Deus Ex: Human Revolution meets Total Recall (2012)

nia333

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nah, it's not like "Deus Ex" at all from what I saw with the interviews and preview.

It's a "rail" game, which is the contrary of "Deus Ex", the only common point is the cyberpunk theme.

Looking at the achievement list, it's look like a "Batman" clone (mainly focused on the fighting).

The developpers did a 40 minutes interview for a french video games channel and they said they wouldn't be much exploration, just a few items to find.

It will mainly be like also Uncharted, for those who played it. Go from point A to point B and kill ennemies , with a few moments when you can find some items in some places, and with some "Memory Remix" Scenes from times to times.

I was looking forward this game because I also thought it would be like "Deus Ex" but after the 40 minutes interview and the other things I read in the preview, I revised my opinion and was rather dissapointed :(

Edited by davhuit

• 1 month later...

Getting this regardless since I love almost anything Cyberpunk. Though comparing it to Batman: AA/AC in regards to combat being similar is a bit understandable since it does use a simple free-flow system but at least it gives you the option of creating your own combo sets instead of pressing X and Y to counter from time to time which is a nice added touch. This game does remind me of P.N.03 on Gamecube if any of you played it back in the day.

Even though the new Total Recall sucked. It is true that this is like Deus Ex meets Total Recall (meaning the original since I don't even consider the new one Total Recall because it's a disgrace). For DONTNOD's first game this game is awesome. I was hoping it was good.

This game looks awesome but it looks like they took Deus Ex: Human Revolution and made it have babies with the new Total Recall movie. Both I love but it seems like I can already tell whats going on.

That is what 90% of ideas these days stem from. Take a few of the better ideas of the past and mash them together to create something relatively new. There are no more truly unique ideas these days, it is mathematically impossible. There are basically alternate versions of the worlds/stories that have came before.

If you notice, pretty much every new game to come out gets called a "clone" of games that came previously. Every game that has third person and cover is a Gears clone, every game that has momentum based fighting is Batman clone, every fps gets compared to Halo or COD. Just because those games are the most popular doesn't mean they are the innovators, all those games came from something else too. I guarantee if you stop thinking of games in this way, and hate/enjoy them on their own merits, you will find yourselves less disappointed by games. By comparing a game like this to Batman, Uncharted or Deus Ex, you are giving it unfair standards. Basically saying that every game that comes out needs to be game of the year worthy, which is just unreasonable.

And yes I ranted oh well. I am just tired of every single game to come out getting called a "rip off" of something else, which was also already ripped off of something else too, but people seem to ignore that if they liked it enough.