Things You Hate About JV DLC

PhyscoticScot

personally i think 2K Czech did a pretty decent job or their first released title.

You do know that they also made the first Mafia game, don't you? And about 20 other games? These guys have been around for over a decade; they were just bought by 2K.

well still they might have not took the story everywhere where you wanted to go but they still tried there best to make you feel like you are in New York.

You mean, aside from the huge amount of Chicago and San Francisco influence?

they also broke new ground by introducing the much-anticipated 'scrubbing urinals' gaming activity.

Ever play Indigo Prophecy?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dot point time, in no particular order, they are all hates:

** the timer, every mission, yay - surely they could have had an arcade mode without it

** the anger level of the police

** new soundtracks, the thousand miles is a long way and i would have thought they could have helped

** the thousand miles, i have only seen this in pure driving games

** the useless city-points, why are you here?

ok i feel loads better now

I didn't have much complaints about the dlc until yesterday.

I started to load up the game I started on easy, I had around 880,000 points and around 500 miles driving time clocked. I'd only replayed a handful of missions so I had a lot of opportunity to get my final 120,000 pts. As I loaded my game up a message popped up saying "loading failed. Press b to cancel". And still won't load up today and will probably have to start again! Points is bad enough but it's the driving miles that is really pissing me off.

So my complaint is that I payed (as we all did) 800 ms points for something that is actually fucking broken, and broke my save at the end of the day and feel well and truely ripped off!

I didn't have much complaints about the dlc until yesterday.

I started to load up the game I started on easy, I had around 880,000 points and around 500 miles driving time clocked. I'd only replayed a handful of missions so I had a lot of opportunity to get my final 120,000 pts. As I loaded my game up a message popped up saying "loading failed. Press b to cancel". And still won't load up today and will probably have to start again! Points is bad enough but it's the driving miles that is really pissing me off.

So my complaint is that I payed (as we all did) 800 ms points for something that is actually fucking broken, and broke my save at the end of the day and feel well and truely ripped off!

I feel for you brother.........the only advice I have is the standards:

1) Delete the game from your hard drive and re-download it

2) Clear your hard drive's cache....I don't know how to do this exactly, but just google it

Good Luck

I hate that stupid 1000 miles achievement.

Small city combined with police chasing you after going over 65 = major frustration. Atleast include some place we can go to drive around without worrying about police, like a race track or something.

I didn't have a problem with any other parts of JV, although the patch has made my game freeze up more than a few times.

On another note i think Jimmy looks like Frank Butcher.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/75/Frank_butcher222.jpg/230px-Frank_butcher222.jpg

HAHAHA..... thank you i nearly pissed myself.(there is an outfit in game that looks similar to what he is wearing in that pic)

JV will never be the same again for me.

PAAAAAATTTT!

• 4 weeks later...

having to redo achievements that I had already unlocked needed to recover

my profile it was corrupt somehow download it checked xbox.com first everything there that I had start downloading profile watch some tv go back to 360 playboy ,headshot,blow up 100 cars and finish a mission and x10 multi all of which I had unlocked became locked again piss take

same crap happened to me with the Simpsons game unlocked them all in the correct order download profile after it was corrupt somehow everyone cam back in wrong order

now iv got simpsons in wrong order and jv out of order due to ms

the 1000 miles is like the biggest joke for 10g that iv ever seen

just need the headshots and blow up 100 cars ill start a new game again on another save to get them both even though iv done it once already :mad:

could be worse I suppose i could have to do the bastardised no fighting in the war room on vet on cod 4 again ..

My pet peeve is the fact that I have to drive 1000 miles. I have done that in real life, driving to Scotland and back, it was not fun. I can get over the 1K miles if everytime I had to stop for gas it didn't freeze.

This brings me to nicely to another thing. Why do I have to fill my car up every 20 to 30 minutes. I don't have to do that for my car.

Also wanted posters are really meant to be stuck up in places where people can see them.

Apart from this I love the game - apart from cops.

GODDAMN SPAWNING POLICE

• 3 weeks later...

800MS is too much for this DLC. The game freezes after completing storyline, what is interrupting your way to the 1000 miles. But you can fix that with loading up your gamertag and your gamesave on an usb stick (still annoying). Storyline is ok, but not really entertaining. At least this DLC offers free roam :)

Edited by Nima Astrouskij

• 1 month later...

the story sucks.

the copious ammount of pigs!

1000 miles cheevo.

1000000 points cheevo.

and the level im on now which is so impossibly hard its unreal. where you have to destroy four cars on the irish missions. you destroy the first one and you get swarmed by irishmen and cops and die straightaway then have to start the fucking mission from the beginning everytime because theres no checkpoints. simply put this DLC sucks donkey ass!!!!!!!

EDIT: i would like to point out that i wrote this straight after getting my ass repeatedly handed to me on a mission and was very pissed off. ive just started a new game on easy and have to say im quite enjoying it. but ill leave what i posted alone because its mostly true.

Edited by Scotty

• 2 weeks later...
My pet peeve is the fact that I have to drive 1000 miles. I have done that in real life, driving to Scotland and back, it was not fun. I can get over the 1K miles if everytime I had to stop for gas it didn't freeze.

This brings me to nicely to another thing. Why do I have to fill my car up every 20 to 30 minutes. I don't have to do that for my car.

Also wanted posters are really meant to be stuck up in places where people can see them.

Apart from this I love the game - apart from cops.

GODDAMN SPAWNING POLICE

New pet peeve.

I posted this over 3 months ago and I still get freezing. Why don't they ever sort out issues before releasing new DLC.

Happy Joes adventures is half price atm though.

This DLC has one good thing - and that's the beutiful, huge, living city, which ALMOST makes it a "okay" game. And this good "thing" already exists in the main game!

Yeah, the rest kind of sucks. Just started the DLC after playing Joe's Adventure, which is a much better option, and well... after 250/250 (which I hopefully will get a beutiful day..) I will never play Jimmy's Vendetta again. Probably.