Worst Assassin's Creed yet

There is nothing wrong with the game, they all have there good point's and there bad, but over all this isn't that bad. Complaining about the den defense, etc is pathetic so you really think the templars would just hand it over and not try and get it back, did you complain about gang territories in GTA San Andreas which is essentialy the same thing as this(the territories not the game).

All I can say is grow up if you don't like something don't play it and if you enjoy the series stop looking into it to find the negative's as like I said all the games have had there flaws, but overall are good games.

they are digressing. ac1 was the best, regards to depth and story. ac2 was very good as well, brotherhood was just good fun, revelations was very sloppy with a short shitty story. youd think that revelations was made before brotherhood. also, i thoroughly enjoy the mp, i think they did a fantastic job incorporating that with such a unique game.

Edited by ikuma420
mp

This is the most enjoyable AC game for me, Brotherhood was the hardest by far but AC2 was the best with no bullshit multiplayer. They could have left out Den Defence but I enjoyed the Altair moments. The Desmond sequences were pointless and the ending was a bit meh.

Edited by Barad

The franchise is falling victim to a new game every year, which I believe destroys the integrity of the franchise. With ACR I feel that they tried to do too much. The tower defense wasnt terrible, but by making me do it over and over just wore me into boredom. The story was actually fun to play through but ultimately it was the easiest game in the franchise, which makes me mad. Multiplayer is a saving grace but I refuse to pay 10 dollars for new characters and maps that i have a low chance of ever playing online.

I just played it because I've played all the ones before.

AC1 was ok.

AC2 was the best so far.

AC Brotherhood wasn't nearly as good as AC2.

AC Revelations is by far the worst one.

I mean no-one cares about the story..it's too complicated and illogical. Why couldn't they just leave this Animus-Future-Templar-Visions-Desmond-General-Confusion out and set a normal game in the past?!

• 2 weeks later...

People do care about the story. Just because it's confusing for you doesn't mean it's confusing for everyone. I commend the series for not shoving retcons into Desmonds story. If you read all the documents in AC 1 you can tell what Desmonds story is going to be about and how it's leading somewhere.

I like all the past stories, they serve as the main gameplay, additional story and character additions, and they serve a way for Desmond to learn how to be an Assassin. I never got why people think a non linear story is automatically bad. By the same token I never understood why people think non linear stories are automatically good either. This story just strikes my fancy really. I am all for good gameply but for me if I don't like the story I would not be getting these games on release day.

But as far as overall elements go I'd say this is about the same as Brotherhood in terms of quality. I think AC 2 was my favorite overall because of it's long and compelling story. AC 1 still sticks out in my mind as being the weakest with the repetition, amount of collectibles, and very clunky combat. But as a whole I feel the Assassin's Creed series is very strong overall, and I think AC 3 will probably be the best by a long shot.

I thought and all of the AC games are quite fun. The story is compelling and very interesting. Do I enjoy all aspects of all the games? Certainly no, but for the most part they have put together a great series, and added new bits to keep it relatively fresh. Didn't like the den/tower defense? All you had to do was keep your awareness at a minimum. Really wasn't that difficult to do. And once you got your den master to master assassin that den would never be attacked.

If you don't enjoy the series, then don't buy it. For me, I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer, but it keeps me interested for a bit. I had some fun with it, but now I'm about tapped out and am trying to finish up that last few achievements so I can move onto another game.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought this game was pretty good. I didn't care for the Desmond missions or the multiplayer, but other than that, the gameplay was fine and the story was great. The bombs were pretty awesome and so were the associated achievements.

the Desmond missions with the stupid blocks were one of the worst things i've ever had to do in a game, absolutely terrible. den defense was almost equally as awful, the Altair missions lame as well.

basically the main story was good, bomb crafting was cool.

everything else sucked.

I still think AC 1 is worse... I liked this game a lot still, I do think Brotherhood and AC II were better but this isn't a terrible game, the tower defence thing is really stupid though and is fun fore maybe 4-5 times at most but then it gets boring. I like the feeling from that game though, the looks at night are really special, I have the artwork book that came with the special edition and once you read it you can see differences between districts, not as clearly as Brotherhood but it's still not hard to see if you look more closely. One thing I REALLY HATED though was when there were a couple of achievements glitched, buying all those damn books wasn't easy because they are expensive as hell, and then for some stupid glitch I have to play it again just for the books.. And I don't even get to read them, there's no text in them like Skyrim or something, so they're completely worthless on top of that. I looked through the achievement list and knew I could do all achievements within one playthrough, until stuff glitched on me and had to spend another 10 hours or so waiting for coins... Oh well, still liked this game, the Multiplayer too although since I played the multiplayer so much in Brotherhood I was relieved to see this gtime the achievements on it were much easier... The latest Multiplayer DLC is bullshit though I've played 20 games alrfeady and not once did I come across a new map...

• 3 weeks later...

I personally thought AC1 was worst while looking back, just cause there's like nothing to do.

BUT, ACR was probably last/2nd to last for me.

I feel like they needed to add all these defense type games since Ezio was old and leader of the Assassins, so it made you play as if that's what he would do.

The loss of territory was a bit obnoxious too, but just keep your notoriety down and that shouldn't be an issue. It's tough when everything raises it so much, but between heralds and witnesses, and getting high level assassins to guard them, it isnt a big deal.

Ubisoft needed basically end this story line, so playing as 2 old assassins shouldn't have the same style as playing as young ones.

Even is ACR was the worst of the series, it was still super fun!

I personally thought AC1 was worst while looking back, just cause there's like nothing to do.

AC1 is not the worst. It's the starting point where the series evolved from and really, an experiment in game design. They had to completely build a new game engine from the ground up for it. It was a work of genius and the later games only built on that.

ACR... I had a blast with it. It was not as frustrating as the earlier games and I liked the story.

This is a series I have a hard time picking an order for. AC2 by and far is the best of the series but the rest of the games I hold all on equal footing.

I'd only slag the Den Defense in ACR, that part I could have done without.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Okay i know i'm going to be a black sheep *no racism intended* but i thought that Revelations was one of the most spectacular endings to any trilogy ever. It ended the story of Altair (Ezio's life ended in Embers) in the most touching and tear-filling way, not that i did, that i just had to know what happens to Desmond. The gameplay was brilliant, the Hidden Hookblade was a nice addition, the Tower Defense was a nice interesting turn to take you away from all the bloodshed from time to time and all the collectebles gives you some alternative objectives.

SPOILER ALERT :mad:

I agree with you to some extent. I have to disagree with Desmond's memory sequences however. The first person puzzle simulation seems to be a bit frustrating in my end. Though I finished them all, I can't shake the bad taste it has left behind in my mouth. The fact that we got to learn more about Desmond is great, just minus the irrelevant FPS puzzle and you got yourself a masterpiece. Playable flashbacks would have been better imo.

And multiplayer...well all of the above is all I got to say. Multiplayer specific achievements, unbalanced progression system, online passes and the lack of players easily breaks this game for me.

And the whole thing where you lose control of a territory if you're awareness goes up is horrible. Makes for an obnoxious game. And then you have to play that stupid Assassins Creed Tower Defense Game. So stupid difficult. And your awareness goes up like 25% just for buying a property?!? Horrible. Lets get back to what made this game good with AC3, and get rid of these stupid new additions. Animus Island/Desmond memories are cool, bomb crafting is cool, all this other new $#!* can go back where it came from.

I like many things about this game, but I will agree that I hated the den defense. It wasn't too hard once you figured out what to do, but there was little to no guidence prior to learning it yourself. I actually put the game down for several months because of this.