Kameo Time Attack A Rank Guide!

IceKingz

Please do not ask me for help on time attacks or any other Kameo achievements. When you have finished them you will understand why I do not want to do them again.

Before I start, the levels I'm covering are: Water Temple, Snow Temple, Thorn's Pass, Thorn's Airship and a very small portion of Forgotten Forest.

Me and a friend are going for these and I find it kind of crazy that there's ZERO guides on this stuff. Besides a topic that only talks about the first level I figured I'd skim the other levels for some general tips.

First off, here's rules we follow for nearly every level:

1 One person rushes the level, the other stays and get's focus in whatever spot is good.

2. Focus is the ONLY key. You can speed things up by using Kameo in fly or Thermite in shield mode to run faster but focus is crucial.

3. Trial and error is important. I figured there would be 'secret' paths to take but it's all straight forward: Go through the level ASAP and stay in focus.

Sadly that's about it. I'll cover some minor parts to help on each of the levels above. This guide isn't top notch but it should still help you enough to finish these wretched 0 GS Achieves.

Edited by IceKingz

Water Temple

Personal Difficulty:5/5

This is one of the hardest in my eyes only because there's basically no focus spots and it just requires swift work. There's virtually no secrets and this one had us shocked and we questioned if it was possible.

Key Points:

In the first fire troll room, kill the first 3 fire trolls asap and then position yourself along the circular platform in the middle so you are facing towards the water. When the trolls spawn, you and your partner can wash most of the trolls in the water for fast KOs. After that, one person kills the big troll and the other person get's ready to spin the water wheel.

After that area, both people rush to the single ship above water, both of you hurt it and then one person works their way up the tower as Major Ruin while the other person finishes the ship off.

At the battle of 4 ships, we had one person run over and kill the two boats and the other would run down and kill the underwater guys. Help each other out if someone is struggling and hope for a good run (this part doesn't have secrets but it's crucial for time to finish fast)

At the top of the tower you will see guys fighting, switch as Pummel Weed, get into focus by comboing 2 trolls and then switch to Kameo and fly to the finish.

The rest is all practice, when you can, just use Major Ruin or Kameo to rush through the hallways and have someone ready at the water wheels when they unlock for you to spray.

Edited by IceKingz

Snow Temple

Personal Difficulty 2/5

Probably the easiest one we tried. This one is very straightforward and every key point is obvious. When you can get into focus, do so. This level probably took us maybe 10 tries, give or take a few.

Key Points:

One both Walrus guys, switch to Chilla and free them ASAP THEN take out the archers and trolls using focus. The faster he get's free, the faster he breaks the doors down.

Use the eye of Strength to finish off the ice trolls faster with Ash or Pummelweed. Just speeds things up.

On the second Walrus, make sure one person runs ahead as Chilla to kill the 2 trolls on each side that will hurt the Walrus, the other person stays behind as Ash and kills any trolls that try to get near the Walrus. Every time he's hit, he pauses and wastes a couple of seconds.

Besides those little areas, pretty straightforward for a time attack level.

Edited by IceKingz

Thorns Pass

Personal Difficulty 6/5 (if possible)

I don't want to put water temple as a 4/5 because it's still very challenging but this one seemed to top water temple by a bit. We just beat this one today and to be honest this one is straightforward but it takes a lot of perfection. It seems there's VERY little room for error. (We finished with .82 to spare)

Key Points:

Beginning, switch to Thermite and switch the eye of strength on. Chuck his bombs at the troll 'till his head goes up and quickly switch to Chilla to finish up. After he's gone, switch to Thermite and use his shield to roll forward and initiate the cutscene. Meanwhile, switch to the eye of defence and the other partner stays back getting focus as Pummelweed.

In the first tunnel, use Thermite and get good at switching to use his bomb and then moving to shield so you don't get hit by the backfire. Try to do that at every obstacle. Remember that after the 2 Scorpion spawns you can get around all of the others without destroying them.

After the tunnel, eye of strength, and repeat what you did at the beginning of the level. After, switch the eye back to defence and the 2nd player stays back and get's focus.

