Not getting "Oblivion Walker"

thormario

Yeah, another topic about this. I have been googling my ass off to sort this out without results. This forum has many threads with helpful members, who surely must be tired of these topics.

Anyhow, I really can't see why I'm not granted the achievement. The stats tells me I've finished 15 deadric quests, and I have all the items in a chest in my home.

Wabbajack

Ebony Mail

Ebony Blade

Sanguine Rose

Azura Star

Dawnbreaker

Mace of Molag Bal

Masque of C. Vile

Mehrunes' Razor

Oghma Infinium

Ring of Namira

Savior's Hide

Skull of Corruption

Spellbreaker

Volundrung

None of the respective quests remains in the list of active quests.

I've restarted the game without any luck. I had a marathon today, and when I was turning in the last quest I was met with nothing but disappointment.

Any solutions?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, another topic about this. I have been googling my ass off to sort this out without results. This forum has many threads with helpful members, who surely must be tired of these topics.

Anyhow, I really can't see why I'm not granted the achievement. The stats tells me I've finished 15 deadric quests, and I have all the items in a chest in my home.

Wabbajack

Ebony Mail

Ebony Blade

Sanguine Rose

Azura Star

Dawnbreaker

Mace of Molag Bal

Masque of C. Vile

Mehrunes' Razor

Oghma Infinium

Ring of Namira

Savior's Hide

Skull of Corruption

Spellbreaker

Volundrung

None of the respective quests remains in the list of active quests.

I've restarted the game without any luck. I had a marathon today, and when I was turning in the last quest I was met with nothing but disappointment.

Any solutions?

The book does not count.

The book counts, but only AFTER you read it, and it disappears. Counter-intuitive, I know.

People seem split about whether the Skeleton Key counts, but I go the achievement after getting 15 including the key, so I'd say it probably does...

On the other hand, I used a bug to get both the Savior's Hide AND Hircine's Ring from Ill Met by Moonlight, so it may be because they both counted... nobody seems entirely clear on THAT, either.

One thing I CAN tell you is that the achievement triggers from 'Completing 15 Daedric quests resulting in receiving a Daedric Artifact', rather than specifically OWNING 15 such artifacts. It triggered for me after completing 'The Cursed Tribe', but BEFORE picking up the Volendrung.

Don't listen to these people, everyone is fucking clueless about this at the moment. Bethesda have no idea, PC users have searched the console for it, and idiots keep going over the traces telling us to do the things we already fucking knew.

This is bullshit and it affects a very small number of people. I did all 15, finished the Thieves Guild, and tried a multitude of different ways to no avail. My guess is to glitch Hircine's Quest, as that's the only way for people like us to get it now. If you don't have that save anymore, you'll need to start over.

This was my third time and I used UESP, X360A and TA to assure me of getting the Achievement and NOTHING!!!

Fuck it, I know I did everything perfectly and for some reason, a handful of us get screwed for this Achievement. I still can't figure out the cause though.

My last 2 Daedric Quests were Vaermina's and then Namira's btw. Which ones were your last ones?

My last two were Malacath's and Vaermina's, and I got the achievement after Malacath's. But like I said, I bugged my way into getting both the Savior's Hide and Hircine's Ring, and some claim that doing so does, in fact, count for two. So it's possible that one of my earlier artifacts didn't count. Or that the achievement is just mistuned to actually trigger on 16 instead of 15...

Incidentally, several of the Daedric Quests are quite nasty... which did you think were worst? I got somewhat nauseous from Namira's quest... which, I suppose, stands to reason considering that Namira is the Daedric Prince of Decay and Revulsion.

My last quests was The Only Cure (Peryite) and Boethiah's Calling if I recall correctly (I am at work now, and since I had a marathon yesterday, I might be mixing it up, but I'm pretty sure I got that right).

I did check out guides as I went, but did not pay attention to what order I should finish the quests in. It shouldn't be necessary as long as I have all the items required. Also, I tend to keep my save files clean, having only one (or sometimes two in case I wonder if I might have screwed it up), so I don't have the option to go back.

It's really frustrating, as I have been going for all 60 achievements, and this is one of the last I need.

You know that feeling when you have played your ass off to get an achievement, and when you're done, and are eagerly looking forward to achievement notice, it doesn't appear? Bethesda may have killed some of my passion yesterday.

Edit: Is this thing a result of some update to the game? A guy I'm working with got the achievement without any trouble couple of months ago, so I was thinking that if I uninstall all updates, maybe I will get the achievement?

Edited by thormario

My last two were Malacath's and Vaermina's, and I got the achievement after Malacath's. But like I said, I bugged my way into getting both the Savior's Hide and Hircine's Ring, and some claim that doing so does, in fact, count for two. So it's possible that one of my earlier artifacts didn't count. Or that the achievement is just mistuned to actually trigger on 16 instead of 15...

Incidentally, several of the Daedric Quests are quite nasty... which did you think were worst? I got somewhat nauseous from Namira's quest... which, I suppose, stands to reason considering that Namira is the Daedric Prince of Decay and Revulsion.

Well, Namira's and Vaermina's were the primary ones I hated. Erandur deserved to live and Namira's is, like you said, nasty.

That said, I am a Werewolf now and it's way better and more enjoyable than I'd imagined.

