Achievement Guide

pacokorn77

There is yet another collectible that may cause you to start anew. In the light purple area, on the far right, you will see an area that looks like a giant 'E'. Here is a section of the map -courtesy Joystiq - that will explain:

The collectible in question is in the yellow box. According to their legend, this is a passkey. There are no destructible areas around it, so I assume it is in the elevator shaft above the elevator itself. There is a way underneath the elevator to bring to the ground floor, but the only way that I can see to get back to the top is to traverse across the lake above. Problem is, get too far in the game, and you won't be able to traverse the lake, due to the final boss battle. So it seems you should clear out the purple area before getting to far ahead of yourself to be on the safe side. And no, I do not have this one myself. If anyone knows how to get it without going across the lake, please let me know.

This could be considered the second most tedious achievement.

This may have been commented on, but I was too lazy to read the thread (I know, bad on me) but you CAN get this passkey without crossing the lake.

Simply get under the elevator as stated above, then blow out one (or both) purple hatches with the foam. Now start the elevator down and quickly jump in the vent. Once it's passed jump on top and take it to the top, there are two yellow vents, the passkey is in one of them (forgot which one, doesn;t matter, explore both).

I beat this game before getting my 100% with just 1 aquired passkey and at just 74%, so you CAN go back and get everything you need for 100%.

Also, you should make mention that there is a passkey in the same room as the scuba mask. If you got the mask and not the key, there won't be a "?" for the room. So double back and pick it up.

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minimalist is confusing the hell out of me.

I just completed the game with 14%. I got the needed stuff besides for the gold bar you need to get.

When you say skip helm and gun, can you give a bit more detail. Is the helm what allow you to breathe underwater, and which gun? The final one (shotgun) like weapon. I tried to avoid it but the damn thing forced me to get that... looking back at it, the gun put me at 13% and had I known to go to the lake I would have been able to avoid it.

I also believe it put me at 14%... so theoretically you can have every single part of the suit (including the helm) so long as you do not pick up the final rifle.

From my understanding, the "helm" is the Fusion Helmet. The SCHCA Mask is exactly that, a mask. The gun, however, is beyond me. He gave a fairly decent tip, but as I'm reading over the day's worth of posts, I'm finding better methods, and I'll be updating accordingly.

I'll try my best to explain this one myself. You do NOT actually have to go all the way around to get this passkey, you don't even have to leave the elevator shaft. However you come to it, you need the elevator to be on the bottom and then get underneath of it. Ride it up from underneath and then shoot out the two vents on the sides. Still hanging on to the bottom of the elevator, start it going down and immediately let go to drop and hang onto one of the two vents just below where you are. Climb into whichever vent you fall on and let the elevator pass by, climb out and ride the elevator to the top. There is then a decent length of tunnel to climb through but you can get to it easily enough. If you take the same route back then it's the same idea, instead you'll start the elevator going up and then climb back into a vent and let the elevator pass by.

THANK YOU!!!!

Just finished Minimalist at 11%. Here are all the items I got by the end of the game.

INVENTORY

WEAPONS

-Climbing Gear

-CLD Thrust Pack

-Omega Armor XOS-7

-SCHCA Mask

-Friction Dampener

EQUIPMENT

-Flashlight

-WSAR60 Coil Rifle

-Grenade

-Missile

-Foam

PICKUPS

Health Upgrades 0/8

Armor Upgrades 0/8

Grenade Packs 1/30

Foam Packs 1/20

Missile Packs 1/20

Gold Bars 1/12

Passkeys 0/12

When you check your screens, this is what you should have if you wanna be safe and beat it at 11%.

Awesome. I'll be sure to add this, and cite you.

This may be repeating another post, sorry (haven't read the full thread).

Bomba Punta is boostable. Get to a save point, preferably with nearby Bombas. Let the game save, go out, punt the bomba (if it's on a wall, shoot it down), return to save point to save your game. Pause and Load Last Save. Rinse and repeat.

This can also be done for Lets Get Punchy and My Head A-splode

Neat tip. I'll make a note of it.

I thought there was a "+ New Game" option? I don't need to worry about losing my Level if I choose "New Game"?

There is, as I just learned this today (with the help of an IGN forum thread and a PM from a user here). The New Game+ will only carry over your XP Level and Experience, as well as bonuses associated with the levels (full map unlock, infinite ammo) and the golden guns. You WILL LOSE all collected items (ammo expansion, health, weapons, etc). Basically:

"Keep your level and bonuses, lose all your inventory."

For leveling up faster, you can add this video to your guide if you like:

YouTube - Shadow Complex - Easy Experience

If it weren't for how blurry it is, this would be awesome. I can't tell what the hell is going on at all (except for where he is). He's talking about meleeing enemies to rack up the multiplier, then killing a Destroyer...I think. The text was too small on the imbedded video, and I didn't feel like opening a new tab. The biggest problem was that I couldn't tell how much XP he earned from doing that. But I'll add it, as it seems like a good method for now. If anyone wants to test this and see how much XP you earn - on a rough estimate - that would be great.

