give it a try - nice game

fehag

i don't understand all the people saying that this game is bad. well it doesn't have the best grafic and the camera is annoying sometimes but it's still fun to play. i needed about 14 hours for my first playthrough including all the bonus missions. the achievements are very good and stackable. the story is very interesting and i know it's fiction but you still can learn some history aspects about the inquisition, crusades and templars. i like it :drunk

• 2 weeks later...
How easy are the achievements, I don't want to play a rubbish game if the GS is hard as well lol.

Piss easy is an understatement.

I've got 650GS so far just from playing the story, (I'm on about the third last mission after 8 hours of story), and not really doing anything different than I normally would.

The only tricky thing will be the hundred or so GS from the multiplayer stuff.

Do it on hard, too. I've played the first mission on both normal and hard and there honestly wasn't much difference between the two, you just take a tad more damage.

This game sure is fun. The graphics are not bad either. It does have varied environments which is fun to explore. Also the game play variety is good. Its not just a button masher. Finding all collectibles has some puzzle solving involved. Also the stealth sections are welcome change. The story though not as strong as other AAA titles serves good. The game is not that hard on hard difficulty but does get frustrating at times in duel. The achievements are easy and most importantly fun to achieve. The only downside is the terrible voice acting and a disappointing protagonist and lead characters. They completely lack any personality which is a sad thing. Otherwise i am having fun and i am playing this over LA Noire. I am waiting for my copy of LA Noire and till then this game should fill up the gap.

I am enjoying this game ALOT! I love medieval period stuff and the fact that it's 13th century Templars is even better. I've almost played through it twice already and I've had it less than 72 hours. My only complaint is that it resets your completed bonus objectives every time you replay a level, for example: if you play through a level and complete all the bonus objectives, and you replay that mission to get a part for a costume that you missed and you back out after you find it and have only completed 1 bonus objective, it resets them and says you only did 1. Kinda lame, but overall still a very entertaining game.

i got 780 in the first playthrough. it was fun. dont want the Arena dlc though which has a mix of easy achieves and pain in the ass achieves

None of The Arena is difficult btw.

(Not me being up-myself, it's genuinely really easy.)

The no damage ones might look difficult but with all the upgrades, the difficulty on casual (on casual you can see the indicator of when they are going to hit which makes it much easier just in itself) and just running about mostly letting the AI do a lot of the work you can get all of the achievements in about 20-30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
None of The Arena is difficult btw.

(Not me being up-myself, it's genuinely really easy.)

The no damage ones might look difficult but with all the upgrades, the difficulty on casual (on casual you can see the indicator of when they are going to hit which makes it much easier just in itself) and just running about mostly letting the AI do a lot of the work you can get all of the achievements in about 20-30 minutes.

:confused::confused::confused:

Any tips for Arena Round 2?

No way to go through it without getting hit.

And if I do - Mary doesn´t follow me, especially in the second part, where you have to open a door TOGETHER.

EVERY hint is welcome (*please help!*) :)

• 1 month later...

its a very cheaply developed game but it doesnt have any/alot of aggravating gaming aspects (at least on Easy) that would deter me from playing it atleast once thru.

plus its pretty generous with the achievements which is nice, how ever i dont know if its good enough that ill wanna go back an replay levels to mop up any remaining achievements.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

The game on hard was easy, Graphics are to be as expected. And gameplay was fun with a friend, Only host getting achievements? That was a bad choice. Got most achievements in 1 run. Only troubled ones are 2 multiplayer,

The arena, Do it with a friend and run around while they kill.

• 3 weeks later...
Only host getting achievements? That was a bad choice.

I don't think it was a choice honestly, an online co-op game without both players getting credit and seperate saves is like.... xbox 1 stuff, I think they couldn't get it to program correctly and just left it like that.

If you were to look at a pile of games released in the past few years, this game would be near the bottom. The graphics are shit, the controls are clunky, the combat is awful, the voice acting is laughably HORRIBLE, and the missions are annoying and boring. Anyone who says this is a good game needs to seriously expand the amount of games they have played past PS2 titles, cause thats pretty much what this game is, in fact it would have been bad on the PS2 as well.

