New Vehicles on Old Maps

Merch

What would people think if new versions of some of the original maps with some of the new vehicles mixed in were implemented? I think Caspian Border and Firestorm could work, with one of each team's tanks substituted with a Tank Destroyer, and a Mobile Artillery added in. Should be enough simple to do, and would add some more longevity, since we got the new vehicles have instead of guns for this DLC.

What would people think if new versions of some of the original maps with some of the new vehicles mixed in were implemented? I think Caspian Border and Firestorm could work, with one of each team's tanks substituted with a Tank Destroyer, and a Mobile Artillery added in. Should be enough simple to do, and would add some more longevity, since we got the new vehicles have instead of guns for this DLC.

Well, I haven't played the DLC yet (fuck Microsoft!), so I'm really in no place to comment, but that idea sounds pretty good. Although, instead of adding the MAV, it should replace an existing vehicle so it doesn't unbalance the player count (but then again, how many people can use the tank destroyer? If it's just one, then the removal of the one tank would balance it perfectly).

What would people think if new versions of some of the original maps with some of the new vehicles mixed in were implemented?

I was just thinking that it is a shame this did not happen, I was under the impression that new vehicles were added to existing maps. I thought I remember seeing on one of the AK trailers how we could use new unlocks in old maps, obviously did not happen. But how sweet would the Mobile Artilary be on Oman? Blasting them snipers with Air-Bursts, they would not know what hit them

Although, instead of adding the MAV, it should replace an existing vehicle so it doesn't unbalance the player count (but then again, how many people can use the tank destroyer? If it's just one, then the removal of the one tank would balance it perfectly).

Tank destroyer has four gun ports in addition to the driver. The mobile artillery has a completely unique niche, so I really can't think of anything I would want to have to replace with it.

I thought I remember seeing on one of the AK trailers how we could use new unlocks in old maps, obviously did not happen.

For some reason I thought there were supposed to be new add-ons for the old vehicles.

DAMN YOU!

i had a dream about this the other day (no joke) i was playing caspian border on conquest with the ac130, well thats all i remember, but yeah it sounds like a good idea, the new vehicles would be used more. this reminds me of my x-favourite game: warhawk (on ps3) it was such a fucking awsome game, it had a dropship dlc, and APC dlc and a jetpack dlc, when the dropship came out (with new maps) you could use it in old maps aswell, and the same with the APC and jetpack. if you were allowed to use the dropship in the map it would be called map1 - DLC1. so in battlefield we could have Caspian Border - AK meaning it features new vehicles, and anyone without armoured kill who dosent have the new vehicles will not be able to join. OR even give them for free?

Tank destroyer has four gun ports in addition to the driver. The mobile artillery has a completely unique niche, so I really can't think of anything I would want to have to replace with it.

For some reason I thought there were supposed to be new add-ons for the old vehicles.

Ah, well, nobody really uses those in the IFVs either, so I'd think it'd work fine. Also, I meant to replace something simply because of player count, we do have a finite number of players and if we've got two people in jets, two in the chopper, three in the tanks, one in the tank destroyer and one in the MAV, well, that doesn't leave much. Although, I'm sure it would still be fun.

DAMN YOU!

i had a dream about this the other day (no joke) i was playing caspian border on conquest with the ac130, well thats all i remember, but yeah it sounds like a good idea, the new vehicles would be used more. this reminds me of my x-favourite game: warhawk (on ps3) it was such a fucking awsome game, it had a dropship dlc, and APC dlc and a jetpack dlc, when the dropship came out (with new maps) you could use it in old maps aswell, and the same with the APC and jetpack. if you were allowed to use the dropship in the map it would be called map1 - DLC1. so in battlefield we could have Caspian Border - AK meaning it features new vehicles, and anyone without armoured kill who dosent have the new vehicles will not be able to join. OR even give them for free?

Haha, I've had some weird dreams about BF3, pretty much all about new maps that aren't even in the game. Which also pretty weird because I almost never have dreams (or I just don't remember them?).

But seriously, somebody needs to port the final area from the MW2 SP mission Wolverines, that little SP map was probably the best thing about MW2, I can't count how many times I played that mission (and the Spec Ops based on it) just for that map. It's like IW made it for Battlefield! It's a perfect sandbox area and vehicles would fit really well because they could easily traverse the open areas, but most or all of the flags would be in the buildings, so infantry, if they could make it across the open areas, would be totally safe, throw in an attack heli to the BTRs, LAVs and HMMVWs and you would have probably the most balanced map in the game, with every type of player serving a purpose and constant contact. Ok, dream's over, but at least I can... dream...

But seriously, somebody needs to port the final area from the MW2 SP mission Wolverines, that little SP map was probably the best thing about MW2, I can't count how many times I played that mission (and the Spec Ops based on it) just for that map. It's like IW made it for Battlefield! It's a perfect sandbox area and vehicles would fit really well because they could easily traverse the open areas, but most or all of the flags would be in the buildings, so infantry, if they could make it across the open areas, would be totally safe, throw in an attack heli to the BTRs, LAVs and HMMVWs and you would have probably the most balanced map in the game, with every type of player serving a purpose and constant contact. Ok, dream's over, but at least I can... dream...

Someone probably will but it'll be a PC mod :(

Consoles again be left adrift. We need Steam on consoles.

I think they should add two tank destroyers to Grand Bazaar..should be interesting. :p

Messy.

MESSSSSSYYYY!!!!!!

Ah, well, nobody really uses those in the IFVs either, so I'd think it'd work fine. Also, I meant to replace something simply because of player count, we do have a finite number of players and if we've got two people in jets, two in the chopper, three in the tanks, one in the tank destroyer and one in the MAV, well, that doesn't leave much. Although, I'm sure it would still be fun.

Cutting the transport helis could be an option, none of the AK maps have them. It's not like anyone used them properly anyway

Cutting the transport helis could be an option, none of the AK maps have them. It's not like anyone used them properly anyway
A friend and I always use them properly on Oman and Firestorm. He would fly and I would sit on the right hand gunner seat then as people spawned on the chopper he'd take us to flags being captured/contested, everyone would jump out and I'd provide air support.

Haven't tried it since the Stinger/IGLA buff though, I doubt we'd last 2 minutes at present. Which was a shame because owning ground forces and attack choppers with a simple transport chopper was a riot (and no doubt rage inducing for the enemy :D)

Add them? No. Replace existing vehicles with new vehicles? Sure. The biggest thing that I have a gripe with is that there are way too many AA options on the new maps. Stingers/IGLAs, Mobile AA, Mobile Artillery w/AA, Scout/Attack Choppers, Jets. Given that Jammer doesn't work and Flares are only partly effective, it just leaves very little balance between air vehicles and AA Countermeasures. That, and the fact that there are still too few people playing on consoles.

• 2 weeks later...