Achievement Guide

robertfee

Well, here's my first attempt at an achievement guide. I've used these methods under my friends profile and i'm now doing them on mine, so they have worked for me and hopefully for you too!

5 Create a Team

Pretty self explanatory. As soon as you load up the game for the first time, you will have to create a team. Once you're done, achievement unlocks

10 Gift of Grab

Catch 10 Passes with a Bronze WR

Get a Gold QB and fill your offensive line with Gold, Silver, and/or Bronze players. Keep throwing to him until you have the achievement. I found Alvin Harper the easiest to use.

5 Create a Player

Create a Player

Under the options is one called create a player. You can quickly throw one together or make a legend like Bo Jackson who wasn't included! Achievement unlocks

5 Edit any part of your team

Edit Team

Go into the options of 'Manage Your Team' and change any option like uniform color and the achievement will unlock!

15 Return a Fumble for a Touchdown

Return a Fumble for a Touchdown

This one can be a little tricky. Best way to do this is to turn penalties off and when the computer goes to punt have your guy standing in front and block it. PICK IT UP AND RUN! Also note that if you block a punt and pick it up in the end zone, it does not count as returning a fumble. You have to run it in.

15 Game Record Forced Fumbles

Set the single game record for forced fumbles

You have to force 4 fumbles with one player to get this achievement. This can be tough since there aren't many fumbles that occur in this game. Use the same method as above to block punts. Most of the time it will give you credit for a forced fumble.

20 Game Record Defensive INT

Set the single game record for INTs

This one can be a little frustrating. You need 5 interceptions with one player. Get a Gold CB (or 2 Gold CB if you'd like) and play a game against a friend or use a 2nd controller. Have them keep lobbing hail mary passes and you shouldn't have too much trouble picking off 5 of them. Just to make sure time is not an issue, as soon as you get the ball, punt it back. I can't tell you how many times I finished with 4 interceptions!

15 Game Record Passing Yards

Set the single game record for Passing Yards

You need 555 yards for this one. Get a gold qb (I like Joe Montana) and a gold wr (Jerry Rice works great). Go into 'DIFFICULTY' and turn all of your skills to '100' and the CPU to '0'. Some people reccommend using the 'Hail Mary' pass, but I suggest going into 'Pro Form' and using the 'Flea Flicker' pass. 90% of the time your 'X' receiver or 'LB' receive should be wide open!

20 Game Record Receiving Yards

Set the single game record for Receiving Yards

You need 337 yards with one player. Use the same method as the Passing Yards achievement.

10 Game Record Rushing Yards

Set the single game record for Rushing Yards

You need 296 yards. Simply turn down the CPU sliders and turn yours up. Also, select a Gold RB and get some good linemen. Just keep pounding it out and you should get this easily

20 Game Record for Defensive Sacks

Set the single game record for Defensive Sacks

You need 8 sacks for this one. Just turn penalties off and get the lineman you choose to use to stand right in front of the QB. As soon as he snaps the ball sack him. It's actually quite funny as well. Also, sacks count as tackles, so I suggest using a silver lineman for this and use the method 7 more times and you will also unlock the 'Bring Em Down' Achievement or you can use a Bronze lineman and get the 'Sack Master' Achievement

10 Game Record Touchdowns

Set the single game record for Touchdowns

You need 8 touchdowns. If you're working towards the passing yard or receiving yard records, this should come right along with it. Your QB will get this after he throws his 8th TD

20 Stride Gum... long lasting drive

Near end of the 2nd qtr or later, score an 80 yard TD

THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ONE PLAY. With around 2 minutes left in the half, just start a drive from the 20 and end it with a touchdown. I used the 'Flea Flicker' play and scored immediately. If it is close to halftiime and the computer is punting or kicking off, run back behind the 20 yard line so you can be sure to get the achievement

15 Return an INT for a Touchdown

Return an INT for a Touchdown

This is easier than the fumble return for a TD. If you have all of your sliders adjusted, eventually you'll pick one off close enough to the goalline to run it back in.

15 Win 10 Games Online

Win 10 Online Games

SEE '5 ONLINE WINS IN A ROW'

20 Win 20 Online Games

Win 20 Online Games

50 Half a Century

Win 50 Online Games

15 3 Online Wins in a Row

3 Online Wins in a Row

20 5 Online Wins in a Row

5 Online Wins in a Row

There are 2 ways of doing this. You can get a friend and take turns quitting to give the achievements to each other. NOTE, you have to play the achievement game. For example if you are going for 3 wins in a row, you can win on a forfeit on the first 2, but you have to play the 3rd. You can also get this by legitimately playing people. Unless you really want a challenge, just look for people with terrible records. Why would you play someone who is 174-0 when you can play someone whose 0-19 :)

ACTUALLY, you can quit all the games except the 50th game. You don't have to play each achievement game. Just make sure at some point in your sim-quitting that each of you win 5 in a row and you'll get all the achievements after the 50th

5 It's fun to play together

Join an Online League

You don't get this for creating a league, you have to join one. Just go into the online menu and join a league. Not too difficult at all.