At the canon troll part, put the eye of strength back on and one person goes left, the other goes right as Thermite, launch bombs at the trolls and get ready as Major Ruin as soon as the gate opens. (Eye of defence afterwards)

Second tunnel, skip the trolls and run through as Thermite, pretty simple.

End battle, put the eye of strength on and focus on the 3 hiding white trolls first! After they are done, switch the eye back and focus on just getting focus on every troll. Use the combos of Pummelweed and then switch to Chilla when they are in the air to finish them off. When they are all dead you just have to wait. First is a cutscene with Lord Drok then a cutscene with 2 dragons. Wait for the dragons as Chilla and when you see 2 close dragons kill them both, have one person wait by the door for it to open and quickly run in when the dragons are dead.

Summary: This level probably had the most trouble for us. The eye of strength is simply to finish fights as fast as possible. The eye of defence is to help bring you focus. With the eye of strength, sometimes the enemies die to fast when you are comboing with Pummelweed making it harder to go into focus. Even at the end it allows you to finish off all of the trolls while in focus just saving time or at least keeping it safe from errors.

Good luck to all trying this level! It may not be hard for you but this one was a nightmare for us.

Edited by IceKingz

Thorn's Airship

Personal Difficulty 5/5 (Not skill, luck)

After the water temple and thorn's pass you would think you have conquered all of the toughies. Well that's not the case, Thorn's Airship wants some action as well. Me and my friend just started this after a long break and it took us quite some time. This one takes the most skill in my opinion. It's basically the test. Take all of the hard factors of other levels and merge them together...that equals Thorn's Airship.

Beginning: I switch Y to Thermite and equip Eye of Strength. I line up Thermite right where the main drop ship will be so as soon as the cutscene is over, you just press RT twice and both shots should kill it. Switch to eye of defence as well as to Major Ruin. The partner switches to PW (Pummelweed) and gets focus on the trolls. Race through the tunnel with Ruin and at the warp an average time is 37 but we've gotten around 41 (every second counts!). If your picky stop if it's not very close to 40, if not, keep going.

Here's the OMG WTF!? part of the level. You must roll SIX trolls into the fan with Major Ruin. This is one of those parts that changed everytime, you just can't always roll 6 in immediately unless you eat sleep and breathe this part of the level. At the beginning I sprint to the only troll on the ground and roll him in because one will be shot to block that path almost immediately after the cutscene. From there avoid the center because they shoot more trolls and just try to line up most of them in one shot. If you are good at multi-tasking, switch to Deep Blue to put them in ball form and quickly switch back to get them in the fan. If you know you need one left, have your partner get it and get ready to stay by the door that opens. A great time to have here is 30 seconds but anything above 20 MAY do. 30 is probably your best bet but we only pulled it off once.

Sprint with Ruin and get ready to switch to Snare right when you teleport. Immediately run over and throw the first metal troll into the fan. If you are fast enough, a second troll will drop and you can throw him RIGHT before the cutscene. If you pulled that off, two more will be there so you can throw them and after the fan blows up, your partner get's focus and then you hit the teleport.

This next side, you want to first throw in a REGULAR troll. Save the metal trolls, if another regular is closer then grab him, otherwise just pick whose closest. Regular trolls count, I just don't know if they count on the final blow. While your partner goes for focus you want to throw 4 total trolls in the fan, after the cutscene, move as Ruin right to the broken door. The ship should be aiming for you with a wall between you guys while your partner gets focus. That way the ship won't shoot him during his combo.

Next, all I can say is DON'T CHOKE. Quickly move to the hole and drop down. You will want the eye of regeneration here. Move through with Ruin really quick and don't worry about focus. Next, focus is pretty much pointless but it can help a tad. Get the eye of strength and use Thermite to get the big troll to stick his head up then finish him up with Chilla.

Your partner should be Chilla right now and as soon as you hit the teleport, he stays there and works on the 4 chains for the floating ship. Here you go as Ruin and get close to the door on the left where you continue afterwards. From here you also start throwing the icicles as Chilla.

