Story Mode Is Frustrating

Mustkill9

i a having trouble getting the 3 pointer from half court achievement can anyone help i have already made it 3 times.....

Just wait till you have a level one or 2 special....and be on the other side of mid-court and just press LT+RT+B....you'll get it with ease..I got this in my second game..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

add me if you want to boost i cant find a game online at all :mad::(

also

how the hell do you beat the raptors players by coming back from like 20 points its impossible.and how do you get the combo achivement i do the one where you have to press the buttons when it comes on the screen and then i dunk it and it says 7 move combo but no achivement? wtf is going on :mad::(

add me if you want to boost i cant find a game online at all :mad::(

also

how the hell do you beat the raptors players by coming back from like 20 points its impossible.and how do you get the combo achivement i do the one where you have to press the buttons when it comes on the screen and then i dunk it and it says 7 move combo but no achivement? wtf is going on :mad::(

I got the 7 move combo playing online in a rankede match.

how do you do a super block or a super steal?

and the the mission were you have to come back by 20 is actually really easy all you have to do is hold Lb+x next to the other team follow the commands 3 different times in a row then a basketball will show up in the middle of the ft line then hold down Rt+Lt + b and the game ended for me. i did not really win i was down by like 10 but i won n e way

Super steal you have to have 1 meter filled up then hit RT+LT+X and for super block you have to have 2 meters full and when they try to shoot you have to activate the block by hitting RT+LT+Y and it looks sick =) my fave is the ninja swat hehe.

Not sure why people say the game is bad just because it is difficult. Why is it now days people just want stuff handed to them? I understand getting frustrated, but c'mon this game is fun, even though some of the story is difficult. That's why they call them achievements, because when you earn them you feel like you've achieved something.

At first I thought this game was hard. Until I learned how to do all the super blocks and steals. After that it was easy.

And for holding Tracy McGrady to 0 pts and score 11 you just do the Act a Fool combo dunk get 5, super steal act a fool dunk again. You will still be able to super steal again, and then just go for the dunk. Easy, did it my first try.

• 4 weeks later...

Nahhhh, only like in Episode 1 with like the 1v1v1 bullshit with J O'neal and T-mac is lame on your 1st playthrough......you just have to get lucky oftentimes because your created baller is such a "twig" that he'll fall to the ground 24/7 literally.

For basically every chapter....just do the Act-A-Fool combos.....easiest and cheapest ways to rack up points....and drive past your opponent.....giving them a slimmer chance to block your shots. In all honesty.....I got to the middle of Episode 5 in like about 1.5 hours of gameplay.

Once you learn the Act-A-Fool combo and learn to do Super Steal and such.....it's a breeze. Bottom line though: Midway made such a crappy game, so we have to deal with it.

coming back from 22 was pretty easy, just simply work your way up to a super move level 3, stand in the basketball on the floor, hold LT+RT+B, just make sure you're in the basketball, i recommend standing still whilst doing this. And also, for those that don't know, doing a level 3 shut 'em down move finishes the game and you automatically win, but take note this is only in standard first to 11 games, not the ones where you have to achieve other moves etc. :)

I just finished the Story Mode last night. Here are some tips I can share for some common issues:

For the "No Checks 1 v 1", for every possession, I would start at the top of the key, even after I dunked it and got the ball back. Here's why: if you put the ball right back into the basket after a score, there's a chance that your opponent will steal the rebound. By dunking, getting the rebound, going all the way back to the top of the key, you can easily run by your opponent, dunk it, and he's nowhere close and no danger to steal the rebound. It's a slow, but safe way to ensure you keep scoring and keep the ball away from your opponent. :woop:

For those having trouble with the Superstar dunk, I followed the advice from this thread. When you get your 3 star ranking, walk over to the "Shut'em down" circle at the top of the key, stop, hold LT + RT, then hit X. Don't make the mistake that I, as well as others, did. Yes, in the real world, you would want a running start if you were to dunk. But, this is NBA Ballers where you can dunk the ball even while standing still! Many times, I would end up shooting the Super Shot, and not the dunk, which is probably the most frustrating experience ever. :uzi:

To build up to 3 stars, often times I would Act-a-fool once, run back in front of the guy guarding me, then do it again, then go dunk it. It all depended on the shot clock. Getting from 0 stars to 2 stars is easy, but 2 stars to 3 can take forever if you only do one Act-a-fool at a time.

Anyone playing this still?

Im properly stuck on the hold Tim McGrady to 0 points one and i cant do the LB and x move after i steal it for some reason..it gets to like the 3rd button in the sequence and i press it and he steals it...

Is there another way like do it once and then just let the shot clock go and get it back so the time runs out because it is properly annoying having to beat 2 players before you even get up to playing him...and theres two after so if i loose to them im gonna actually kill a kitten.

I might just start a new player and get up to this point but make him amazing at 3,s dunks and steals because i need it for the second play through achievement anyway..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...