Operation Flashpoint worth $16?

• 2 months later...

Hope you didn't buy it. I loved the original and new rainbow 6 games and I absolutely hate OF: DR. The controls, commands, aiming mechanics, vehicle controls and the incredibly alert and perfectly accurate AI is all ridiculous.

It just feels off when an enemy can shoot you from 300 meters away while you're in a tree line and you never get a clean line of sight on them. I spent an hour getting blasted by a gunship on mission 2 and if I was lucky enough to live, NONE of my team would make it. It would then have me start right at the exact spot where the gunship is firing. There's no way to handle opposition from all directions without help.

My buddy and I spent the first hour we played laughing hysterically about how awful the game played and then the next hour cursing it. While this is just my opinion, it's possibly one of the least fun games I've played.

This game is a real sh*t sandwich, and I don't care how hungry I am...I'm not eating a sh*t sandwich.

Edited by Wolverine674

its the same price around here, its a alright game but i've only played it like 3 times and i've had it for ages, its only fun when you have friends,

Agreed. A hard 1000 but if you have no friends that play it, I would pass. Playing on the hardcore mode by yourself is very frustrating

• 1 month later...

agreed. this game is a crappier version of ghost recon with slightly better graphics.

it's almost like they took everything GRAW did right and decided to tweak it just a little to make the game suck as hard as possible.

short answer, no $16 is still a waste of money. take that 16 and buy GRAW 1 and 2. they're both better games and you could probably pick them both up for less than $20 combined.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The reason the guy with the Gears icon said no is BECAUSE its not gears or CoD or any run and gun game. This game is actually very good if you have a friend.

Me and my Dad play this (two military guys) and we just rock the snot out of this game. The AI doesn't know what to do when we play it because we play it very well and smart.

Also This game is the most realistic sniper game!

Your scope can only see out to 800 meters (1/2 mile) but everyone has a range finder so if im the sniper my dad will sneak out 400 or 800 meters ahead of me and bring out his range finder and tell me the distance. if he is 800 meters ahead of me i can just aim 3 or 4 mil-dots at him so i know where the 800 mark is. then if the enemy are an extra 800 out i just aim the next 3 or 4 up. My longest kill is 1,3XX meters and his is 1,5XX meters (100 meters short of a mile)

SO if you like realistic stuff and not run and gun then this is your game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well worth it. The game has glitches, the difficult ai isn;t one of them. It's a achallenging game and not a "meat grinder" like gears of war. Comparisons to classic Ghost Recon are justified. The game physics are perfect, but the game has terrible glitches which spoil it immensely.

God forbid a game or any other form of media these days is actually challenging. People are getting stupider by the second because they're being spoon fed media that has been over processed and made pallatable to the lowest common denominator.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not even close. This game is a buggy as hell POS.

So far twice I've been glitched to the point where I've had to redo missions, and even on "easy" missions are HARD.

I love RSV, GRAW, and most of the Tom Clancy games, but this one is pure trash. There are moments when it gets decent, then you watch your AI buddies charge into gunfire, or ignore your orders, or start shooting at walls, or watch as enemies walk past them and gun you down, etc, etc.

Avoid, even if you could get it for free.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes for sure. If you like hard wargames like R6 Vegas and so on, it will be the perfect choice.

I've passed it twice on hardcore difficulty (and once on normal difficulty), resisted a lot of errors and bugs, didn't got the hardcore completion achievement, but still love this awesome game, which allow you to experience the unusual co-op and feeling of the real battle (at least more realistic than other console shooters).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just bought this through games on demand (convenience) since a friend convinced me. I wouldn't have bought it for anything above 10 dollars without having tried a demo (which there isn't any), otherwise.

It'll probably be a grueling experience if my experience with the first operation flashpoint is of any indication but I'll be wearing the achievements like badges of honor lol.

No.

In my opinion, this is the worst game ever made. I had less trouble and frustration with CoD veteran than I have had with this game on Normal. Two years of not playing this game, I return to it and my AI is retarded, I get incapacitated on a slope and my dumb AI can't get me for some reason, and I get hit across the map from a random stray bullet.

Biggest waste of money ever.