Almost there, have your partner keep all of the trolls alive and don't go for focus just yet. You go as Thermite and with the Eye of Strength, quickly blow up the 2 ships. Swiftly move over as Ruin and then get ready as Thermite again. For the second side, kill the ship that's off to the side first! During this part your partner now goes for focus and tries to maintain it. (Switch the eye of defence and eye of strength on when appropriate) Move up as Ruin and when your on the ledge then switch back to Thermite and take the other ship down. If you are in focus then you should have enough time to go back up as Ruin and be ready to go through the door as Kameo. From here it's a mad dash to the finish....good luck.

There we go guys, my guide is done. I will say it's not top notch but it's something. When me and my partner did this we really didn't get much help and it was a pain. Hopefully you guys can get some good use out of this. If you need any more help then I can edit my guide but I will not do Forgotten Forest, been to long and I don't remember it well to be honest.

Edited by IceKingz

• 1 month later...

thorns pass was actually really easy with the right idea, very straightforward, we didnt win by a landslide like on some levels, but only because we didn't have to lose a lot to master it.

50/50! :)

We also hit number 1 on water temple, wonder if that will last.

Edited by goldenpp72

Golden, that would be awesome. You seem to be really good at time attacks if you flew by Thorn's Pass. That one took us ages. Sorry for also not being able to help you on Time Attack, I've been too busy with CoD's double XP weekend and squeezing in Mini Ninjas/GH5 before it started.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, just started trying to get Thorn's Airship as well. We've had a few decent runs but the rolling troll part usually stops us short. What method did you guys use to knock 6 trolls into the fan blades? I'll give you a short description of what we do:

M - Me

P - Partner

M - Thermite, equip eye of strength, shoot down ship in 2 shots

P - Focus (If any trolls managed to drop out of the ship

M - Major Ruin rolls through and we get to roll trolls with about 37-43 seconds remaining

M&P - Attempt to get 6 trolls into the fan blade with Major Ruin, some runs we can't get it, one run we had 30 seconds remaining.

M - Sprint to the open door, change to snare at teleport and partner gets focus AFTER cutscene of the ship blowing up the window. I throw four metal trolls into the fan and get ready to go under the door

P - after cutscene, I give him a few seconds before hitting the warp to give him focus

M - after focus I sprint up the hill and into the next room, I basically repeat the snare process here but the 4th trolls doesn't spawn until later after focus is over and it screws us on time

Only once did we get past this part and with a lot of chokes going to it, we just didn't have enough time as Chilla to knock the ship's chains off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

1st and formost, I would like thank my sidekick MattintheHatt for helping me obtain all the DLC cheevos. The television was attacked with a lot of cursing and anger with the difficulty of the Time Attack cheevos until xFacelessxHerox gave us the Golden Trick to beat Thorn's Pass and Thorn's Airship with unbelievable ease.

IcsKingz's guides are spot on. I would like to add the 2 most important pieces of advice that have been omitted that pertain to Thorn's Pass and Thorn's Airship. The 1st piece of advice will be the Warrior Wheel for Player 2 (person responsible to enter Focus mode). Buttons X,Y, and B are for switching your characters with a quick tap. BUT if you hold the button for 2 seconds, the Warrior Wheel will appear. From here you can redesignate your Elementals. The 2nd piece of advise is 40-BELOW who from this point in the Time Attacks thru Thorn's Pass & Airship, IS YOUR ABSOLUTE BEST FRIEND!! With 40-Below selected as your Elemental, click LT + RT simultaneously to create a Snowball. Click LT + RT again to perform his Quake Slam to IMMEDIATELY go into Focus mode. The enemy needs to be within a couple feet radius around you, in front, to the side, above you in the air or even behind you. It doesn't matter.

Thorn's Pass and Thorn's Airship are actually comical in difficulty once you have 40-Below as an Elemental.

I will quote IceKingz and add comments in BOLD. I will italicize his quote if it is not necessary to do. Eye of Strength should be on at all times. Player 1 should use the Wotnot Book to change his warrior. While Player 1 is in the book, the game is paused, and time is still.

