Drugs and Prostitutes In GTA V? No Way! (ESRB - M | ACB - R18+)

iBuzz7S

Minor spoilers. Will put info in spoiler tags.

[spoiler=12]

Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto 5 will let you smoke bongs and once again visit prostitutes, a new ESRB rating for the game has revealed.

The US board has collected together a detailed list of the game's various violent sections, digital sex acts and drug use (thanks, Kotaku).

Fair warning, the following contains very mild spoilers.

"Players use pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles, and explosives to kill various enemies (e.g., rival gang members); players also have the ability to shoot non-adversary civilians, though this may negatively affect players' progress as a penalty system triggers a broad police search. Blood-splatter effects occur frequently, and the game contains rare depictions of dismemberment.

"In one sequence, players are directed to use various instruments and means to extract information from a character; the sequence is intense and prolonged, and it involves some player interaction (i.e., responding to on-screen prompts)."

No nudity is depicted on screen while indulging in the services of a prostitute, although it will be present during a scene at a lap dance club. Male genitalia will be exposed "in a non-sexual context" during a mission involving cult members.

"Within the game, TV programs and radio ads contain instances of mature humor," the listing continues. "Myriad sex jokes; depictions of raw sewage and feces on a worker's body; a brief instance of necrophilia (no nudity is depicted).

"Some sequences within the larger game allow players to use narcotics (e.g., smoking from a bong, lighting a marijuana joint); cocaine use is also depicted. Players' character can, at various times, consume alcohol and drive while under the influence. The words "f**k," "c*nt," and "n**ger" can be heard in the dialogue."

Sounds like your typical GTA game. :p

Can't wait for one week after the games release. Journalists, with their wonderful work, will go on to discuss these certain things and try to blame violence on games like Grand Theft Auto.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-21-grand-theft-auto-5-will-let-you-smoke-weed

Reading this shows that the whole Saints Row IV editing makes no sense.

I'm wondering how many days it will be after release before some heinous crime is blamed on GTA V. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if it happens on the release date. Either way, it only drives interest up and gets more people playing it, so it has the opposite effect to what they were hoping.

I'm wondering how many days it will be after release before some heinous crime is blamed on GTA V. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if it happens on the release date. Either way, it only drives interest up and gets more people playing it, so it has the opposite effect to what they were hoping.

The only reasoning I could come up with is how drugs are portrayed in each respective game..

(It's a backwards system anyway, they should be able to have both uncensored)

What is it with Rockstar and putting cocks in games? Lol. I spit my tea everywhere when it happened in The Lost and the Damned!

This is the only one I knew about. :biglaugh

http://images.wikia.com/gta/pl/images/9/99/WK_Chariot_Hotel_(VC_-_2).jpg

Edited by Burnout x360a

The only reasoning I could come up with is how drugs are portrayed in each respective game..

(It's a backwards system anyway, they should be able to have both uncensored)

This is the only one I knew about. :biglaugh

http://images.wikia.com/gta/pl/images/9/99/WK_Chariot_Hotel_(VC_-_2).jpg

In GTA IV wasn't there dildos in garbage piles?

I'm sure the Daily Mail already has the plates set and ink loaded Callum :p

Yep, more Rockstar trolling us! :p Say there's nudity in the game, and it's male (since the strippers aren't actually naked/topless).

Actually..

Nudity is present, however, primarily in two settings: a topless lap dance in a strip club and a location that includes male cult members with exposed genitalia in a non-sexual context.

Which is excellent. Not because Im a pervert (tee-hee) but when your dealing with a world as gritty as GTA, where you can cut a guys fucking head off and nobody blinks an eye; nudity shouldn't be a big deal.

So yeah, drugs, sex, violence. This is an game with adult themes, lets cut out this unnecessary censorship. Put on your big boy pants and lets go!

So yeah, drugs, sex, violence. This is an game with adult themes, lets cut out this unnecessary censorship. Put on your big boy pants and lets go!

Did you mean take off your big boy pants?

:dance:

Dismemberment? I wonder if it can be caused, non-scripted, with explosions or RPG's.

I doubt it, it'll probably be some grisly cutscenes.

Which is excellent. Not because Im a pervert (tee-hee) but when your dealing with a world as gritty as GTA, where you can cut a guys fucking head off and nobody blinks an eye; nudity shouldn't be a big deal.

Agreed! Nudity shouldn't be a big deal in a game like GTA. I wonder how many parents will see it not realizing what game they just bought their kids, and how many kids will scream of joy because of it. What am I say, parents don't pay attention anymore these days.

Dismemberment? I wonder if it can be caused, non-scripted, with explosions or RPG's.

Probably not because it says...

"Blood-splatter effects occur frequently, and the game contains rare depictions of dismemberment."