5 Get Connected

Play an Online Game

This does not count if you play in the 'Beginners' lobby. Just go into the 'PRO' lobby and play a game. Once it's over, you get the achievement

20 League Participation

Play an Online League or Tournament Game

Remember that league you joined? Play a game in it and there you go. You don't have to win to get the achievement

50 We are the Champions

Win an Online League or Tournament

You can legitimately beat your competition or get a few friend to create tournaments and take turns winning.

20 Golden Arm

Throw for 500 Yards with a Gold QB in a Single Game

If you selected a Gold QB (which you should) for the 'Passing Yards' Achievement, you should get this one as well.

15 Run & Gun

Pass for 200 Yards & Rush for 50 Yards with a Silver QB in a single game

The 200 passing yards is pretty easy and if you use the sliders, the 50 yards rushing won't be too difficult. I used Randall Cunningham, but you can also create a Silver QB and give him the Scrambling skill.

10 Six for 6

Throw 6 Touchdown Passes with a Bronze QB

Pretty self explanatory. Just pick any Bronze QB and throw 6 touchdowns. Don't forget those sliders if you're having trouble.

20 Two for One

Gain 150 Rec YDS each with a Bronze and a Gold WR

When You're working on the passing yards achievement you can get this one too. Just flip the 'Flea Flicker' play so you're bronze WR is the 'X' receiver. I used Jerry Rice and Alvin Harper

15 Over the top

Gain 200 Rec YDS with a Bronze WR

Since you've already got 150 yards with the Bronze WR in the previous achievement, throw another 50 yards and get another achievement

10 Pound it out

Gain 250 Rushing Yards with a Bronze Running Back in a single game

Just keep it on the ground. I used Christian Okoye and got the necessary yard in one 10 minute quarter. If you are worried you might lose yards, take him out after you get the necessary yards, as yardage achievements won't unlock until after the game.

20 You want me to do what?

Gain 200 Rushing+100 Receiving Yards with a Gold Running Back in a single game

Pretty self explanatory. Barry Sanders is always a good choice. Try not to do too many achievements in one game. It's terrible to finish with almost enough for a bunch of achievements. Try and focus on 1 or 2 at a time. This is one that takes some focus on one player, so I suggest turning fatigue to '100' so he doesn't get tired.

15 Ground Game

Score 4 Rushing Touchdowns with a Silver Running Back in a Single Game

Any Silver HB will do. If you're not good at the running game, pass until you get to the 1 yard line and have your Silver HB dive in for the Touchdown!

10 Sack Master

Get 5 sacks in a single game with a Bronze Defender

See 'GAME RECORD SACKS'

10 2 Points

Get a Safety

Use the 'Game Record Sacks' method and just wait until they are backed up into their own end zone and bring him down for the achievement!

30 Butter fingers

Set the Record for Forced Fumbles in a Single Season

You need 7 for the season. Use the method for the 'Game Record Forced Fumbles' You

need 7 with a single defender in a season. You can simulate games as well but make sure you

play the last game of the season to unlock the achievement

35 Covered like a blanket

Break the single season record for INTs

The best player to use is the Night Train. He's a Gold CB. The easiest way is to simulate each game of the season, but check and see if he got at least one interception in the game. If he did move on, if not reload your season and redo the game. You need 16 for the achievement. Make sure you play the last game to get the achievement.

30 Spread the wealth

Finish the Season with 5084+ Passing Yards with a single player

Simulate all but the last game of the season. I used Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. Make sure you are at or around 5084 yards and play the last game of the season. This one isn't too tough.

35 Take it to the house

Finish the Season with 1848+ Receiving Yards with a single player

You should get this one and the previous one together. Once again, I used Jerry Rice with Joe Montana throwning to him. Play the last game of the season and achievement unlocked!

20 Single Season Rushing Record

Finish the Season with 2105+ Rushing Yards with a single player

Use the same method as 'Spread the Wealth'. I picked Barry Sanders and got a good run blocking line. Play the last game and you've got it!

35 Single Season Sack Record

Set the Single Season Sack Record

You need 23 sacks. Just use the other Sack Achievement method and you can actually get this one in one game!

20 Punch it in there

Set the Single Season TD Record

You need 29 touchdowns. I used OJ Simpson and simulated all but the last game. He had 26 and I got 3 more. Just pick up whatever you're lacking in the final season game.

40 Win the Season Mode Championship

Become the Season Mode Champion

You don't have to play the season at all. Just simulate games and make sure your team is the champion!

25 Mission Accomplished

Complete Season

You'll get this one along with the previous one together. Even if you don't win the championship, you'll get this one after the season ends.

10 Play a Season Game

Complete a game in Season Game

Play one season game and you'll get this one. You don't have to win either

100 Mission Impossible

Complete Season Mode Undefeated and win the League Championship

This one can also be done by simulating. Sim a game. If you didn't win, reload that game and try again.