Thorns Pass

Personal Difficulty 6/5 (if possible) 1/5 maybe 2/5 with 40-Below of course

Key Points:

Beginning, switch to Thermite and switch the Eye of Strength on. Chuck his bombs at the troll 'till his head goes up and quickly switch to Chilla to finish up. After he's gone, switch to Thermite and use his shield to roll forward and initiate the cutscene. Meanwhile, switch to the eye of defense and the other partner stays back getting focus as Pummelweed. Use 40-Below here with Quake Slam.

Once the drawbridge is down and Player 1 has destroyed the fence to enter the lava field, use 40-Below on Fire Trolls to enter Focus. Just stand close enough to the enterance to not get hit by the archers.

In the first tunnel, use Thermite and get good at switching to use his bomb and then moving to shield so you don't get hit by the backfire. Try to do that at every obstacle. Remember that after the 2 Scorpion spawns you can get around all of the others without destroying them. Use 40-Below immediately on Fire Troll around 1st corner to enter Focus mode while in the 1st tunnel.

After the tunnel, eye of strength, and repeat what you did at the beginning of the level. After, switch the eye back to defence and the 2nd player stays back and get's focus.

At the canon troll part, put the eye of strength back on and one person goes left, the other goes right as Thermite, launch bombs at the trolls and get ready as Major Ruin as soon as the gate opens. (Eye of defence afterwards) Hit the 2 trolls with 40-below to save a couple of seconds here.

Second tunnel, skip the trolls and run through as Thermite, pretty simple. Player 2 use 40-Below on the Rock Trolls to enter Focus.

There is another Glass-Jaw Troll with minions section after the 2nd tunnel. Just repeat Thermite / Chilla combo as Player 2 goes immediately into Focus .

At the beginning of the last section, you should have almost if not more than 60 seconds remaining.

End battle, put the eye of strength on and focus on the 3 hiding white trolls first! After they are done, switch the eye back and focus on just getting focus on every troll. Use the combos of Pummelweed and then switch to Chilla when they are in the air to finish them off. Player 1 concentrates on taking out White Trolls as Player 2 attacks regular Trolls that come up from the other side of the area and maintains Focus. When they are all dead you just have to wait. First is a cutscene with Lord Drok then a cutscene with 2 dragons. Wait for the dragons as Chilla and when you see 2 close dragons kill them both, have one person wait by the door for it to open and quickly run in when the dragons are dead. Player 2 can attack the 1 Troll that comes up to save a couple seconds before the final cutscene where the door opens.

Summary: This level probably had the most trouble for us. The eye of strength is simply to finish fights as fast as possible. The eye of defence is to help bring you focus. With the eye of strength, sometimes the enemies die to fast when you are comboing with Pummelweed making it harder to go into focus. Even at the end it allows you to finish off all of the trolls while in focus just saving time or at least keeping it safe from errors.

Good luck to all trying this level! It may not be hard for you but this one was a nightmare for us.

Thorn's Airship

Difficulty 1/5 as well, with the help of 40-below.

Let the dropship drop 1 troll then bomb the ship with Thermite. 40-Below the Troll while Player 1 gets to the next section. As soon as Player 1 gets to the next cutscene, immediately hit the ball in front of him into the fan then move immediately to the side so player 2 (as Major Ruin) can hit the next ball that drops down into the fan as well. THIS SECTION IS ALL ABOUT LUCK TO KNOCK THE ENEMIES INTO THE FAN, BECAUSE IT IS HECTIC FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF SECONDS. Count out loud as you hit an enemy or ball into fan. You need to hit 6 items into fan. Once you get to 5, have Player 1 run towards the next section while Player 2 hits #6 into the fan.

From this point forward, it is easy with 40-Below at your disposal. The next 2 sections Player 1 is Snare. Go into Focus and have Snare throw enemies into fan. Let the next Troll drop down, go into Focus and grab the Troll the moment is starts falling backwards. Repeat until fans are destroyed. Before you know it, the level is over and the achievement is yours.

I know that this information WILL BENEFIT YOU. I just hope that you find this information sooner, rather than later like Matt and I did.

GOOD LUCK!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow, this is the first time I've come back here since my last post and I have to give a big thanks for those additions! I'm sorry my guide isn't top quality or even complete for that matter but I remember doing these achievements blind and it was a nightmare. Haha unintentional pun with the username. =P Any additions/critiques are always welcome!