Ship Level on Veteran - Checkpoint Guide

Muckrak3r

Okay I wrote one for the Dam level, so why not for the Ship level too as it is also very difficult on Veteran. I posted a shorter version of this in another thread but a friend of mine is stuck on this level so I decided to write up a full level checkpoint guide. Again, my advice, take it very slow, turn your brightness up, and your volume up (so you can hear footsteps coming around corners etc), just try not to go suicidal with the loud music as that really really frustrated me subconsciously.

After starting off following your partner (who in no way looks German so I don't care about papers, how do they let him on the ship!!!!) and going down into the ship, you get a CHECKPOINT in an ammo room after your cover is blown. Make sure you are at 100% health, if not, restart the level and try again.

Now the next checkpoint is quite a ways away. You have to kill all the guys down below while arming 4 explosives. Going down the hallways and staying at full health is very difficult. Use the sides, and doorways and corner peak out and shoot guys when you can. GO SLOW. Memorize where the enemies come from. When possible, shoot guys way down hallways before they post up on the other sides of the doors. (this is where having the brightness way up helped me so I could actually see them way down at the other end of the halls) They are quite dangerous from the doorways and take much longer to kill. It's so much quicker and easier to auto-aim mp40 them while they are running up to those doors. It's not too hard to get the first 2 explosives set and move on. The 2nd set of explosives is where I kept dying. Guys around corners, rushing out of doorways, etc. Corner peak every single doorway and hallway if you aren't sure where the enemies are. After you set the 4th explosive, you have to make your way all the way back to the hangar you first went down in. Just keep going the way you already are. There will be other enemies that post up behind doorways and rush down hallways. Be prepared and take your time. As soon as you make it back to that hangar and have 100% health - CHECKPOINT.

The next checkpoint, if you are at 100% health, is after destroying all communication devices or whatever they are, and picking up intel in the bridge room. Then there are no more checkpoints through the rest of the level if I remember correctly, but you don't really need any after that because the hard part is over.

At the top of the stairs, just camp there and mp40 any guys that run through the open hangar. Sometimes only 2 appears but hopefully 4 or 5 show, it makes the rest of this part easy. Slowly approach the opening of the hangar and see if any other dudes rush there, or approach from the right side. Then, back away behind the crates on the back left and mp40 every one that pops out and watch carefully for guys on the left side as they are a pain in the neck at times. There should be two guys on the left and they are easy to kill.

Then, stay crouched behind the crates on the right and slowly move up the left side of that back crate until you can see the first rifleman dudes legs up high on that perch. Shoot him in the leg and when he starts to get back up pop him again for the kill. Then you have to move up and lay eyes on the other sniper dude and then he should run over to the left so you can shoot him in the legs and again as he gets up the way you did the first rifleman. That 2nd rifleman got me over and over and over because many times, as soon as I would get to where I could see him he would shoot me.

Once you have the snipers out of the way, there should only be 3 guys left to deal with on the right side. Corner peak out of the hangar door and take them out one at a time. Now you should be clear for a bit.

I went in the left side door. Up the first 2 flights of stairs, and then a guy rushes that door there when you get to it, just spray mp40 and you should be fine. In the room with the 1st communication device (or whatever it is you destroy) one guy will run to the door. Take him out, then shoot out the device. Once you enter the room a guy will run in from the left, take him out.

Now the room where the next device is, is really annoying and tricky. Shoot the device. Now there are 2 guys up those stairs somewhere. The key is to try and draw them down to you, as shooting them from down below never worked for me. I drew them down by running in the room with the device I shot out and camping in the far corner on the same side as the stairs. Hopefully the guys come down at you one at a time and you can mp40 their legs.

Once you have them clear, the last guys are in the bridge room. Again, either grenade that room (always risky because the grenades keep rolling down the stairs on me and there's no indicator) or just take it very very slow. One guy camps over the stairs and is very hard to kill without taking damage. And there is either 1 or 2 guys outside you can shoot through the window (far side from the stairs) and 1 guy sometimes enters the bridge room. Once you have these guys killed, pick up the intel and you will get a CHECKPOINT.

