The New Unachievable Achievement Thread

mcnichoj

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh My Gosh,please tell me Auction house is still open in Forza 2 I loved that stuff man. Ive spent hours in that mode. Can anyone confirm its open still ?
They announced a date the servers were to go down but they ended up not going down that day and went down weeks later.

It was removed and then re-added to this thread as these events unfolded.

Sorry but the auction house is gone for good now.

It looks like Need for Speed: The Run has an unobtainable; "King for a Day" has been broken for the last 5 weeks.
I'll look into this once I'm on a computer.

Good job maintening the thread mcnichoj, I just want to point out that there's another unobtainable achievement in the game Top Gun: Hard Lock: the achievement Give 'em Hell is bugged because 2 weapons packs don't unlock when is supposed to, the same happens on the PS3 version but apparentely the trophy still unlocks there.

I hope this isn't true...
I've seen a few people say that it was, still checking it out though.

Good job maintening the thread mcnichoj, I just want to point out that there's another unobtainable achievement in the game Top Gun: Hard Lock: the achievement Give 'em Hell is bugged because 2 weapons packs don't unlock when is supposed to, the same happens on the PS3 version but apparentely the trophy still unlocks there.
Added it boss.

Skate 3 announced that it would be shutting down the skate reel and graphic creator come April 29th. So it will be unachieveable after that date. It should only affect 3 achievements though.
I'll add this in.

Hello again. There's a supposed report by an user about why the Clock Watching achievement in Worms: Ultimate Mayhem is bugged.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5592735&postcount=4

I'll fix the reason.

Will also add the things about DDR and NFS.

I saw FIFA 10 on the unachievable thread section, but I know many people were able to complete it without the game updates.

Is this unlocking method considered legitimate or not?

No servers = no multiplayer = some achievements being unobtainable FOREVER

Games where you can do the no patch/play offline tricks are legit.

Hello.

Sorry for the delay.

Many days ago I contacted SEGA uk about "Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine" missing DLC "Chaos Unleashed", pointing out the game itself is available on GoD, including all other DLCs and Online Pass.

This is their answer:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, we currently do not have access to the tools required to sort this issue out for you. We are currently working closely with Relic to get these tools in place as quickly as possible. We will let you know as soon as we have the ability to assist you. We apologise for any inconvenience during this transition and greatly appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards,

SEGA Support

To be honest I do not understand what they mean with "we currently do not have access to the tools required to sort this issue out for you", however if you are interested in this matter I suggest you contact SEGA customer service, and let them feel a bit of pressure, and you care about the matter.

Thank you.

I have also contacted Relic and I will let you know if they will reply me.

Edited by Pralaya

A lot of Tom Clancy's ENDWAR achievements are now unobtainable due to the shutting down of the theatre of war. Heres a list

Always Attack (15g)

Role Of Honor (20g)

Urban Operations (20g)

Breach and Clear (15g)

Survivor (20g)

BOOM (20g)

Mass Murderer (5g)

Spearhead (20g)

Strategist (20g)

Point of Attack (20g)

War is Heck (30g)

Destroyer (20g)

Fast and Furious (15g)

Total War (20g)

Army of One (20g)

Napoleon (20g)

DLC ACHIEVEMENTS ALSO UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

Gates of Fire (20g)

Lonely at the Top (30g)

Super Soldiers (20g)

Down to Size (20g)

This adds up to a WHOPPING 420 gamerscore that is unobtainable (including the glitched achievement)

So if you buy this game your looking at a max of 800g out of 1220g

I saw FIFA 10 on the unachievable thread section, but I know many people were able to complete it without the game updates.

Is this unlocking method considered legitimate or not?

Using the glitch that unlocks random achievements is not against ToS or any other rules. It is not "legit" but totally "legal"

Are Tom Clancy's EndWar servers really closed on ToW mode? They are still running on the PS3 version, and usually, servers always close for both platforms (minus really isolated cases like Ghostbusters). Can someone check better?
Guess I shouldn't have added it without checking first, was kind of a knee jerk with not having updated for a week and a half I just wanted to add everything I could.

Apparently the game isn't on his GT but then again no one has posted in that games section in a while.

If someone has it and can pop it in real quick, would be much appreciated.

Seems that in the PSN PS3 version of EndWar the Dog of War trophy is possible but with a completely different requirement: "Win 50 times in a row". So the platinum is possible.

Check this link http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tom-clancys-endwar/197498-100-plat-possible-legit.html

Now, my question is, the Game on Demand version could be patched in the same way too?

Seems that in the PSN PS3 version of EndWar the Dog of War trophy is possible but with a completely different requirement: "Win 50 times in a row". So the platinum is possible.

Check this link http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tom-clancys-endwar/197498-100-plat-possible-legit.html

Now, my question is, the Game on Demand version could be patched in the same way too?

Updated.

Added a new game.

I just think this is VERY weird. It's another case of game that works there but not here. Top Gun is a fine example, but it was also Rugby Challenge that suffered from the same issue before finally getting a patch. What in the hell developers have in mind when they code? Absolutely a joke... and it's not a funny one.:mad:

Guess I shouldn't have added it without checking first, was kind of a knee jerk with not having updated for a week and a half I just wanted to add everything I could.

Apparently the game isn't on his GT but then again no one has posted in that games section in a while.

If someone has it and can pop it in real quick, would be much appreciated.

the games not on this GT but it is on my other gt i use for testing games, you can also check on Trueachievements for confirmation

http://www.trueachievements.com/EndWar/achievements.htm

I have ENDWAR on both PS3 and Xbox 360. I can confirm that the servers are down for 360, but are still active on PS3. I think I posted something about this earlier.

EDIT: PSN digital versions of disc based games are not compatible (save-wise) with disc versions, as they have separate data/coding/whatever- and the Digital version of Endwar has the patch built in which fixes the glitch (and is unattainable via Disc copy). 360 digital games are perfectly compatible, indicating they are using the same data/coding/whatever. If the GOD version is the same as the disc version, it's not going to have a separate built in patch. How long has the GOD version been out? I'm surprised no one noticed this on PSN before the other day. Fairly moot, as the online for the 360 version is down (Unless it's returned in the last couple weeks). I can check again when I get home if you want.

Edited by Floorkiller