Update News

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why does it say release date october 15 and 19?

the game went into cert testing on either the 3rd or the 4th. Usually takes about 10 days from what I have heard. so the update should be out in like 1 week

10 BUSINESS days which is about 14 days. We basically know it will be sometime within the third week of the month and that's about it.

The day it gets out of certification is not the day it's release either so you know.

and it will be about right, cant think of any reason microsoft would have to stall it

If LIVE takes a trip to screwed up land again... happened with the Trials EVO DLC yesterday.

Was supposed to have shown up yesterday but LIVE was taking an enormous squat or something. They just couldn't get it back to speed (from whatever the hell was happening, probably hacked lool) in time to put out the DLC.

If LIVE takes a trip to screwed up land again... happened with the Trials EVO DLC yesterday.

Was supposed to have shown up yesterday but LIVE was taking an enormous squat or something. They just couldn't get it back to speed (from whatever the hell was happening, probably hacked lool) in time to put out the DLC.

Yeah, can't wait until this releases on PS3...

Live was down yesterday? Everything showed up just fine for me, including the Trials EVO DLC.

Live was down yesterday? Everything showed up just fine for me, including the Trials EVO DLC.

No it wasn't down, but it was glitchy and acting up a bit. There was a service alert for pretty much the entire day.

Something was going on and the DLC wasn't released right when they said it would. First it was an hour, then it was within the hour, then it was possibly later, then it was not yesterday.

Not sure when the DLC became 100% available for everyone. I'm sure it came out for some sooner than others, just like how a friend of mine was able to buy Minecraft almost an hour before I could. :(

No it wasn't down, but it was glitchy and acting up a bit. There was a service alert for pretty much the entire day.

Something was going on and the DLC wasn't released right when they said it would. First it was an hour, then it was within the hour, then it was possibly later, then it was not yesterday.

Not sure when the DLC became 100% available for everyone. I'm sure it came out for some sooner than others, just like how a friend of mine was able to buy Minecraft almost an hour before I could. :(

Can't say I noticed any issues when I was online but it was a bit hit and miss a few days ago.

oh boo hoo, i dont even know why your bringing this up MS can hardly be blamed for a bug in their service after a crash , 99% of the time it runs without problem and they didnt stall the DLC because of the bug the bug caused them to wait for it and they had it up at the earliest possible time

I was really being optimistic. I hope nothing happens and I'm hoping that LIVE will be running smoothly during the time for the update and that nothing goes wrong. Being a much bigger title update than say a DLC for Trials, this would probably have a higher priority given how many people are excited for it.

Good example was the live stream I was watching, over 400 thousand viewers just to see some early gameplay of the update. You know that number is much higher and also would be higher than the amount of those anticipated for the Trials DLC.

But I'm just spitballing. :p

I can't wait for this update to come. Hopefully only 5 days till it comes around, I just need one achievement and I got them all for this game.. It is annoying. But will be my first arcade game complete! But this update should make the game feel better, since the computer versions update is the one I got use too.

Which achievement is it? If you're planning on getting it in creative mode, apparently achievements are going to be disabled for worlds that's been played in creative... I may be wrong :confused:

Quick Question..

I just started a new world for the fun of it to keep me entertained whilst we're all waiting for the new update and it's actually one of the best seeds I've come across. It's almost perfect for everything I want to do when the new update comes out, but I'm obviously not going to stick around on it when the new update comes out so I was wondering if I noted down the world seed and then used is when creating a new world IN the 1.8.2 update, will that world still exist and will it be exactly the same apart from the things the 1.8.2 update brings such as NPC villages and Strongholds etc?

Thing is I think with new versions of the game at least on PC, the seed generation was changed so one seed that looked a certain way on 1.6 or so would look different in 1.8. If you want to do creative on that seed, make sure you have the world saved before the update. You won't have the new seed generation features (ravines, mine shafts, villages) but you will still have the awesome seed.