The sure fire way to beat the flamethrower dude on hard

uh oh its renaud

I guess I fail hardcore...I've re-read this thread several times, he keeps getting me into his flamethrower combos even if I let him rest for a second, or two seconds, it's like if I go to fast he throws me, I go to slow he flames me, or he just starts spamming the fireballs that kill me...ugh...I'll do it..but I wanted to vent my frustration.

maladar - using a focus dodge, if you have enough focus can help you avoid these - or just dash parallel to the fireball perhaps

i'm being owned by the last stage, where he creates the two rings - my jump timing is off - i'm getting frustrated! ;)

regards

phil

EDIT: has anyone else noticed the cheapness of this guy - i mean seriously - a flamethrower, that constant streams, fireballs and causes shockwaves - hell i want one! additionally he can melee with it without bursting the cannister....

ANOTHER EDIT: well finally i have defeated this bastard and i'm proud of my happy-dance even if everyone else just finds it embarassing

Edited by vetteindreams

• 1 month later...

The best tactics for beating the flamethrower boss on hard is:

The first time round he uses his flamethrower, as he starts to move the flames one way you come in from the opposite direction hit him twice with Y button and jump out of the way, you should get him to his second stage without getting hit.

On his second stage, he uses like fire rockets and a jump attack that has an area of effect damage, best thing to do is stay relativly close to him, so he doesnt fire the rocket things, when he jumps up, jump over the ring of fire and Y button him twice, repeat this until he goes into stage 3.

This time round he uses his rocket jump but theres 3 rings of fire, each one can kill you outright, best thing to do is stay back, so the first 2 rings fade out before they hit you, on his 3rd ring attack from the air run towards him, time your jump and hit him with Y button and jump out of the way, if you stay closehe will rocket jump, just run away and repeat the method.

• 2 weeks later...

your SURE FIRE way 2 beat this guy is bogus and DOES NOT WORK. You cant just run in and hit him with Y and run out because he hits you before you even get to him and and on top of the his flame works in 2 ways. one being its a straight shot or he goes in a half circle. ive tried running in and running in circles and it dosent work either way. So again your ways do not work and ive been doing it 4 almost 2 hours now and ive only blown up his tank twice and cant get away from his bullshit flame shot that always seems to hit you no matter what. Anybody else have an SURE FIRE WAYS to beat this guy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
First of all you can all thank me in advance because the flamethrower guy is a biznitch on hard mode.

the trick to it is all you really have to do is rush him as soon as you can, avoid his fire once, hit him with the y button while you are dashing so you do a running slash then he will be stunned for a second allowing you to hit him two more times (he then smashes you with his gun and you go flying back) or instead you can wait for him to recover and then running slash him again, wait untill he recovers again then running y button slash again and just keep repeating.

so basically you run in running slash him, give him 2 seconds to recover running slash again repeat repeat repeat.... he wont even get one attack off. after the first part of him is done he will change his moves up but the trick still works just give him a second to recover and hit him with the slash again. this makes him the easiest boss in the game instead of the second hardest

This seriously saved my life.....

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...