Is anyone else...

Getting severely pissed off at the King of the Hill achievement for beating the Best of the Best HomeRun Derby? I took Carlos Lee and made everything a 99 and took all the opponents in the Derby and made them the lowest possible. Somehow they are still hitting homeruns. I will be beating them by any number with the tiebreaker then we go into the last round and they always manage to tie it up and steal the tiebreaker. Not to mention that until the final 5 hitters I was hitting 40 Homeruns per batter and now I am scraping 10 if I am lucky. This is just garbage to me. I am getting tired of 2K and all the crap that goes along with them. No wonder they are going under. I really hope someone else gets the baseball franchise soon.

Edited by McH2Oz13

If you notice if you do this right as your entering the home run derby mode it says "defaulting sliders" and it goes away really fast. So it sends you back to default settings and yea i have gotten really pissed off at this mode. I was ibanez and i was against ortiz we both had 6 outs i finished my round and got 11. So im up 11-3 and he has 6 outs. He hits 15 home runs on 16 pitches then missed a couple in a row to win 18-11. Its like wow usually up 8 in a real home runs derby that never happens but 15 hrs on 16 pitches?

I did not notice that. If I had I would not be using Carlos Lee and would have snagged one of the better hitters. They didn't do it in the past.

I was up on Howard by 12 going into the last four outs and had the tie breaker. After hitting 11 homeruns and only getting 3 outs his very last swing with one out left he hits a 498 foot homerun to steal the tiebreaker from 496. Just cheesy bull shit.

But I guess I will start this over and steal batters every five because Carlos Lee definetly cannot hack it.

If you drop the stats of these players, it makes this achievement really easy.

1. David Ortiz (red sox)

2. Alex Rodriguez (yankees)

3. Andre Ethier (dodgers)

4. Chase Utley (phillies)

5. Ryan Braun (brewers)

6. Evan Longoria (rays)

7. Ryan Zimmerman (Nat's)

8. Miguel Cabrera (Tigers)

9. Derrek Lee (cubs)

10. Adam Lind (Jays)

11. Jayson Werth (phillies)

12. Jason Bay (mets)

13. Adam Dunn (Nat's)

14. Carlos Pena (Rays)

15. Mark Teixeira (Yankees)

16. Adrian Gonzalez (Padres)

17. Mark Reynolds (D Backs)

18. Ryan Howard (phillies)

19. Unknown

20. Unknown

I havent played in a couple days so I'll post 19 and 20 when i get a chance.

So you mean to tell me A Rod managed to hit only 1 home run? I don't think so, when im using jason varitek(sp) and manage to hit 40+ HRs every time?

Yeah I'm 100% sure the rostors are what you set them at.

For me it flashes defaulting rosters when i start the mode and no matter how many home runs i hit whether im up by 1 or 10 they come back in the last out every time

I have to agree with the fact that they are not reset. I made Russell Branyan a 99 and when I went to pick him it said exactly that. I think the flashing you are referring to are the default sliders for the difficulty not for the players. The last round is still tough though when it is dumbed down.

I have to agree with the fact that they are not reset. I made Russell Branyan a 99 and when I went to pick him it said exactly that. I think the flashing you are referring to are the default sliders for the difficulty not for the players. The last round is still tough though when it is dumbed down.

Russell Branyan isnt even on the list of players i can pick because he was a top 20 hr hitter

Has anyone even verified if you can get this achievement? Has anyone legitimately unlocked this? Because I wouldn't be suprised if 2K screwed up another list of achievements like they did with NBA2K10. This is honestly the last 2K game I will buy and I am a diehard baseball fan because I am so tired of 2K blowing balls.

Just wait until you face the final 5 batters. No matter how many homeruns you get whether its 3 or 19 they will top you by one in the final at bat or they will grab the tiebreaker and beats your by 5 ft or less. Have fun! (under breath mumbles stupid 2K)

Just wait until you face the final 5 batters. No matter how many homeruns you get whether its 3 or 19 they will top you by one in the final at bat or they will grab the tiebreaker and beats your by 5 ft or less. Have fun! (under breath mumbles stupid 2K)

Well unless someone figures something out, no one will be getting 1000 on this game.

Did you manage to get the achievement from last years game? Just wondering how hard this year's King of the Hill achievement compared to last years.

Yes, I did on my old account, I'm pretty sure I edit all of the players stats but they would never slug it out like the A.I. does this year last year with all the sliders down they would hit 1 or two now they are just clobbering everything, and even worse for some reason your player you are using can't hit any out for some reason either.

I should have looked at this site before trying this !! In my mind, This is impossible. I was on the 11th batter ( Facing Jayson Werth ). I had Big Poppy from Boston. I played that round over and over for 7 hours. No matter what I tried, Jayson beat me every time. I also read something on another site, that this has to be done IN 1 SITTING. I wonder if this is true. You are able to save your progress, after you beat someone. It does NOT have any warnings about losing achs. or anything like that. So, I'm not to sure about it. I totally understand why everyone in mad about this ach. .. I don't think it is possibly. If someone gets this ach. , please send me a message on Xbox to ... GTA VC 3 ... Thanks ....

I should have looked at this site before trying this !! In my mind, This is impossible. I was on the 11th batter ( Facing Jayson Werth ). I had Big Poppy from Boston. I played that round over and over for 7 hours. No matter what I tried, Jayson beat me every time. I also read something on another site, that this has to be done IN 1 SITTING. I wonder if this is true. You are able to save your progress, after you beat someone. It does NOT have any warnings about losing achs. or anything like that. So, I'm not to sure about it. I totally understand why everyone in mad about this ach. .. I don't think it is possibly. If someone gets this ach. , please send me a message on Xbox to ... GTA VC 3 ... Thanks ....

Seriously I don't know how anyone is going to unlock this achievement.

I like how everyone keep stating things like "it is easy if you adjust the sliders" or "you have to do it in one sitting". Why is it that people just do not grasp the concept that you CANNOT beat the computer on this for the time being. No matter what you hit, either 1-100 homeruns that with the final 5 batters it is impossible. Because they bat second, they trump everything you hit no matter what it is. I am going to stay idle on this for a while until I get rumor that it was patched because doing this over and over is nothing but frustrating and a waste of time. I am sure eventually someone will figure it out or it will be patched. I coach varsity baseball and obsessed with baseball so it isn't like I am an average player playing this. I play baseball video games constantly as well. Just everyone accept the fact that as of right now it is impossible. Like I stated in one of the other threads, it is impossible to get 1000gs until July so you might as well use your time elsewhere for the time being until it is possible. Have fun.

I like how everyone keep stating things like "it is easy if you adjust the sliders" or "you have to do it in one sitting". Why is it that people just do not grasp the concept that you CANNOT beat the computer on this for the time being. No matter what you hit, either 1-100 homeruns that with the final 5 batters it is impossible. Because they bat second, they trump everything you hit no matter what it is. I am going to stay idle on this for a while until I get rumor that it was patched because doing this over and over is nothing but frustrating and a waste of time. I am sure eventually someone will figure it out or it will be patched. I coach varsity baseball and obsessed with baseball so it isn't like I am an average player playing this. I play baseball video games constantly as well. Just everyone accept the fact that as of right now it is impossible. Like I stated in one of the other threads, it is impossible to get 1000gs until July so you might as well use your time elsewhere for the time being until it is possible. Have fun.

what batter are you currently against? I'm against Adrian Gonzalez. The biggest thing for me is I can't even hit any home runs anymore the most I could get in a round is like 5 now I can't even hit 1.