Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/2175/UPl9ztw=.jpgPile 'Em High 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Defeat 2,000 Taken.

This is accumulative between both Story and Arcade modes. Taken are the enemies of the game (human overtaken by darkness). You will likely get this while finishing up your achievements in Arcade Mode. If not, just keep replaying until you get it.

Hey Tyger, just to let you now, I'm near the end of my completion (180 :gsicon:) and still don't have this achievement. :( The last one that I need. So here is my method if you want to "somehow" boost this:

Load up ACT III: UNITED (REPLAY SCENES) and play until you get to the point where you have to "Destroy the dark fountains"! Advance forward and trigger the very first fountain. The Takens will come indefinitely, always in threes (two normal and one big axt/hammer guy). Fire away. If you running low use the Ammo Box nearby, next to the safe haven at the building with the tv inside. The Ammo Box replenish itself every 60 seconds. Make sure you pick up the ASSAULT RIFLE on your way up or the road up the infamous SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN for one shot kills (if you can).

Beware if you "REPLAY SCENES" you only start with a pistol and loose everything you have collected so far (equipment). So it could be a little tough with the two GIANTS in the beginning, but doable.

Note: Doing this method right now. Works good so far. Also, I've noticed if you press :start: the auto-save icon appears in the lower left corner in case you have to take a break.

Edit: CONFIRMED!!! Got the achievement this way just a few minutes ago, yay!

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

As for a guide for this game, it isn't difficult and all of the Achievements are attainable by anyone. I'd give it a 3/10 for difficulty, because it's a breeze.

3 is definitely too low. Poetry in Motion is difficult and Survivor is tougher. Good for you if you found it easy but I am proud to have just gotten those 2 achievements. This seems like a 6 or 7 to me

The original Alan Wake, which I actually would agree with you if you were to call it a breeze, got a 4/10. This is definitely not easier than that one

Edited by mentaljason

If anyone can time themselves playing story mode while using the collectibles guide, that would be a great help. Just kind of keep track of long it took you to complete it. This way I can have an average. My time taken is skewed of course because I was working on the manuscripts. Thanks ahead of time!

Story run through took me just under 6 hours, and this was without a manuscript guide (I only missed one). I'd say no more than 5 hours with using the guide. Most of them are very easy to spot without that much searching.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...