I just have a question regarding the unlockable gamer pictures, there is mine which I got for completing my suit, then theres the other 1 that has some red on the helmet you see on peoples gamer cards. Im just wondering how 2 unlock that 1.

The red helmet one (which I have right now) is unlocked by destroying the first spider-mech after you get the grenades. The second is getting all the suit pieces, as you said.

As for the other gamerpic, I had no idea, as I'm still missing the Fusion Helmet, and the associated 12 passkeys.

Not a glitch. You get infinite ammo on all weapons once you pick up all packs.

You can also earn infinite ammo with certain levels (30 - Grenades; 40 - Foam; 50 - Missiles).

Thank you to everyone who has been praising my guide. Being my first, I made sure to brush up on how other guides were made so my first AG didn't suck ass. I know it seems fairly convoluted for an XBLA game, so I'm in the process of slimming things down and getting the most important info across. I hope to god I don't run out of room and require a 3rd message. That would suck.

You should make a note on the completionist that the pulse gun IS missable and you need to pick it up before you go down and the building explodes. Also you can get infinite ammo for your weapons when you pick up all the packs so you can have that before you reach level 30-40.

You should make a note on the completionist that the pulse gun IS missable and you need to pick it up before you go down and the building explodes. Also you can get infinite ammo for your weapons when you pick up all the packs so you can have that before you reach level 30-40.

Again,this is where its weird for me.Just finished with 100% items and I only have infinite rockets.All the others are not infinite even though I have all packs.Its not a problem but just wanted to point out that it didn't work that way with me.

not much help with all those missing squares

I have a link to the map Joystiq made with all items listed, and not just '?' marks, but letters to signify what pickup is what. It's in the guide.

You say the Pulse Gun/Intertial Element is missable, but then you say you need to pick it up. Can you clarify?

Reaching those levels will allow you to gain infinite ammo for those weapons throughout your entire Shadow Complex career. You just need to get the item in the game to enable the infinite ammo.

[EDIT] Oh, and I'm nearly out of room for my guide. I've had to slim down MANY achievements on the second post, so if it looks like I omitted some crucial info, let me know and I'll try to edit it accordingly.

Edited by pacokorn77

Your last collectible will be during the final boss fight, which is the final grenade expansion. You might be able to earn it beforehand, but as of right now, you must go into the final boss fight to earn this achievement. The game does not save after you've beaten the game, so obtaining the grenade expansion won't do anything for you other than a refill and give you the achievement, if you have everything else.

I got all 30 grenade upgrades before I did the final boss fight. Dont exactly know how I did it, but you can do it.

Why does everyone say you can only get the final grenade expansion once you start the final boss fight? When I went through to get 100% it was to the left of the house on the lake. (I had just gotten the scuba mask so I could just swim down and get it.) I got 100% before I even got to the boss so now I can just run around anywhere I want exept for the exploding room.

Why does everyone say you can only get the final grenade expansion once you start the final boss fight? When I went through to get 100% it was to the left of the house on the lake. (I had just gotten the scuba mask so I could just swim down and get it.) I got 100% before I even got to the boss so now I can just run around anywhere I want exept for the exploding room.

Seeing as the grenade expansion shows up during the fight, I figured the expansion was hiding underneath the airship. I'll update. Thank you so much.

You say the Pulse Gun/Intertial Element is missable, but then you say you need to pick it up. Can you clarify?

It's missable because if you don't pick it up before you go down to the room that explodes on you there is no way of getting back in that area to get it. I finished the game with 99% items and had to start a new game because I couldn't get back in that area. Not really that big of deal since you have to play the game multiple times anyways to get everything, just trying to let others know about it.

Gotcha.

Well, just letting everyone know, I submitted both the Road Map and Achievement Guide off for approval, and, if everything goes accordingly, it'll be up on the site shortly.

And please, rate my guide appropriately. I know this guide doesn't deserve a 1/5 stars, and I have a pretty good idea who gave it the only rating...

Something about that exploding room you should note:

People are making a bit too much fuss about the exploding room. The cut scene won't trigger if you just go into the room. You have to get to the top of the control bridge in order to trigger the cut scene which then makes the room explode.

Yea, I actually noticed that. But I really don't understand what the big problem is. The game points you to the Inertial Element before sending you downstairs to the dome room. I even got all the squares in that room uncovered before heading out while it was exploding.

Nice. Thanks.

So far, it's been roughly 4 days, and I'm starting to get worried. Their thread for submissions say "if we don't accept it, we won't let you know," which pretty much sucks.

Anyone - who has submitted a guide and has had it published - know what the "normal" waiting period is? I don't want to jump the gun and post it it again, or even give it another go-over and make any possible revisions when I might not need to.

[EDIT] Added another YouTube video (my own) that adds onto the XP trick, and takes your multiplier to the MAX (10x). Hello achievement!

Edited by pacokorn77