't really say there is a lot to bitch about in Skyrim, it is just that good!

If I had to 'nit-pick' I would say that the Encumbrance system for carrying items is a bit tedious at times.

Also a touch of really nasty lag here and there.

I know there are a few bugs and glitches here and there that people have had problems with but beyond that it is just a great game!

I do like Skyrim a lot but the gameplay can be very tedious at times. Constantly having to bring up the favorites menu to switch between items kind of sucks. I find that I have to do it way too much. Maybe I'm just playing the game wrong. Also, being weighted down or over encumbered is my other main gripe with the game. You can't just go out and do quests without constantly having to return to the town where you have your house to sell/store stuff.

well i am not that far along in the game, just got the quest for "the golden claw." i made it all the way to that puzzle with the symbols, and it says i need the claw.. :(

then i realized it was burried in that guys dead body, the one who fleed right after you cut him out of those webs. i would have to go all the way back and if i remember correct he was lying right next to a booby trap. lol, facepalm. i was trying to spin that puzzle for like 30m before i thought of wtf the "golden claw" actually was.

not sure how this is a bitch...The game tells you what to do with white arrows pointing where you need to go....

Seems really hard to mess up.

I do like Skyrim a lot but the gameplay can be very tedious at times. Constantly having to bring up the favorites menu to switch between items kind of sucks. I find that I have to do it way too much. Maybe I'm just playing the game wrong

You can set 2 of your favorites to the left and right buttons so you dont have to keep stopping and and looking through the menu.

Also, being weighted down or over encumbered is my other main gripe with the game. You can't just go out and do quests without constantly having to return to the town where you have your house to sell/store stuff.

There are lots of ways to increase the amount you can carry. Getting Stamina when you level up increases the amount. The steed stone gives 100 extra carry weight and removes the weight of armour you are wearing. You can also enchant items to let you carry more. One of the skills has a perk that lets you carry another 100. There are potions for a temporary boost ...

You can set 2 of your favorites to the left and right buttons so you dont have to keep stopping and and looking through the menu.

I have my bows hot keyed. I still have to do it every time I want to use a potion or change a piece of armor or jewelry. Imo it would have been cool if they let you hot key a full loadout instead of just one item.

There are lots of ways to increase the amount you can carry. Getting Stamina when you level up increases the amount. The steed stone gives 100 extra carry weight and removes the weight of armour you are wearing. You can also enchant items to let you carry more. One of the skills has a perk that lets you carry another 100. There are potions for a temporary boost ...

Is the steed stone one of the standing stones? I don't believe that one was added to my map when the others were. I need to find it.

I know about the others you mentioned. The Extra Pockets perk was one of the first ones I went for once I realized how important it was.

I have a set of boots now that increases my carry weight by 40, which is really ony 31 because they weigh 9. I've already tried to learn that enchantment and use it on a different set of boots but my current level doesn't allow me to get it back to a 40 or even a 30. I'm only a level 28 atm but I've leveled my Enchantment perk to a 75 already and I still can't get it that high. Well, maybe now I could if I used an Enchanter's Philter.

You're still going to end up over encumbered if you don't keep returning to a town and sell/store your stuff. Maybe I would feel comfortable enough to do a second quest without returning if I had that steed stone blessing.

Oh and why is there no type of confirmation when you find one of the treasures? I'm almost certain that I found the Treasure IV but I have no real way of knowing.

Is the steed stone one of the standing stones? I don't believe that one was added to my map when the others were. I need to find it.

It is west of Solitude. I find it to be one of the more useful stones. Especially if your wearing heavy armour and dont have the weightless perk.

Oh and why is there no type of confirmation when you find one of the treasures? I'm almost certain that I found the Treasure IV but I have no real way of knowing.

If you are talking about the Treasure Maps, they do not work. Should be patched some time soon ... hopefully :)

It is west of Solitude. I find it to be one of the more useful stones. Especially if your wearing heavy armour and dont have the weightless perk.

Lol I didn't even know there was a weightless perk. I haven't been to too many places. I'm trying to clear up a bunch of the quests from Whiterun before I move on. I feel it will be easier to keep track of what I'm doing. I was in Windhelm and Markarth briefly. Other than that I have only been to the smaller villages.

If you are talking about the Treasure Maps, they do not work. Should be patched some time soon ... hopefully :)

What do you mean exactly when you say they don't work? I found some really cool loot in a chest right where I thought the treasure for Treasure Map IV should have been. Then right after I found that treasure I found Treasure Map III in a different chest. Don't know if that was coincidence or not.

Edited by IIISETIII

What do you mean exactly when you say they don't work? I found some really cool loot in a chest right where I thought the treasure for Treasure Map IV should have been. Then right after I found that treasure I found Treasure Map III in a different chest. Don't know if that was coincidence or not.

I have 6 maps but didnt find the treasure for them yet. Patch 1.2 apparently broke them (chests would not spawn)... Maybe patch 1.3 fixed them tho? I dunno ... I havent checked myself since.

You could create a spell in Oblivion to do it. Sadly that got thrown out of the window for Skyrim.

The goddamn glitchy items! Ive lost many unique items that I've collected throughout my playtime to falling through the floor of my house! Have a nice display of Dragon Claws but now im missing one. The Emerald Dragon Claw fell through floor; as did the unique Statue of Dibella and many other items! I might as well never decorate my houses in a Bethesda game!

There are a few gripes I have with the game, but overall, Bethesda have done a great job. Bad accents yes, but at least its better than a lot of games. Magic has taken a backstep with a poor selection of spells, and not being able to make your own does suck. Guilds questlines are way too short as well. But these are my main issues. Loved everything else really. Don't even mind that Skyrim is slightly smaller than Cyrodiil. Still had fun exploring. Definitely the best game I've played since Portal 2.

My problem is that it still feels like they didn't play test this game at all on 360. Quests are still bugged to hell and the game feels so broken. For example, on one misc quest you are suppose to "Help Slveni Nethri escape the cave." But she won't leave. She goes to the exit and stands there with her weapon drawn. I've tried everything to get her out, but if you approach her you automatically leave the area through the brilliant "approach the exit" mechanic they added. What was wrong with pressing A?

Ive also came across the Selveni Nethri bug, what a bunch of BS.

• 1 month later...