...so, I'm guessing it doesn't happen that often or caused by the player itself. I'm guessing it only happens in cut-scenes and I'm guessing it only happens with Trevor. Sad part is, I was hoping the chainsaw would make a return and you could tear anyone apart, but I'm guessing it's not in the game.

Agreed! Nudity shouldn't be a big deal in a game like GTA. I wonder how many parents will see it not realizing what game they just bought their kids, and how many kids will scream of joy because of it. What am I say, parents don't pay attention anymore these days.

Exactly,i dont see how parents complain about GTA games,yet they go out and buy their 12 year old an M rated game the next week?

Exactly,i dont see how parents complain about GTA games,yet they go out and buy their 12 year old an M rated game the next week?

cause most parents are hippocrites. its ok if lil johnny or suzie plays call of duty or battlefield when in those games its all about killing other guys and theres some bad words here and there. those are m rated games.

but oh no if theres even one scene were a virtual woman pulls her top off then its all about hell raising.

its amzing how so many parents these days have such boring lifes that they have to protest about how bad games are on kids. how about a smarter alternative dont buy the game for your kid and if you dont like the tv shows they watch block the channel. just dont make a dumb protest group about it. lol.

i played vice city at 8 and saandreas at 11 it had no negative effects on me.

people like jack thompson get a life.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

That why i play the columbine rpg.... to soon? But seriously i want more bad language explosions a

and violence than aliens or u dont care about gta 5.

lol thats right did you know bully when it was first announced jack thompson said it would be a columbine simulator were you killed other teenagers recreating the terrible 1999 school shooting.

this was before any gameplay,screen shots were taken. the game came close to being banned.

im surprised R star didnt sue jack for false claims that would have cost them money.

it will take time but in the end games will be recognized as art just as movies and books were both hated at one time and called evil.

Personally I've always believed GTA to be a rather dramatic crime life simulator, and shows the masses out there just what it's like to be a criminal. Sure it has sexual moments, brutal moments, and very violent moments, but so does real life.

People and critics who judge Grand Theft Auto are blind tot hat fact that GTA is in itself a very realistic game more than they think, and is partially educating the nation on what NOT to do in real life.

Can't wait for GTA V :)

Personally I've always believed GTA to be a rather dramatic crime life simulator, and shows the masses out there just what it's like to be a criminal. Sure it has sexual moments, brutal moments, and very violent moments, but so does real life.

People and critics who judge Grand Theft Auto are blind tot hat fact that GTA is in itself a very realistic game more than they think, and is partially educating the nation on what NOT to do in real life.

Mate please don't ever go to a gang infested neighbor hood and goodness stay away from Harlem,bad parts of Chicago,and the worst of em all Compton. Lol

GTA is nothing like real gang life.

Back when they were DMA, Rockstar have always said that the GTA series is a satirical view of American culture and stereotypes. There is always going to be some truth in satire but it's never meant to portray a realistic insight into certain American communities.

Even in the GTA5 gameplay trailer at about 0:21 the narrator says GTA 5 is a satirical reimagining.

The problem is too many uniformed people assume like you do that this is a realistic take on the criminal underworld hence the outcry. Having said that, this game certainly isn't for children:p

'GTA 4' Death: 8-Year-Old Boy Kills Grandmother After Playing 'Grand Theft Auto 4', Cops Blame Game

http://www.ibtimes.com/gta-4-death-8-year-old-boy-kills-grandmother-after-playing-grand-theft-auto-4-cops-blame-game

Let's not jump to conclusion tho. When I was watching the story today on CNN, Dr. Drew stated things like this usually happen when there's a problem at the home, but if the person is normal and knows right from wrong then video games do not cause these things to happen.

Before it was comic books that were blamed for the violence, now movies and more so video games. I think there was obviously something wrong at the home for the 8 year old.. to do what he did and of course the cops will put the blame on the game. The game itself tho does not motivate people to go out and want to cause violence, that's just plain stupid. If you do things like that, you're not right in the head, plain and simple.

"By accounts of relatives of the victim, as well as friends of the family, the victim and the juvenile had a normal, loving, relationship and even shared the same bedroom," the sheriff's department said.

Notice it says normal? So what else could it be... oh I don't know, maybe the fact that an 8 year old shouldn't be playing a game like GTA. As I stated above in another post, where are the parents let alone now the supervision. Does no one pay attention to what kids are doing anymore these days? "Mom can I have this?" ... "Sure" (continues to text).

I know GTA is the most controversial game... ever, but the cops fail to wonder why and how an 8 year old got hold of a game like that. An 8 year old should have a DS or a Wii, not a game like GTA. Why a kid also had reach to a loaded gun.. I won't even get into. Parenting these days.. pfft.