With ALL that said.... still have to 1000 it... stupid friends convincing me to get games I don't want to rent... I should have said no to this one, I knew...... I knew :(

• 3 weeks later...
i don't understand all the people saying that this game is bad. well it doesn't have the best grafic

lol, that's exactly why people like to talk shit about First Templar. It looks and animates like a last generation title. Facial textures are also weird where they look glued on and slip around on some generic enemy models.

You're right though. The game itself is surprisingly not awful, and I think its the only game out there that attempts to offer real life history on who the templars were versus the usual OMG EVIL ILLUMINATI NWO ALIEN FREEMASON CONSPIRACY.

I also like how half the pikemen have pringles guy moustaches.

the controls are clunky, the combat is awful, the voice acting is laughably HORRIBLE

none of these are true. The controls are pretty good. Combat is simple and repetitive, but far from awful. The VA is stale, but you wouldn't know what horrible is unless you've witnessed a MegaCD or TurboCD game from 20 years ago.

Edited by Fried Cola

The controls are unresponsive, frequently not doing the input I gave it, there is a noticable delay when inputting a command and the action on screen, enemies frenquetly pop up already hitting me, counter timing is quite consistantly off, execution moves do not occur when they should, Coupe De Gras don't always happen when you get the prompt and press the correct button. I have had all these issues with the game.

The combat itself is slow paced and boring, which is marred by like I said above, controls that are just not crisp at all. There are better examples of hack and slash adventure for 5 bucks in the arcade.

Also, the voiceing is bad, I am not talking about 20 years ago, clearly if you are trying to compare a game released 2 years ago, to one released 20 years ago, you are a tad out of touch with what we should be expecting from a game these days, and pretty much invalidates anything else you say. Might as well just say, well, when you compare The First Templar to hitting a square ball back and forth with a paddle, it is pretty good!

The controls are unresponsive, frequently not doing the input I gave it, there is a noticable delay when inputting a command and the action on screen, enemies frenquetly pop up already hitting me, counter timing is quite consistantly off, execution moves do not occur when they should, Coupe De Gras don't always happen when you get the prompt and press the correct button. I have had all these issues with the game.

The combat itself is slow paced and boring, which is marred by like I said above, controls that are just not crisp at all. There are better examples of hack and slash adventure for 5 bucks in the arcade.

and I didn't have any of these issues. I don't know why you're trying to convince me I did. The game is mediocre, but you're doing your damnedest to make it sound worse than it really is. you're also telling me you don't know what 'clunky' means.

also: execution moves do not occur 'when they should'? Do you mean the sneaking kills or the random executions that automatically happen when you kill the last enemy? you seriously had trouble with doing a coupe de grace? Pushing :bbut: near a downed enemy. That was hard? You sound like you didn't even play this game at all.

Also, the voiceing is bad, I am not talking about 20 years ago, clearly if you are trying to compare a game released 2 years ago, to one released 20 years ago, you are a tad out of touch with what we should be expecting from a game these days, and pretty much invalidates anything else you say. Might as well just say, well, when you compare The First Templar to hitting a square ball back and forth with a paddle, it is pretty good!

spare me your haughty and naive rhetoric, fool. You didn't say the voice

acting was bad. I know remembering things is hard, but I'll help you out. You said:

the voice acting is laughably HORRIBLE

I realize reading comprehension is hard too, but I was pointing out you don't know what [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDn_pWCnQ-Y]'laughably HORRIBLE' is[/ame]

Edited by Fried Cola

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just completed this a couple days ago and it honestly was pretty bad. Not absolutely atrocious, but still an overall bad game. It's incredibly repetitive, has horrible dialogue, bad graphics, and it's very glitchy. There's also entire levels devoted to puzzle solving (which I hate) in what is classified as an 'Action game'. The coop saves this game a little bit from becoming ridiculously boring, but it's not enough to save if from the 'crap pile' of games I've amassed over the years.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
this is like the cursed crusade

its a fun little game

Thought the same things its like that Gamecube game and then you said Cursed Crusade:)

I like it not sure why its getting all the hate, easy achievements not sure if I will bother with the multiplayer achievements