*It's possible I missed an enemy or two, as I did this from memory, so just keep an eye out and corner peak every chance you get.*

Once you get this checkpoint, go outside on this level and look over the railings, there is 1 guy on each side of the ship out on some rafters or whatever. Kill them to make the rest of the level easier. After they are gone, make your way back down. Once you get back to deck level you start to see more guys here and there if I remember correctly. Not too many of them and I only had to reload that bridge checkpoint once. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help in my previous thread:)

I think every damn level should be explained like that - 'cause surprisingly, game seems much easier when you actually know where the next checkpoint is. I have no clue why.

And little correction: you actually get checkpoints on Ship while you have as much as 75 percent health (one hit from machinegunner is okay that is).

Thanks for your help in my previous thread:)

I think every damn level should be explained like that - 'cause surprisingly, game seems much easier when you actually know where the next checkpoint is. I have no clue why.

And little correction: you actually get checkpoints on Ship while you have as much as 75 percent health (one hit from machinegunner is okay that is).

I agree about the level write ups. These two write ups are great. Very helpful to those of us struggling. You should do the same for some of the earlier levels as well.

I agree about the level write ups. These two write ups are great. Very helpful to those of us struggling. You should do the same for some of the earlier levels as well.

I actually wrote these walkthroughs from straight memory, since I had to reload checkpoints so many times.

I breezed through every level up until Dam. So I didn't struggle and didn't think guides should be written. But once I got beasted for hours on Dam I wrote one up.

The only other level I struggled on in the entire game other than Dam and Ship was the truck level where some guy keeps handing you rockets and you go up a mountain. It wasn't until I figured out I had to save a rocket for the final car (the guys in the back kept killing me every time I got there) that I passed it. But again, I don't see many threads of people struggling there either.

Glad these write ups helped you.

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth,the first checkpoint after you get the guns and, where you have to plant the four explosives in the two hallways and run back up to the hangar, I had a much easier time running and gunning. Instead of taking it slow, I would rush into the first hallway and aim/fire bursts killing the two at the far end. Then fire a few short bursts as you continue moving forward to suppress or kill the guy at the far end who crosses the door left to right. If you don't kill him, just be ready to kill him on the left when you get to the door.

For the second hallway, I stood in the near door, and aimed a grenade at the buttom of the far light in the hallway. I threw two grenades, delayed about a second or so while I switched to MP40, then ran ahead. The grenades may kill all of the enemies at the far end, or may leave 1 or 2. In either case, as you run down the hallway, fire a few bursts as the first guy runs out, then be ready to mop up as you continue down the hallway.

This is a LOT faster and a LOT less frustrating than taking it slow, or was for me. It took me about 15-20 minutes worth of tries if that to get through with 100% health. When you take it slow, peaking around corners at both hallways killing all the enemies, you end up fighting extra enemies that spawn, and you just set yourself up to get shot up more by long range rifles, ruining an attempt that takes 5-10 minutes a try. Very frustraing and time consuming that way.

• 2 weeks later...

This level kicked my ass, although I still contend that Pegasus Day nearly drove me mental (I managed to kill the tanks and even reach a checkpoint using the flak gun but the mental scars may be permanent).

Anyway, thank you Muckrak3r for the write up and many thanks to DrVagoo for the brilliant hand grenade tactic to take out the Kreigsmariners in the the second corridor. I think DrVagoo's point was well made. There is such a thing as playing too careful. Especially when the bad guys continuously re-spawn. Once I realized that they do not stop spawning until you overrun the position I opened up my game and took the fight to them.

Oh, and here is a tactic that worked for me in the first corridor below decks. Once you arm yourself, hang by the door and three Kreigsmariners will approach. Using the carbine they are one shot, one kill affairs. Once I disposed of those fellows, I entered the corridor. The area by the first explosive charge site triggers an attack, as does the second and third. Never found out about the fourth one since I charged to the end of that corridor using the tactics suggested by DrVagoo.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the hardest level on the game. This level is f***ing ridiculous. This level has pissed me off so much. I can't even get to the first checkpoint without getting lit up. It's ridiculous how bs the AI is.

EDIT// FINALLY finished off this level. This level was worse than Dam only because the lack of checkpoints. I don't know how many times I died down where the explosives were. Thanks for your walkthroughs on Dam and this level as well, Muckrak3r.

