Answer to advancing Enclave phases

Tonic24k

I made this a new thread because when I searched for this topic there were only threads asking the question and without sufficient response within.

Here's what I found to be the most adequate answer to the question, "How do I get the Enclave phases to advance?" The other threads reminded us of the red bar indicating the progress for the next phase. If you beat the current phase a second time, the bar will fill up. To get the next phase to spawn, merely hang out in the Sector's area and wait for an Enclave to "threaten the city". A red banner will pop up informing you of this and they will spawn up in your vicinity. Kill them all and go back to your hang out. Just let Hulk sit there. Knock out some push ups or something. A minute or two later another Enclave group will show up. Take them out. You will notice that the more you do this, the enemies will have new weapons. This is progress. After defeating about 4 or 5 groups of Enclaves the next phase will update. Sometimes it's right after you take a group out and sometimes it's while you're waiting for the next group to show up. But I used this method for all 4 Sectors and I had them spawning up in no time. Hope this clarifies.

Edited by Tonic24k

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Should I not have destroyed each bases' headquarters then? I did that pretty-much near the beginning of the game, so they were still Phase 1. Will I have to start again?

Yeh me to i have got to phase 1 on the vulcan and destroyed the base, does this mean i wont be able to advance any further?

Never mind i have figured it out. Basically once the enclave develop there first phase i have gone round and kicked there ass. If you then click select to look at the map and press left on the d-pad a few times you will see the enclaves status on the red bar - by trashing buildings and causing mayhem in each of there areas the red bar will slowly build up to the next phase.....just rinse and repeat for each stage.

Edited by m4DD0gg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Unless I'm mistaken, you do have to advance in the game before all phases become available. I tried forcing the final base to appear for about half hour, no dice. Then after finishing one of the story arcs (or it might have been when I hit threat level 9, can't quite remember) I got a message that the Enclave was "resuming weapons research" or something along those lines. So I went back to waiting around for Enclave assault groups to appear.

The final purple missions appeared for me after beating 1-2 assault groups in each Enclave sector.

• 4 months later...

the faction phases are annoying. I beat the game and these were the last things I needed to do to 1000 the game.

you can check the faction's research progress on the map and paging over to their missions with the d-pad and moving the map cursor over their territory.

There's a bug tho. If you repeat and beat the last phase, it will SAY the research is maxxed when its not. Repeating the last phase does advance their research though. More than if you waited for a strike team to show up. You'll have to quit and reload your game to see exactly how far along they are if you replay old phases.

alternately, the bars also increase as time passes. Not by much tho. If you're close to them completing research, you could sit there for 10 or so minutes and you should get the message telling you they're done.

also, fighting the enclave bosses: if they're flying around, throw cars at them. When they're on the ground, sonic clap them twice to stun them (doing it b+y or x then charge y doesn't matter) and beat them up.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I'll add my insight into how I unlocked the Enclave 3rd phases.

I replayed both first and second phases for each Enclave area, this maxed out my bar in all 4 Enclave sectors. From there I hung around waiting for Enclave Assault groups. After a couple of groups, the phase 3 mission unlocked in a whole other Enclave sector. So I still hung around.. killed another assault group or two, then same thing happened. Phase 3 was unlocked for a whole other sector. Phase 3 then unlocked for the sector I was hanging out in, so I jumped on the subway to the last sector. After waiting about 5 minutes, no assault group, the final sector's phase 3 mode unlocked..

Thanks a lot for the direction here, really appreciate it.