Just hit 75% finally

macd

Jesus, 75% was far more boring than I expected. Watched a whole lot of TV shows on my laptop while I did it.

Anyway total time:

47:24:10 on Casual (Did a Pro run in 18ish hours first)

53 Challenges completed

100% in 242/339 discovered locations

1748 resource items

- 638 weapon parts

- 604 vehicle parts

- 229 armour parts

- 277 cash stashes

- 250/300 faction items

1784 Sabotages

Not the worst game to 100% but probably the biggest final slog. Had fun doing everything up until the 75% items.

• 2 weeks later...
I just completed my 75% while doing the hard core run. Talk about a grind on hardcore. I wish I would have done everything on casual first and then just done a hard core play through. Now I only have 3 achievements left and I might as well finish it out on hardcore.

You may have answered the question I was about to ask....

I completed the game on Hardcore, but am currently only at 29%. My internal debate is: Do I mop everything up on Hardcore, or re-start the game on Casual for the 75% run + misc achievements left? I've already spent a good deal of time towards the mop-up.

I like a challenge, but I'm getting a little weary of the incessant harassment while trying to complete settlements. It doesn't take much for a little bit of heat to escalate to a full blown conflict that either results in 15 wasted minutes, death, or both. :uzi:

On the other hand, I don't relish the amount of work it will take to catch up to my current degree of progress.

I figure if I'm going to restart on casual, then better to do it sooner rather than later....

You may have answered the question I was about to ask....

I completed the game on Hardcore, but am currently only at 29%. My internal debate is: Do I mop everything up on Hardcore, or re-start the game on Casual for the 75% run + misc achievements left? I've already spent a good deal of time towards the mop-up.

I like a challenge, but I'm getting a little weary of the incessant harassment while trying to complete settlements. It doesn't take much for a little bit of heat to escalate to a full blown conflict that either results in 15 wasted minutes, death, or both. :uzi:

On the other hand, I don't relish the amount of work it will take to catch up to my current degree of progress.

I figure if I'm going to restart on casual, then better to do it sooner rather than later....

I got 75% completion on Hardcore difficulty and it wasn't too bad. I died many times while trying to complete settlements and collect faction items, but since the progress you make is automatically saved, I completed them in no time. Starting a new game on Casual difficulty and getting to 75% would most likely take more time than getting 75% on Hardcore difficulty.

Also, whenever I needed to wreak havoc or travel around Panau, I purchased the Rowlinson K22 from the Black Market. It's only $25,000 and you should be loaded with cash after you complete the game.

I got 75% completion on Hardcore difficulty and it wasn't too bad. I died many times while trying to complete settlements and collect faction items, but since the progress you make is automatically saved, I completed them in no time. Starting a new game on Casual difficulty and getting to 75% would most likely take more time than getting 75% on Hardcore difficulty.

Also, whenever I needed to wreak havoc or travel around Panau, I purchased the Rowlinson K22 from the Black Market. It's only $25,000 and you should be loaded with cash after you complete the game.

I just spent a few minutes perusing my current progress stats in the menus, and can't bring myself to start over. 29% in this game is like 80% in other games.

You're right-- I think the key is to embrace death. (And maybe even leverage it as a means of transportation.)

Onward!

I just spent a few minutes perusing my current progress stats in the menus, and can't bring myself to start over. 29% in this game is like 80% in other games.

You're right-- I think the key is to embrace death. (And maybe even leverage it as a means of transportation.)

Onward!

Yup, once I hit 50% and realised exactly how far along I was, I couldnt turn back. Especially after already having 15 of the challenges completed. You have to reach down, grab ahold and gut it out.

all i have left is "wrecking ball" and "invincible warrior" left to get. I just started a casual playthough to get those.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say the boring, but I definitely agree with those that say it's repetitive. Completing locations is especially draining, especially the biggest ones. I've wasted at least an hour trying to find those last destructive/resource items just to hit 100%. Some of the destructive items are just in the worst places.

I started to get bored around the 72% mark, which is quite a way away from 75%. I absolutely adore the game though, so I carried on going through and started to make it fun for myself.

It's just doing those quick settlements, which are pretty much the same places. The layout is exact so you get pretty bored after doing 100 of them.

• 1 month later...

So I just reached 75% on this game finally and all I can say is... what a grind!

Here are my final statistics -

62:18:42 on Casual

24 Challenges Completed

100% in 204/339 Discovered Locations

48 Colonels Assassinated

2261 Sabotages

1572 Resource Items

- 578 Weapon Parts

- 539 Vehicle Parts

- 187 Armour Parts

- 268 Cash Stashes

- 294/300 Faction Items