Edited by SilverSluggerMZ

• 1 month later...
Now the next checkpoint is quite a ways away. You have to kill all the guys down below while arming 4 explosives. Going down the hallways and staying at full health is very difficult. Use the sides, and doorways and corner peak out and shoot guys when you can. GO SLOW. Memorize where the enemies come from. When possible, shoot guys way down hallways before they post up on the other sides of the doors. (this is where having the brightness way up helped me so I could actually see them way down at the other end of the halls) They are quite dangerous from the doorways and take much longer to kill. It's so much quicker and easier to auto-aim mp40 them while they are running up to those doors. It's not too hard to get the first 2 explosives set and move on. The 2nd set of explosives is where I kept dying. Guys around corners, rushing out of doorways, etc. Corner peak every single doorway and hallway if you aren't sure where the enemies are. After you set the 4th explosive, you have to make your way all the way back to the hangar you first went down in. Just keep going the way you already are. There will be other enemies that post up behind doorways and rush down hallways. Be prepared and take your time. As soon as you make it back to that hangar and have 100% health - CHECKPOINT.

I just did this part on another style. I kept getting killed on the playing careful way so I was like lets play rambo style. I took the MP40 and in each hallway I just sprayed in front of me without steady aim. I managed to plant all 4 explosives and go back to the Hangar with getting hit once and I did get a checkpoint.

• 5 weeks later...
Wait, let me get this straight you can only get the checkpoint with 100% health?!?! What kind of stupid idea is that?! :mad:

Well, not exactly. Some people claim to get checkpoints with less than full health. The only way to be positive you get each and every checkpoint is to maintain full health. The checkpoint system in this game is shaky at best.

• 1 month later...
For what it's worth,the first checkpoint after you get the guns and, where you have to plant the four explosives in the two hallways and run back up to the hangar, I had a much easier time running and gunning. Instead of taking it slow, I would rush into the first hallway and aim/fire bursts killing the two at the far end. Then fire a few short bursts as you continue moving forward to suppress or kill the guy at the far end who crosses the door left to right. If you don't kill him, just be ready to kill him on the left when you get to the door.

For the second hallway, I stood in the near door, and aimed a grenade at the buttom of the far light in the hallway. I threw two grenades, delayed about a second or so while I switched to MP40, then ran ahead. The grenades may kill all of the enemies at the far end, or may leave 1 or 2. In either case, as you run down the hallway, fire a few bursts as the first guy runs out, then be ready to mop up as you continue down the hallway.

This is a LOT faster and a LOT less frustrating than taking it slow, or was for me. It took me about 15-20 minutes worth of tries if that to get through with 100% health. When you take it slow, peaking around corners at both hallways killing all the enemies, you end up fighting extra enemies that spawn, and you just set yourself up to get shot up more by long range rifles, ruining an attempt that takes 5-10 minutes a try. Very frustraing and time consuming that way.

Beautiful tactic. Modified it a tad for my use, but beautiful. Works a charm. Did it within 15 minutes of seeing this. If anyone is having trouble, DO THIS METHOD.

First Hallway: I grenaded down, and waited for it to blow up. Then run down the hallyway gunning. There SHOULD be only 3 guys you have to handle. Go through and kill off that one stragler guy always facing the wrong way.. Then plant.

Second Hallway: Identical to above.

Third Hallway: I killed off the two guys that come and stayed the left hand side. Nade spam. 3 or 4? Let them blow up WITHOUT TAKING DAMAGE and run and gun down the hallway. CAREFUL - At the end, there's always a guy there. Once he went Chuck Norris on my ass. Next, as you approach the first stairs up, a nade will come. Just duck behind the door. Go up first stairs and there will be a guy. Spray and Pray. All clear from here and with 100% Health (Or just below maybe) BAM. Checkpoint.

• 5 weeks later...

OMFG!!!!!!! this helped so much than taking it slow many thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
you only get the checkpoints if you have 100 % helath. crazy though, been stuck on thisd mission for monthsd. still cant do it!!

Actually, no.. not for me at least.

After the first part near the armory and planting 4 charges, I was back in the hangar with a little more than 50 % health. My health bar was orange and I got a checkpoint. Now, with practice and dying a lot, I could leave the hangar and kill all of them without losing any health. Destroying the 3 devices was not the hard part. Without losing any health and after destroying the 3rd device thing and grabbing the intel, I got the other checkpoint. So, I was still over 50% and got all checkpoints.

• 2 months later...

are you seriouse,100% health,i keep reaching the captains cabin with about 2 millimeters on the health bar and start to make my way down the get killed,and back to the beginning again,i thought it may be glitched but to get to captains bridge with 100% is shit

• 6 months later...
  • bLaKgRaVy pinned and locked this topic