How long is Episode 1?

jae200

I was just curious, I haven't seen anyone mention how long it takes to play through episode 1. I'd assume fairly short for 400 points. Is there much replay value? Though, I'm not sure how much I'd want to replay it with such a boring achievement list.

Takes 2-3 hours to finish. There are a lot of different choices you can make which change the outcome of the game so it does have some replay value but there's no achievements for a second playthrough.

The game was great though and for 400 points I'd definitely recommend it.

It's a good game which can be completed in 2-3 hours. But the ONLY good thing about the game is the graphics and the story. IMO the game play is piss poor. You move slowly. Don't really get to do any shooting etc... If it wasn't for the story I doubt anyone could enjoy this game. :uzi:

as far as the comics go, They focus mainly on story. while there is so heavy action, it is usually reserved to forward the story or as a climax. expect to see more :uzi: in later episodes.

Took me just over 2 hours but i had already played on PSN, so knew exactly what to do just picked different decisions.

The gameplay in this is perfect in my opinion, creates tense situations in which you don't have much time to decide and i am glad it focuses on the story and characters.

Don't always need a gun in my hand or constant action to enjoy a game, i appreciate a refreshing approach especially in the horror genre.

Personally, I'd prefer more story and less action. I haven't actually read the comic books, sorry... "graphic novels" and am basing my knowledge off the tv show. They'll go an entire episode with only like 2 zombies in the whole thing.... If you want action, pop in Left 4 Dead.

Totally agree.

It's a good game which can be completed in 2-3 hours. But the ONLY good thing about the game is the graphics and the story. IMO the game play is piss poor. You move slowly. Don't really get to do any shooting etc... If it wasn't for the story I doubt anyone could enjoy this game. :uzi:

Have you ever played a Tell Tale game before?(Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Sam & Max, etc.) I'd assume not if you expected the gameplay to be any different. The story is great so far, the art style is perfect, and the controls(gameplay) is as expected, point & click, personally, I have not complaints. I can't wait for the new episode.

There are a lot of different choices you can make which change the outcome of the game so it does have some replay value

I wonder if your choices in Ep1 affect episode 2 etc. That could add a lot of gameplay if you restart at ep1 and use different choices through the 5 episodes.

Edited by Happy Ronin NZ

I wonder if your choices in Ep1 affect episode 2 etc. That could add a lot of gameplay if you restart at ep1 and use different choices through the 5 episodes.

of course they do, theres the obvious of who lives and who dies but just by watching the "next time on walking dead" clip after you finish the episode they make direct references to some of the things you did

But the ONLY good thing about the game is the graphics and the story. IMO the game play is piss poor. You move slowly. Don't really get to do any shooting etc... If it wasn't for the story I doubt anyone could enjoy this game. :uzi:

The game play isn't "piss poor", it's an "adventure game" which is basically "point-and-click".

It's not a shooter game. I know the zombies may have misled you, but it's not the genre you think it is.

Point and click games are solely about story and puzzles (or puzzle in the sense of figuring out where to go to progress).

It's not the gameplay, it's just that you went in with the wrong expectations, thinking it was a different kind of game.

Tons of people like this genre.

What? :eek: So, is the 1st episode 400msp and the rest are too? Or am I missreading this?

I thought the WHOLE game was 400msp.

Not to sound like a jerk, but I don't know how you could have expected that.

$5 for 3 hours of gameplay and 100GS.

$25 for presumably 15 hours of gameplay and 500GS.

There was no chance you were going to get 15 hours of gameplay and 500GS for $5.

Rather than looking at it as an arcade game, think of it more as a budget priced retail game. It's basically half a retail game.

Or consider the fact that MINECRAFT is $20 and only has 400GS.

The gameplay in this is perfect in my opinion, creates tense situations in which you don't have much time to decide and i am glad it focuses on the story and characters.

Don't always need a gun in my hand or constant action to enjoy a game, i appreciate a refreshing approach especially in the horror genre.

completely agree with you