15 All - Pro

Shut Out the A.I. on All-Pro Difficulty

'SEE SHUT'EM DOWN'

20 Legend

Shut Out the A.I. on Legend Difficulty

'SEE SHUT'EM DOWN'

25 Shut'em Down

Shut out the A.I. on Pro Difficulty

Set the quarter length to 1 minute and the difficulty to PRO. Start a 2 player game and win with your team. You'll get the achievement and you didn't even have to play the CPU!

15 Bring'em down

Record 15 Tackles with a Silver Player

See 'Game Record for Defensive Sacks'

10 The first one is the hardest

Win a game

Self Explanatory. Win a game. It can be against the computer or a ranked match. Note that games played in the online lobby 'Beginner' do not count for this achievement either.

5 2 INTs with a Gold defender

Get 2 INTs with a Gold defender in a single game.

Use the Night Train and refer to the method used in 'Game Record Defensive Interceptions'

If you have any suggestions or easier ways, feel free to let me know. Hope this was helpful!

The only thing that I would add:

For the forced fumble achievements (and can also be used for the sack achievements, as well as the shut out on X difficulty achievements-although your way is easier on that one)

Create a team and make sure you get Too Tall Jones on your defensive line, turn off penalties, and just go to town. One of his special talents is stripping the ball, so half of the time you go for the sack, he will force a fumble. Try to get the QB from the backside and you'll have better luck. Most of them if not all will count as sacks as well, so I ended up getting these two achievements (game and season record) as well as the sack (game and season record) achievements in one 5 minute quarter game.

As I mentioned, you can use this to shut out the opponent (that's how I got them) because you only have to tie, not win, as long as they don't score points. So, set it to one minute quarters, sack the hell out of them, then when you get the ball just kneel and it should run out the clock. Although your way is easier, but just a suggestion in case someone doesn't have two controllers or somesuch.

double edit: I actually got the return a fumble for a touchdown by falling on one that Too Tall forced in the end zone (wasn't running into the end zone), so it may not work for a punt, but it definately worked for me with a regular fumble in the end zone.

"15 Return a Fumble for a Touchdown

Return a Fumble for a Touchdown

This one can be a little tricky. Best way to do this is to turn penalties off and when the computer goes to punt have your guy standing in front and block it. PICK IT UP AND RUN! Also note that if you block a punt and pick it up in the end zone, it does not count as returning a fumble. You have to run it in."

This is false. Just wanted to let you know. I blocked a punt and landed on it in the endzone and got the achievement.

Edit: Also for the forced fumble achievement (as someone else has said) too tall works awesome!

This may sound like a stupid question but which way should the sliders be turned for interceptions and touchdowns? I used Too Tall and got the sacks no problem and I used the punt block fumble technique and got that no problem but I still need the interception achievement. I hardly ever get interceptions even with gold CB's. Should they be at 0 or 100? And should I just let them catch the ball or should I hit RB to catch it?

the easiest and most effective way to get any of these achievments is to fire up 2 controllers, you can set the difficulty where you want for the shutout of the ai and set the penalties to off, and set the quarter to 1 minute. When going for any of the offensive achievments, use the second controller to take control of the defense and move everyone to one side of the field and either pass or run to that side. very easy. just change your gold,silver, and bronze guys to what you need for whatever achievment. I got a boat load of them this morning with this method. any questions feel free to ask or pm. thanks

the easiest and most effective way to get any of these achievments is to fire up 2 controllers, you can set the difficulty where you want for the shutout of the ai and set the penalties to off, and set the quarter to 1 minute. When going for any of the offensive achievments, use the second controller to take control of the defense and move everyone to one side of the field and either pass or run to that side. very easy. just change your gold,silver, and bronze guys to what you need for whatever achievment. I got a boat load of them this morning with this method. any questions feel free to ask or pm. thanks

yes, i already stated that the easiest way to get the shutouts is to use 2 controllers, so you just repeated what was already posted. also, i completely disagree with the second part about using 2 controllers to get the other achievements. by the time you move all the guys out of the way on defense and all that, you could play the cpu with the sliders down and get it without having to fumble around with 2 controllers.

yes, i already stated that the easiest way to get the shutouts is to use 2 controllers, so you just repeated what was already posted. also, i completely disagree with the second part about using 2 controllers to get the other achievements. by the time you move all the guys out of the way on defense and all that, you could play the cpu with the sliders down and get it without having to fumble around with 2 controllers.

yes i know you stated the 2 controller part. actually no I could get just about every offensive achievment by moving the players instead of doing it in a couple game. but whatever you think. thats why opinions are like buttholes everyone has one.

50 We are the Champions

Win an Online League or Tournament

You can legitimately beat your competition or get a few friend to create tournaments and take turns winning. Please note that if you simulate or give a win to someone in the tournament, the achievement won't unlock

Just a heads up to everyone... this isn't true. I had three people join my tournament, then through the admin menu I gave out wins to everyone, making myself the champion. I logged out and back in to the main screen of the tournament and the achievement unlocked.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having some issue i sim all the games but the last one no matter what i don't get the spread the wealth or the receiving record i don't have them yet and i loaded my bros gamer card and got them i don't know whats up.