Can't talk through mic

mslot722

I had this happen to me twice in a week. :mad:

Flip the mute switch on your mic a couple times, and see if it feels loose. If it is, the plastic piece inside broke and you need to buy a new one.

If not, check all your settings and whatnot on your 360 and make sure you didn't mute yourself.

Chances are you'll need a new mic.

I recommend the Turtle Beach X-2. It's a bit expensive, but it's worth it, especially if you don't have a surround sound system. It plays your game audio as well as your Xbox Live chat, and it sounds awesome.

Hey guys, i recently found out that I can't talk through my headset, and it was working fine for months. I can hear everyone talking through it, I just can't respond. I have tried looking in the settings but no help, any tips?

Same problem here. But I dont believe in a broken Mic. cause I can still record voice messages! Any ideas?

I had this once also, but I found simply turning off the controller and turning it back on again fixed the problem (or you could just unplug the mic, and plug it back in a few times). This worked for me, but your problem sounds a bit more serious.

Since you can still record voice messages, could you have messed with a setting somewhere that just deals with chat? Or do some games have an internal setting in the menus for microphone use ? (I can't remember off the top of my head).

I had this once also, but I found simply turning off the controller and turning it back on again fixed the problem (or you could just unplug the mic, and plug it back in a few times). This worked for me, but your problem sounds a bit more serious.

You can't imagine how much I plugged and unplugged it the last couple of hours.^^ Although the connection between pad and headset looks like a bit fragile...

Since you can still record voice messages, could you have messed with a setting somewhere that just deals with chat? Or do some games have an internal setting in the menus for microphone use ? (I can't remember off the top of my head).

I don't know what to do anymore. I looked into every setting I could find but found nothing to help me out.

I'm having a similar problem except that everyone hears a static sound instead of me:(.

On Topic: Try checking the wires and seeing if they are all still attached. It's most likely though that one of the components died and it is considered dead.

You could be voice banned on live.

Have you been naughty?

No way. :D I had my gold membership for a couple of days when I found out that noone could hear me.

I phoned MS and they told me that there is nothing wrong with my account, but the guy from the support admitted that they have some issues with the german servers for xbl. However they'll send me a new headset, just to make sure that this isn't a hardware issue.

So I guess the only thing I can do is sit and wait... :(

No way. :D I had my gold membership for a couple of days when I found out that noone could hear me.

I phoned MS and they told me that there is nothing wrong with my account, but the guy from the support admitted that they have some issues with the german servers for xbl. However they'll send me a new headset, just to make sure that this isn't a hardware issue.

So I guess the only thing I can do is sit and wait... :(

Well... at least it's only your headset and not your 360.

• 6 years later...

my son is having problems with his headset he can hear them but they cant hear him i went through the settings he has a turtle beach X32 wireless and 2 different xbox 360 bluetooth one yesterday and one today HELP ME PLEASE