@thormario : Yeah, I know about that frustration. I'm just finishing up Dawnguard now and all I'll have left is Oblivion Walker. If the Hircine glitch also doesn't work for me, I'll snap the fucking disc over my knee.

600+ hours, no joke. 3 playthroughs. I should have this Achievement by now.

According to this list, the Skeleton Key doesn't count...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Daedric_Artifacts

And yet...

The skeleton key belongs to Nocturnal, a Daedric Prince. Oblivion Walker unlocked for me when I obtained it, so it definitely counts.

Which is why I said...

People seem split about whether the Skeleton Key counts.

Considering the philosophical difficulty inherent in proving a negative, however, I'm inclined to trust in Direkin. If just one person gets the achievement after obtaining the Skeleton Key, that proves that it counts. Even if others have FAILED to get it after obtaining the Skeleton Key, that just indicated that the achievement is unpredictably bugged.

@Black Dragon...I haven't gotten this achievement yet but I've been working on it the past few days. I have 4 quests left to get it...or try to get it.

And you're right, it seems odd the Skyrim site says one thing but people have proved it can be obtained otherwise. I'll post what happens to me, when I do the quests that are left.

Since Skeleton Key is my last hope, I'll have to hope for the achievement with the help of that artifact. I will post the result here, since the discussion is running.

Anyways, I want to thank you all for trying to help. It's nice to see players stick together, even though we can't help Bethesda that (seemingly) has f'ed this up pretty badly.

Edit: Getting the Skeleton Key did noy help.

Edited by thormario

Since Skeleton Key is my last hope, I'll have to hope for the achievement with the help of that artifact. I will post the result here, since the discussion is running.

Anyways, I want to thank you all for trying to help. It's nice to see players stick together, even though we can't help Bethesda that (seemingly) has f'ed this up pretty badly.

Edit: Getting the Skeleton Key did noy help.

Sounds like it's bugged for you. Sorry dude... :(

Edited by Direkin

So, the achievement didn't twig after you got Hircine's Ring, but it popped up after you got the Savior's Hide? I suppose that DOES prove that 'double dipping' in Hircine's quest counts for 2 as far as the achievement is concerned.

Which is interesting, because that means that I had 16 Daedric Artifacts (as far as I can count) by the time I got my Oblivion Walker achievement. Hmm. Based on that alone, I'd say that the achievement is actually set to 16 rather than 15, or that one of the other artifacts didn't count... but there are so many different reports about this, the most likely explanation is "It's just randomly, chaotically, screwed-up." :(

I had to "double dip" on the ring/hide because I missed one. But even with that, I only had 15. I made a copy from a Skyrim site on what I'd get, from each quest and checked them off as I did them.

And like I said, no skeleton key. I haven't even started the Thieves Guild yet.

Edited by ChickinOnaChain

At the bottom of this link, it says even if you sell or lose the artifact, you'll get the achievement... http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Daedric_Artifacts

thanks but it still doesnt work. Iv heard that u have to make certine choices in order to get the cheevo so is this true cuz if it is im screwed:( i think if i can find where sinding went after i did the mission that sould be all 15 and i cant get the staff from downstar since that priest destroyed it so sinding is the only one i havent killed but iv finished the mission already and he took a right path but i cant seem to find him again does anybody know where he is or am i screwed?

Edited by Darkforce412

Most likely, you're screwed. In Hircine's quest, either choice counts as a Daedric Artifact, but if you've made poor choices on some of the others (For example: Chosing to kill the dog in Clavicus Vile's quest, chosing to attack the cannibals in Namira's quest, letting the priest destroy the staff in Vaermina's quest), then getting both MIGHT save your bacon.

The general method for getting both artifacts from Hircine's quest is to first take the 'right' choice - side with Sindig, kill the hunters, then exit the cave where you encounter Hircine, and he rewards you with the ring. Then re-enter the cave and kill Sindig, causing Hircine to materialize AGAIN and award you the Savior's Hide.

However, if you wait too long, Sindig will most likely de-spawn. If you've returned to the cavern where the quest took place (Bloated Man's Grotto), and found it empty, then yeah - you're probably screwed. Don't sweat it, though - you've got plenty of company there. >_>

Most likely, you're screwed. In Hircine's quest, either choice counts as a Daedric Artifact, but if you've made poor choices on some of the others (For example: Chosing to kill the dog in Clavicus Vile's quest, chosing to attack the cannibals in Namira's quest, letting the priest destroy the staff in Vaermina's quest), then getting both MIGHT save your bacon.

The general method for getting both artifacts from Hircine's quest is to first take the 'right' choice - side with Sindig, kill the hunters, then exit the cave where you encounter Hircine, and he rewards you with the ring. Then re-enter the cave and kill Sindig, causing Hircine to materialize AGAIN and award you the Savior's Hide.

However, if you wait too long, Sindig will most likely de-spawn. If you've returned to the cavern where the quest took place (Bloated Man's Grotto), and found it empty, then yeah - you're probably screwed. Don't sweat it, though - you've got plenty of company there. >_>

oh man that really sucks hey thanks for responding:) guess i gotta start all over dam. wow just wow, i started all over picked up all 15 items made all the evil choices and still nothing. This is total bull crap.

Edited by Darkforce412

• 6 months later...